Pop music???

Stichenmyer

why do all these ppl have problems with that type of music?

i mean whenever i'm on itunes and i'm reading reviews

i always see ones that say stuff like " eww i'm sick of all this bubblegum pop, why do ppl listen to this crap".

my question is why does music always have to be deep,

and edgy, and have a meaning.

can't it just be fun to listen to?

cuz to me all these ppl just sound like a bunch of music snobs.

what do you think?

my question is why does music always have to be deep,

and edgy, and have a meaning.

Erm, are you a Muse fan?

I mean, no - it doesn't always have to be with a deep meaning and I don't know anyone who'd resist listening to pop music time by time.

But.. this is a Muse fans board and Muse fans love Muse along with their meaningfull lyrics.

So yeah, wrong place..

But even though all Muse songs are a bit bonkers and can be interpreted as deep and edgy, they're never completely serious, either, like Muse wouldn't be offended if you didn't grasp their "hidden meanings" or whatever. In fact, it seems they would be more creeped out. :LOL:

to me i personally think music is an art, and there the construction of the instrumental aspect and the lyrics. so i think that it should have a purpose besides just trying to make a hit song that has no significant meaning whatsoever.

in my opinion i cant stand people like kesha and all those types because they just seem to want to get popular, make money and have their 5 minnutes of fame.

but this is all my personal opinion.

to me i personally think music is an art, and there the construction of the instrumental aspect and the lyrics. so i think that it should have a purpose besides just trying to make a hit song that has no significant meaning whatsoever.

in my opinion i cant stand people like kesha and all those types because they just seem to want to get popular, make money and have their 5 minnutes of fame.

but this is all my personal opinion.

What this person said. Plus the people who said this thread is in the wrong place.

:facepalm:

i dont think as pop music as a wrong genre... i think some people inside that genre is actually wrong, as someone here said,

you're only purpose in life cant be to make a song that will give 5 minutes of fame and money cause is too stupid.

without having anything to say in a song, i think that person should keep his/her mouth shout you know?

i've heard good pop songs, once in a while, with good lyrics, but please dont tell me that someone like kesha is something that worth's to listen...

In fact, it seems they would be more creeped out. :LOL:

I can actually imagine Muse rolling on the floor laughing if they found out some of the random personal drama I've associated with their songs.:LOL:

Off-topicy or not, to answer the initial question, no I don't think music has to be edgy or meaningful, although I prefer it that way. But I can also enjoy just something with a good beat or simple, slick lyrics though, if I'm in the right mood.

Well, a person just has to appreciate songs as a whole, and not just dislike it because of a particular lyric or a certain beat. But still, most mainstream is dull and doesn't stimulate my brain.

Muse's music is awesome because it was constructed like a masterpiece, a piece of art with trademark characteristics. On the contrary, though, most pop/top 40 music these days are just bits and pieces strung together, bedazzled with cheap effects without that touch of "personality/trademark" that we want. Basically, it's kinda "soulless" depending on who's listening. Some of my pet peeves with this music are songs with catchy hooks/chorus and beats, but rest of song is forgettable. Or, a song that tries to be meaningful, but fails because it's oversimplistic/cliche. I guess some could argue that Muse has used the above sorts of 'tactics' before, but the outcome differs depending on how they executed it.(Essentially, mainstream sounds lifeless and robotic, at least to me.) It all depends on the artist adding a personal touch/aspect/characteristic to the song that makes it somehow unique enough that you want to listen to it.

This is just what I feel.

Archived