Progressive Song Discussion Thread

Aussie Muser

Album Version:

I love the mix of piano and guitar although the guitar at guitar at the beginning annoys me but after that I get really into the song and love the chorus, it's just so powerful. Then the guitar returns I like it but it's just annoying. The piano in the verse fits very nicely and the guitar combined with it isn't quite as annoying. I love how the song slows down to ease into the breakdown where Matt's piano skills really shine through. The ending feels very queasy and is the perfect end to the song.

9/10

Piano version:

I love the piano that replaces the annoying guitar and the hypnotic melody during the verse. The powerful chorus is backed up by the piano and really shows the emotion of the song. The piano in the breakdown is as beautiful as before but the outro feels like it is missing something and doesn't quite make your hair stand on end like the album version.

9/10 would be 10 but the ending disappoints me.

Nooo dont move on yet :p

Cave is a great song and it was awesome to know that they played it yesterday, i know that isnt such a rarity becuse they have already played it this year (am i right?) but its a great song!! And its good to know they are making some changes in the setlists!

I think "Come in my caaaaaaaaaave" is just... all the emotion in Matts voice!! "and i'll burn your heart away"!! Give me a bit of chills!

And the beginning its so unique! I really like this song! So plenty of love from me as you can see;)

8-8.5/10

(did i miss falling down discussion?)

You did, I stayed on Falling Down for five days and it had slowed right down so we moved on to Cave a little early. What's your opinion of Falling Down though?

Awww... I missed Sunburn, MM, and Falling Down discussion :( I love all those songs! (On the plus side, we get to discuss my favorite Showbiz song next ;) )

8/10 just for that outro.

:yesey: Best part of the song by far! The rest of it's not bad or anything, but there's no real "wow"-factor there, for me. But the piano and the outro as a whole are amazing :D

Oups I missed so many tracks...

So let's see :

Fillip : Again and again, i love this track, simple but so well played and i love the build up at the end (like everyone lol), that strange voice gives me chills every times and yeah i know what you mean with this piano part. It's something hidden in the song but since the first time I pay attention to it, i've fallen in love with this piano part.

8.5/10

Falling Down : Awsome song. Romeo sang this song to Juliette, isn't it? I love it and much prefer the piano part than the guitar part, it's so amazing. And i like when he screams and whispers like this!

9/10

Cave : O_o no words. i'm mute when i'm hearing this song. Not exactly mute because each time i'm singing the "Come in my caaaaave" part :LOL: What a riff ! What a solo ! Live i prefer the guitar one but the piano version is so fresh and i'm so glad to listen it again. But my dream is to hear it like the studio version (matt still on the guitar and morgan play piano, it could be awsome)

10/10

I missed Muscle Museum ;~; For a while that was my favorite song on Showbiz for a while. I reall don't care about it's stupid name, it's still a very good song. 9.5/10

Fillip is okay, I've grown to like it. It's pretty underrated. :/ 8/10

Falling Down isn't too good. It's not boring, but it's slow and 'calm', until the one part at the end where Matt sings. 'IT WASN'T YOU. NOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOWDJWARFWERFEFSOIEGJOS'. I can still listen through it though. 7/10

Cave is my second favorite song on the album. It's an excellent piano/guitar song, and keep with the ghostly or creepy feel that's throughout Showbiz. The instrumental at the end is the best part before it merges into Showbiz. 9.5/10

I'm gonna catch up here quickly, if you don't mind....

Sunburn: I'd say this is a slightly above average song on Showbiz. It's odd... some days I really like it, some days I think it's not that great. Very good for being on their first album, though. I'd give it a 7/10.

Muscle Museum: I think this is one of the best ones on the album. It's simple, but very effective. Though I have been overplaying it a little lately, so I've been getting tired of it. 8/10

Fillip: I loved this song the first time I heard it. But every time I listen to it after that, it seems slightly more mediocre. It's still definitely not a bad song, though, I still enjoy it, but it gets dull after a while. 7/10.

Falling Down: This is my second favorite on Showbiz. I love all the emotion, especially at the end, and I think it's Matt's best vocal performance on the album. The lyrics are great as well. 9/10.

Cave: I honestly don't see what's so great about this song. The chorus just annoys me for some reason that I can't put my finger on. Anyway, I don't exactly hate it, but it's one of my least favorite on Showbiz please don't kill me. I'll give it 5.5/10.

Cave : O_o no words. i'm mute when i'm hearing this song. Not exactly mute because each time i'm singing the "Come in my caaaaave" part :LOL: What a riff ! What a solo ! Live i prefer the guitar one but the piano version is so fresh and i'm so glad to listen it again. But my dream is to hear it like the studio version (matt still on the guitar and morgan play piano, it could be awsome)

10/10

That would be awesome too. I agree. Just have Morgan play the piano during the verses (that rythmic part during the verses not the way Matt does live) and the bridge as well.

That would be the best but I unfortunately can never see it happening.

Picked up a bit so we'll have one more day of Cave and then tomorrow onto Showbiz!!!

Cave 7/10

Cave is a pretty decent early song that showcases Matt Bellamy's soaring voice (see chorus) and the trio's talent and early raw style. While I don't love it like I did, it is a highlight of Showbiz, and is the fifth or sixth best song on the album from my viewpoint. Its choruses with their sustained notes of "Come in my caaave" sounds quite powerful, and it's piano interlude and epic climax are a fitting end to the song. The recently arranged 'Jazz Cave' is refreshingly different and also sounds great.

Showbiz 9/10

Showbiz is one of Muse's best songs, with some of Matt's best vocals. :happy: It builds up slowly with pounding drums and Matt Bellamy's voice in an intense low tone, to a (for want of a better word) great solo, before Matt's sublime falsetto kicks in. Easily some of the best falsetto he's done. I always have to go back and listen to it more before I finish the song. Finally, it ends with a loud scream. The way it starts off intense, and keeps building and building the intensity level until the climax, is fantastic. The lyrics are also quite interesting. An all round, great song, beaten only by Sunburn and Muscle Museum to be the best song on Showbiz.

Heh, I sound like I'm trying to be on a reviewing site (and failing). :p

Cave 7/10

Cave is a pretty decent early song that showcases Matt Bellamy's soaring voice (see chorus) and the trio's talent and early raw style. While I don't love it like I did, it is a highlight of Showbiz, and is the fifth or sixth best song on the album from my viewpoint. Its choruses with their sustained notes of "Come in my caaave" sounds quite powerful, and it's piano interlude and epic climax are a fitting end to the song. The recently arranged 'Jazz Cave' is refreshingly different and also sounds great.

Showbiz 9/10

Showbiz is one of Muse's best songs, with some of Matt's best vocals. :happy: It builds up slowly with pounding drums and Matt Bellamy's voice in an intense low tone, to a (for want of a better word) great solo, before Matt's sublime falsetto kicks in. Easily some of the best falsetto he's done. I always have to go back and listen to it more before I finish the song. Finally, it ends with a loud scream. The way it starts off intense, and keeps building and building the intensity level until the climax, is fantastic. The lyrics are also quite interesting. An all round, great song, beaten only by Sunburn and Muscle Museum to be the best song on Showbiz.

Heh, I sound like I'm trying to be on a reviewing site (and failing). :p

thanks Riveon. I didn't have time to move it along. My Showbiz review will be up tomorrow sometime. Until then, go nuts guys!!

Oh, Showbiz, it's one of my all-time favourite songs! I just love the dark atmosphere of the song and Matt's vocals, how it all builds up until the screams. I also like the lyrics, it's the same lines again and again but it works so well, it's not the average "4 lines, then the chorus" thing, it's as if he wanted to make sure you got his point. It's just a perfect song, I almost get all emotional just writing/thinking about it.:LOL:

Showbiz:

I remember when I first got into muse loving BH&R and the before The Resistance I got really into ABSO and Showbiz and this was one of the songs that stood out as being a hidden gem on showbiz.

Now for the song. I loved the buildup the bass line provides and then Matts vocals eiraly come in with snippets of guitar. I'm lined up to be knocked down as soon as the Arpeggios come in and then BOOM! in comes the riff :) this one of my favourite muse riffs nowhere near theirbest but i love it. :) The chorus is very powerful and sends shivers down your spine. The solo is extremely basic(possibly one of the easiest parts to play in the song) but makes hairs stand on end and the falsetto at the end brings me to the edge of a seat as if about to reach a destination :)

I love this song best song off Showbiz, One of the best songs they've ever done. :)

10/10

I concur with everything people have said about Showbiz - what a great song! :happy: This slow start with pounding drums is amazing and I love lyrics in this song, although they don't seem very special but I think these lyrics works really well. I would love to hear it live someday. 10/10

Showbiz: This song is in-freakin-credible. It will forever be in my top 10 favorite Muse songs. It's one of the only Muse songs that I literally never get tired of hearing (and it's my favorite to blast in the car!). The build-up on this one is just amazing. I love the drum/bass rhythm at the beginning (*points to sig*). It makes the song so intense as it just grows and grows. I know the guitar is very basic in this song, but there's something about that little 11-note streak that's very kick-ass sounding :LOL: And the scream at the end is just EPIC.

11/10 :D

Showbiz - LOVE! IT!

Terrific song from start from to finish and I don't care what anyone says about it being repetitive. For me, it is 300 seconds of pure Muse genius. The song has terrific rhythm, is great live and just takes Muse to another level.

I could go on and on about this song for ages but I really can't say anything that hasn't already been said. Oh and we can't forget the vocal solo (for want of better term) at the end of the song which is just AMAZING.

There are five Muse songs which are not only perfect, they just go that extra bit, do more for the listener than merely please them and make them happy. These are my five favourite Muse songs and are on constant rotation with each other as to my favourite Muse song of all. This is for mine the best song off Showbiz and the equal best song they have released.

Live, there are some truly incredible performances of this song. I would kill to seee it live but sadly, it looks like it will never be in setlists again. People will bitch about this song saying "It's repetitive" or "It just leads up to that one note at the end" or "It's boring"

I honestly don't waqnt to give these people the time of day.

Could personally listen to this song over and over and over multiple times and never get sick of it. From the drum beat opening to the final crescendo and that unbelievable note (which I can also hit btw :happy:) this is without a doubt one of the greatest Muse songs out there.

11/10

Showbiz

Showbiz, for me, starts off very well with a pounding bassline and beautiful vocals, but it never really goes anywhere from there - the main tune never develops into what could have been so much more. Whenever I listen to Showbiz, I always feel that if modern Muse re-recorded it, it would be their best song, but in its current state, it doesn't do itself justice. And one scream at the end cannot justify a song.

7/10

Archived