Which version do you prefer?  

294 members have voted

1. 1. Which version do you prefer?

• Hyper Music
    • Hyper Chondriac Music
    • Both
    • Neither

• 2 weeks later...

Oh ffs people.. both?! They're completely different bar the lyrics so how can people not have a preference?! HCM has so much more emotion, atmosphere and..power (for lack of a better word)! It gives the lyrics more depth with the undercurrent of hopelessness instead of the anger of HM. It's by far the undisputed champion. I can't believe it's even being questioned..c'mon guys, vote HCM! :happy:

As said before, I think it really does depend on the mood. When I'm feeling angry in a...happy/motivated way (I know that sounds crazy, but it's basically when I'm really really pissed off but I'm still moving, I'm not defeated yet, something like that >_>) I love listening to Hyper Music.

But when I'm in a mood to really wallow in some epic emotion and devastating feelings, I put Hyper Chondriac Music on. :) It did cure me of a massive headache once, which was pretty shocking and awesome :LOL:

Overall though, I think that Hyper Chondriac Music may be their most perfect song ever--it's the only song that's almost made me cry for no reason at all, the beginning melds perfectly into the slow intensification of vocals and instrumentals and the 'climax' is like a catastrophe, but it manages to maintain the sorrowful/grieving vibe while at the same time and then it all settles down to a place where nothing's been resolved, and the bitterness is still there, just at rest.

Erm. ^sorry for that run-on sentence /fails/ :unsure: I just really really love it aack. :facepalm:

Overall though, I think that Hyper Chondriac Music may be their most perfect song ever--it's the only song that's almost made me cry for no reason at all, the beginning melds perfectly into the slow intensification of vocals and instrumentals and the 'climax' is like a catastrophe, but it manages to maintain the sorrowful/grieving vibe while at the same time and then it all settles down to a place where nothing's been resolved, and the bitterness is still there, just at rest.

I <3 you for saying that! :happy: I think you're the only person to ever fully, perfectly describe the stages of this song an how it all comes together with the layered meanings and emotions it provokes.. I've never been able to articulate it properly, but you did just there. Thank you, you're a genius! lol :kiss:

Hyper Music. It's always been one of my favourites. Not just because the name being one of my nicknames (Hyper Helen) so even before I had actually heard I liked it. And it's just great to get all your anger/frustration from the day by listening to it. Plus I went just a little bit mental when I heard 30 secs of it when they played it at V. *fizzles*

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
Why in Hyper Music does it sound like Matt sings "your golden lies feed my role", but the lyrics are actually "your golden skies feed my role"?

because the line is "your golden lies feed my role".

It's different in Hyper Music to HCM.

The amazing thing about HCM is that quality-wise it's as good as any album song and Muse relegated it to a B-side. HCM is the kind of song just about any other rock band would KILL for.

That opening humming thing he does is just transcendentally good.

+1982189737453605182796018!

What he said

And YET the votes say HCM and 'both' are equal :rolleyes:. Just like on ML the votes are ridiculously close! HCM is one of Muse's best ever songs (The best, imo)!! How is this even debatable?!! And yeah, my opinion>your opinion, so ner :p

• 3 months later...

both 2 of my favorite Muse songs ever.....like many have already stated sometimes it just comes down to mood. But I do think it's amazing how Muse was able to take Hyper Music, a really angry/bitter song and turn it into HCM, with essentially the same lyrics just more of a sorrowful/mournful song. Both are packed to the brim with emotion.

Archived