Introducing Muse to your parents

Museic07

the other day when i got back from V i was just talking about how fun the whole festival was and my mum said that she'd like to go along and i told her that if i won tickets to reading and leeds then she could come along with me... and then i said, jokingly, that she should come to a muse concert and she said - 'actually, i quite like muse' i was like :ohmy: it was awesome... i think she likes the more classical themed pieces like space dementia and b&h rather than stockholm syndrome or something like that! :D my dad admitted that he liked mika the other day... shocking. Personally i prefer my mother's taste in music!

my mum came into my room one day when i was playing Unintended and she loved it :D so i made her a mix cd full of Starlight, Falling Down, Invincible, Bliss, hoodoo, blackout etc, more up her alley and she LOVES it :happy:

my mum in her sixties loves muse :D

Debs mum, made of epic Museness :happy:

Mum and Dad just give it an ignorant shrug. I just don't pay attention really. One brother isn't bothered while another is bothered by their themes. Both my parents like Queen (I like them among others) but the older of my two younger brothers likes stuff by Linkin Park. I regulary get into musical arguments with a few Linkin Park fans at school as most of them don't like Muse.

One thing I used to love was playing 'Supermassive Black Hole' during Big Brother... though I ditched that. I do get in trouble with her though for playing Franz songs on a drum machine through it.

Everytime i mention muse to my dad i get a lecture on how they are a modern version of led zep./the beatles etc. so i avoid that :p When i mention it to my mum its 'you just like that bellamy boy' :rolleyes: and when i mention muse to my brother its usually 'they're rubbish and you know it' so muse is not exactly a hot topic within my family :p

That just made me laugh so much and I have no idea why! Maybe because its sooo relevant to me and I could imagine my folks saying that! Well, maybe not my dad because he doesn't actually know I rather fancy "the Bellamy boy" :LOL:

But yeah, my dad really likes them now, after I introduced them to him and my auntie likes Starlight and Supermassive Black Hole... I've found a lot of mums like Starlight, maybe because it's not as heavy as their other stuff... :erm:

I introduced my younger sisters to Muse...my youngest likes Starlight but that's about it cus she's not quite ready for the heavier stuff and my middle sister love Muse, but not their older stuff... *sigh* I'm workin on the family...

My mom doesn't listen to much music. The only CD she owns is one of Celine Dion's albums. lol my Music = Life genes come from my dad, though he's mostly a Beatles guy. Haven't tried making him listen to Muse, but I'm going to have to start since Muse is bound to come back to the States in about a year or so...and I don't plan on missing them this time xP

I think my dad would recognise Muse, seeing as though I play it the most. When SMBH was leaked, I played it constantly, I think it's permanently stuck in my dad's memory now. :D My mum doesn't know anything about music so she wouldn't have a clue. I even have the feeling she thinks it's spelt "Mews". Ah well, that's mothers for you. At least she knows they're my favourite band!

my parents dont really like them. whenever i watch hullabaloo or haarp she just refers to it as 'noise' :indiff: and dad only ever likes them on a friday or saturday night when hes had a bit to drink :stunned: he just keeps repeating that matts a good guitar player and that they're old over and over and over again :stunned:

Successfully converted my mum :D She came to V with me and thinks they are amazing, and that their light show is "just out of this world!". She has glasses, and because it was raining a bit she got bored of finding an mud-free bit of clothing to wipe them on, she just left them. She said it was like a hallucination (because of all the out-of-focus lights), but without the drugs and she really enjoyed it

My Mum likes Muse.

She's a huge Queen fan so seeing a band so influenced by them (and classical music) impresses her. She loves Bellamy's voice too.

My Dad is into Foo Fighters more at the moment but as a prog-rock fan of Genesis and Pink Floyd, he has hinted in the past that he also "really likes them".

My Mum likes Muse.

She's a huge Queen fan so seeing a band so influenced by them (and classical music) impresses her. She loves Bellamy's voice too.

My Dad is into Foo Fighters more at the moment but as a prog-rock fan of Genesis and Pink Floyd, he has hinted in the past that he also "really likes them".

I'm also a big fan of Queen, Genesis and Pink Floyd (note my age!) so I guess this was why I was drawn to Muse in 2002 and eight gigs later my enthusiasm for them is as huge as ever! :yesey:

Muse are NOT just for those under the age of 25!

My parents are into Led Zep, Jimi, Janis, Pink Floyd, CCR, Ten Years After and so on but I think Muse is starting to grow on them :eek: They now recognize when Muse is playing and mum thinks Chris really handsome :LOL:

The both loved Man With Harmonica + Knights of Cydonia from Marlay :happy:

I recently gave my mom a Muse lesson. She now knows their names and is well impressed that Matt lives near Bellini's house. She definitely wouldn't come to a gig though. She's the picky opera type.

My Dad drove me to Florence from Rome to see them and thought Juliette and the Licks were better. He also went on to claim that Muse sounded like baroque music.:stunned:

My mom always knew i liked them but when i started the HAARP showing thing in la she was like "why are they so special":eek: i replied because they satisfy my muse-ical needs!

My dad thinks hes hip and up to the times so he says he likes them but his favorite song is starlight:stunned:

I played Absolution to my parents while cooking with the family one day. My family seemed to like it, or at least tolerate it. I know they were paying attention because at dinner I played BHaR. When SMBH came on, they were all, "Is this the same band?" :p to which I responded, "Yes, it's Muse, but with some Prince and Kanye West in there as well", which made my mother and sister perk up with each name drop, respectively. I also had my dad watch some of the HAARP, and seeing as how he's a big Who junkie, he appreciated their live show and stage presence quite a bit.

My mum went with me to wembley and was converted. It does have its benefits, like getting to play muse in the car. :happy:

Ha ha! That's exactly how I converted my two best friends (both in their 30s)!

We all work in the community so often car share. Every time one of them was in my car they were bombarded with Muse tracks from every album!

They've now seen them three times each (one came to one of the Wembley Arena gigs with me, both came to Wembley Stadium, one to RAH and both to V) :yesey:

My mum accepted muse first time she heard it,

my dad on the other hand hated it, he said "Gosh, i like ur usual taste but what is this?!"

i said its muse.

you see my dad is really shallow when it comes to music so i told him that my guitar teacher like them.

my dad didnt believe me so after my lesson he asked my guitar teacher (annyerin) and he said yer i love them..then my dad said, oh yeah i mean there pretty good.........ROFLROFLROFLROFL.

My mum came with me to V2004 and loved it, didnt think she would at all.

Then when i asked her if she wanted to go to Earls Court i couldnt stop her lol.

I'd love for her to go again, she wanted to go to Wembley but she was working and couldnt get the time off, so i brought her H.A.A.R.P and she loves playing it in the car which is good for me lol

Archived