gnOmegaRed

Which version do you prefer?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• Hyper Music
    • Hyper Chondriac Music
    • Both
    • Neither

I find it amusing people are analysing random phrases Matt through together in a way that sounds cool

Are you sure that you are'nt mixing this up with New Born? ^^ Where have you heard that the lyrics is just random phrases?

They make about as much sense as New Born or Plug in Baby's lyrics
You can't be serious? The lyrics of Hyper Music has a pretty obvious meaning, and you can also find a meaning that is about religion, and it still makes sense. New Born IS just random phrases, and there is a big difference.

New Born isn't random phrases; I think you can derive meaning from all of their songs, even if some do sound like Matt's talking crap :LOL:. But yeah HCM/ HM lyrics are pretty straightforward :erm:.

Anyways, this thread always angers me 'cos 'both' is the winning option in the polls... I don't see how when they're so effing different haha! Surely people must have a favourite. Anyways HCM ftw! :happy:

You're using Matt as your source of facts? :LOL:. Fair enough, but what I'm saying is, even if it wasn't intended to have meaning, plenty of people still that take ideas and interpretations from the lyrics. Besides, we all know Matt rarely speaks the truth half the time :p.

Still, "New Born isn't random phrases" was the thing I quoted, because even if you can interpretate the lyrics, the phrases are still just random words that sounds good.

Still, "New Born isn't random phrases" was the thing I quoted, because even if you can interpretate the lyrics, the phrases are still just random words that sounds good.

... okay, it looks like we're not going to agree on this. I see what you're saying, but I can't honestly think that Matt just shoved a bunch of words together to form the lyrics to the song. Even if he said so, I'd hardly take his word for it.

This is what he said about the meaning behind Plug In Baby yeeears ago:

It's- It's all random, it just comes out- I mean, it's random, I've got no idea what I'm singing about at all, sorry. It's just like- It's just kind of like, write a few chords and that, and then just... improvise a few words, and just hope it means something. It does mean something! Trust me. But I can't work it out myself. 'Cause I'm subjective, you see. So I can't actually quite work it out, that's for you lot to work out. (laughs)

He's gone on to say it means a gazillion other things since then :LOL:. I'd just find it out of character for him to make up some words 'cos 'they sound good' in order to have something to sing with the tune. Granted he was probably on shrooms for a lot of song-writing in those days, but I think he meant something, even subconsciously, and didn't just string some cool-sounding words together. Ironically, I seem to be agreeing with the statement from him that I quoted to demonstrate he talks shit :LOL:.

... okay, it looks like we're not going to agree on this. I see what you're saying, but I can't honestly think that Matt just shoved a bunch of words together to form the lyrics to the song. Even if he said so, I'd hardly take his word for it.

This is what he said about the meaning behind Plug In Baby yeeears ago:

He's gone on to say it means a gazillion other things since then :LOL:. I'd just find it out of character for him to make up some words 'cos 'they sound good' in order to have something to sing with the tune. Granted he was probably on shrooms for a lot of song-writing in those days, but I think he meant something, even subconsciously, and didn't just string some cool-sounding words together. Ironically, I seem to be agreeing with the statement from him that I quoted to demonstrate he talks shit :LOL:.

I would say that it's pretty usual for artists to write lyrics that sounds good, and then look at it, and them find out a meaning for them afterwards. I'm not really saying that the lyrics doesn't have any meaning, just that they ARE random phrases, that of course, like everything else, could be interpretated in a million ways.

I had just written a lot of other stuff here, but realized that I just talked nonsense that led nowhere.

• 2 years later...

Archived