Great article, it was really interesting, and quite sad too, to read about the more negative and personal aspects of their lives. Chris and Dom's parts made me especially upset, poor guys :( And the bit about Matt's uncle was sad as well.

But apart from that, for whatever reason I did kinda lose a bit of respect for Matt too. Idk, hope he's just going through a phase.

i think only people from socal will get this ref :LOL:

*sigh*

dom talking glasto...well just wanna give him a hug :$

I was worried about that. :LOL:

West Hollywood has it's own wiki page too!

I know. Poor Dommeh. I always want to give them hugs.

The furthest west I've been in 11 years is... uh... Philadelphia? :LOL::facepalm:

/relevant

Everyone has to visit socal at least once in their life.

Great article, it was really interesting, and quite sad too, to read about the more negative and personal aspects of their lives. Chris and Dom's parts made me especially upset, poor guys :( And the bit about Matt's uncle was sad as well.

But apart from that, for whatever reason I did kinda lose a bit of respect for Matt too. Idk, hope he's just going through a phase.

tbh, he's been bothering me for months, this article is just another layer... I'm hoping whatever this phase is it's short. Even though... tbh, Matt often reminds me of an extreme version of myself. :shifty:

And yeah, I want to travel everywhere eventually, see everything.

edit: and.... I've basically come to the conclusion that Matt's being a twat because he's letting the fame getting to his head. Someone throw a dart at him.

How so?

In more recent interviews he's seemed very pompous, righteous and self-absorbed. It could be the way past articles were written, as in this one. While Dom and Chris are being personally serious, Matt is being the kidster he always is. It's just the way he says it that comes across as negative. I'm not going to write him off, I don't know him, but he sure is starting to like all of this fame I think.

How so?

idk, mostly the part about Chris's own struggles, and he's feeling all left out and stuff, and Matt just goes and parties anyway. Though that seems like a thing involving everyone, not just Chris, but idk. Not just that, though, just little things I don't feel like talking about that's just annoying me in general over the past few months. I mean, I practically worship the guy, so I'm probably just taking it more personally than I should, and making a big deal over nothing. It's late and my brain filter stops working at this hour. idk.

There are so many lulz in this article.

Priceless.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

IT'S ABOUT FUCKING TIME!

I liked that bit too :chuckle:

I'm going to be honest. I teared up on this part. Brought back lot of sad memories to me. I hope that 2004 tragedy will not be repeated. It is so brave of them to come back in that place again.

I will be thinking of Dom and his family before, during and after Glastonbury next week.

I thought of that the other day when I realized glastonbury was coming up, I'm sure it'll be an emotional night for him... :(

for matt...:shifty:

:p

:LOL: I posted that clip with the same message in lalalala's boat right after NSC came out!

I'm going to be honest. I teared up on this part. Brought back lot of sad memories to me. I hope that 2004 tragedy will not be repeated. It is so brave of them to come back in that place again.

I will be thinking of Dom and his family before, during and after Glastonbury next week.

It's pretty brave for them to do that after what happened. Once again, another bit of respect but for Dom this time.

No respect for Mr. Dick Hudson over here :indiff:

What a nice read to start my day!

I agree with everyone, this interview gives you a wide range of emotions, just like Muse do to me.

I think some of the "lose respect for Matt" is a bit related with NSC and their lame setlist recently. Idk really, but I kinda blame Matt for the recent beefs about Muse.

idk, mostly the part about Chris's own struggles, and he's feeling all left out and stuff, and Matt just goes and parties anyway. Though that seems like a thing involving everyone, not just Chris, but idk. Not just that, though, just little things I don't feel like talking about that's just annoying me in general over the past few months. I mean, I practically worship the guy, so I'm probably just taking it more personally than I should, and making a big deal over nothing. It's late and my brain filter stops working at this hour. idk.

Well, we always see Matt and Dom and Tom drinking together so we can't blame just Matt for that.

I know I'm sounding like Matt's lawyer, and I know he isn't the same he was in 2004, but I think he had a hard time in the last year (everybody knows why) and none of you seem like thinking about that :(

9/10, top article. The sad thing is, the only thing a few fans will take away from this is the bloody Kate Hudson bit :rolleyes::LOL:.

No, rock stars are supposed to date models and actresses - Matt's just doing his job. What alarmed me most of all was Chris describing the difficulty of battling addiction while the others are partying around him.

Other posts above have mentioned this - Tofu, for one. That he has to physically remove himself - that made me sad. I'm sure I've heard stories of other bands abstaining for the sake of one member.

I hope the Matt, Dom and the crew are supportive in other ways.

Well, we always see Matt and Dom and Tom drinking together so we can't blame just Matt for that.

I know I'm sounding like Matt's lawyer, and I know he isn't the same he was in 2004, but I think he had a hard time in the last year (everybody knows why) and none of you seem like thinking about that :(

i agree~ and the dating issue of hudson after broken up with a long term girlfriend cause him being a dick??? ;)

I was going to say something similar.... I think elements of his behavior (being flippant etc.) could be a defense mechanism, his way of dealing with (or, more like, not dealing with) his issues.

Archived