Progressive Song Discussion Thread

Aussie Muser

At the moment, Chris is probably my favorite member. I know Matt is a great musician and all, but Chris is keeping his cool. Like all the time (unless he's drunk, which doesn't really happen anymore). He clearly doesn't want to have flashy concerts and wear Lady Gaga-esque outfits, he wants to stay down-to-earth and play with passion rather than put on a overly-grand show.

Maybe he can convince the others to go back to their roots in some way, or at least shy away from songs like NSC.

Also, Chris doesn't seem to like Twilight. :happy:

EDIT: Wrong thread, sorry everyone. :p

Uno sounds like you could dance some ballroom dance to it. I think I'm thinking tango. I image that would be fun, ballroom dancing to Muse. :awesome:

Showbiz is a good album for recharging my batteries. Uno is one of those songs. I don't know how it works, but at that time when I went "FML, FML, FML, ..." pretty much every day, Uno & co made my days better. Those songs just go through your headphone, right into you and push out all the bad things. I just felt this awesome energy. Ah, good memories of bad times. Thank you, Muse. :happy:

Uno

Isn't my favourite song in the album and tbh I find it overrated I like it but would definately choose sunburn or showbiz other it.

7/10

Overrated? It gets barely any credit. It's arguably one of the most underrated Muse songs. :rolleyes:

Uno sounds like you could dance some ballroom dance to it. I think I'm thinking tango. I image that would be fun, ballroom dancing to Muse. :awesome:

Most Definitely.

Uno is one of the Muse songs with a sort of "Latin" feel (like Darkshines, the opening of Hoodoo and such), and it's very catchy. The Bass and Drums are great too.

I particularly like this song live, what with the staccato guitar during the verses, and the guitar-throw on the Hullaballoo version!

I have to say, I think it's just wrong when Matt isn't using a Manson. The very early footage where he uses an SG I think, distresses me slightly.

Hmmm, well discussion has dropped right down and we are down to page two...

Okay, onto the next one - its another underrated song ins Sober

Actually, I don't have much to say about this song because it is very bland. Don't get me wrong, i love it but of all Muse songs, i think this is the most - blah.

It's even more generic than Fillip, apart from a little bit of falsetto in the chorus (alright, i love that note he hits on "Burns" in the second line. I like the solo though - that's pretty cool. Apart from that, it's pretty meh.

Oh I also have to mention the whole "Arbourler, jamieson I love you" and how I misheard that as "How many times before i love you" which doesn't even make any fucking sense.

What's everyone's favourite part of this song too? Mine is the solo.

7/10

Sober

I've always found this song funny for some reason, I just can't take it seriously but I quite like it, I remember when I was trying to figure out what Royal Canadian, Wild Turkey, Aberlour and Jameson ment, I thought it was some secret code name for something important :LOL: 6/10

Sober

I have a love/hate relationship with this song. A few months ago it was one of my favourites but these days I'm leaning more towards hate. I don't particularly like Matt's vocals on this track and the 'your so solid' bits annoy me a bit. It does have some redeeming factors though.

I'd give it about 5/10

I love Sober, it's my second favorite song from Showbiz.

The first time I heard it I felt reminded of my other favorite band Wir sind Helden, but I didn't know which song. My subconscious made the connection to Wir sind Helden and I couldn't tell what it recognized. But if it says so, there must be some kind of connection. I remember listening to every Helden album and getting frustrated because I just couldn't find the song. Then I tried non album songs and found it is

So, um, yeah, Sober had a good start. Also, om nom nom, the bass. After 2 verses and 2 choruses comes that part that sounds like energy flowing into you and then the music pushes you upwards, upwards and then that kinda dissolves and lets you fall all the way back down, weee. I love it.

Once I had a favorite part somewhere in a verse (think it was the 2nd), but now I can't find it. :(

Archived