Guest jessychickin
You on crack? I've seen them discussing sites on where to download it mate. >>

Yet another reason for me not to go near that site! :stunned:

Guest jessychickin
4Chan can be alright, just stay away from /b/.

Thanks for letting me know xD

I think I'll just stick to non-dodgy sites!

Yeah I read it on the BBC News website, trufax

I dont go there much but they did do the amazing detective work that they do (e.g.: that girl who threw the puppies in the river, they found her address based off one low quality video) to expose this guy (NSFW) so they must frown upon it to atleast a certain extent (I know encyclopedia dramatica isnt a great source but its all I could find :LOL:)

I dont go there much but they did do the amazing detective work that they do (e.g.: that girl who threw the puppies in the river, they found her address based off one low quality video) to expose this guy so they must frown upon it to atleast a certain extent (I know encyclopedia dramatica isnt a great source but its all I could find :LOL:)

what the..? :eek:

LOL I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH ALL THIS 4CHAN AND /B/ BUSINESS. I'VE HEARD OF THEM, BUT I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE OR WHY THEY'RE BEING DISCUSSED IN THE MUSE LOLZ THREAD. LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC, SHALL WE?

Sorry. :$

Caps lock much? :LOL: I agree.

LOL I HAVE NO IDEA WHAT ANYONE IS TALKING ABOUT WITH ALL THIS 4CHAN AND /B/ BUSINESS. I'VE HEARD OF THEM, BUT I REALLY HAVE NO IDEA WHAT THEY ARE OR WHY THEY'RE BEING DISCUSSED IN THE MUSE LOLZ THREAD. LET'S GET BACK ON TOPIC, SHALL WE?

Sorry. :$

They're just a bunch of Banter soreheads who followed me back to lolz after I had the nerve to correctly point out the irrelevance of one of their stupid "joke" threads -- a thread that Gem shut down because it belonged in the Radiohead thread in the "Other Bands" forum, instead of Other Muse Topics. Not only did they shower me with abuse in the Thom Yorke B-Day thread, they tried to retaliate further by stirring up controversy in this thread. [Granted, they latched onto a soft target that was apparently in very poor taste, but that's another issue.] By my reckoning, the jokers from the Yorke thread are guilty of hostility + harrassment + cyberbullying, but you can bet that not one of them got infracted over any of that -- and that the only one likely to get slammed by the mods will be me, for labelling the culprits engaging in this mob behavior as Banterers, for insisting that their incivility is out of place in MM -- and just as seriously (to the mods), for criticizing them for this situation's playing itself out over and over (and over) under their aegis...

Banter incivility belongs in the Banter ghetto, but some people seem incapable of grasping that, mods included. We "MainMusers" try to generally uphold a higher standard of discourse and leave the Banter snarkers alone. (Do you see MainMusers peppering the Banter forum with troll threads? Or mobbing Banterers they have run-ins with, even chasing them from forum to forum? Exactly. But this is what Banterers engage in in MM and against me personally, again and again, with impunity.) Too bad the Banterers aren't content to leave us alone. And it's too bad the mods don't have our backs instead of the bullies' -- but they're having too much fun with their pals in the Banter forum!

Anyway, back to lolzing: anyone catch this story, on the Gap logo-redesign fiasco? It got me wondering...

chEvX.jpg

VnEJZ.jpg

fmdKd.jpg

NsgrV.jpg

bYDvj.jpg

blahblahblah

pisspisspiss

fuckfuckfuck

notfunny

Dude, you srsly need to calm down :erm: we were just having a laugh, because every time "Banterers" try and put input on the MainMuse threads, we're always attacked with "MUSE CAN DO NO WRONG!1111!!!!!!".

I'm a huge fan of Muse, but I understand that they aren't perfect, and sometimes they can be shit because they're freaking human beings. And I don't find it "lolzy" to have Dom and Matt "gay" for each other, Matt being a pedo, and all of the other sick, twisted humor you keep coming up with.

This board is supposed to be about making friends and discussing music, but you lot keep making b33f with the people who disagree with you.

CALMTHEFUCKDOWN!

TSC, you're not a mod. If you have a problem with the modding of the board it's best to take it up with either Kev or Bliss Mee, the board admins. Discussing it out on the board in this manner will not win you any friends.

That thread was a joke, intending to parody the Muse/Radiohead comparisons, I'm sorry you didn't get that joke, but don't forget there's not many people who get your jokes in the lolz thread. I would suggest that if you have a problem with anything, you report it without commenting in public and let the mod team deal with it. And if they do take action it will be done privately, so you probably won't see the results of any action taken. Therefore moaning that people aren't getting infracted won't always be accurate :)

EDIT: And yes, I know I'm not a mod either, I'm just offering some friendly non-threatening, non-bullying words of advice.

Dude, you srsly need to calm down :erm: we were just having a laugh, because every time "Banterers" try and put input on the MainMuse threads, we're always attacked with "MUSE CAN DO NO WRONG!1111!!!!!!".

I'm a huge fan of Muse, but I understand that they aren't perfect, and sometimes they can be shit because they're freaking human beings. And I don't find it "lolzy" to have Dom and Matt "gay" for each other, Matt being a pedo, and all of the other sick, twisted humor you keep coming up with.

This board is supposed to be about making friends and discussing music, but you lot keep making b33f with the people who disagree with you.

CALMTHEFUCKDOWN!

...he says, using all-caps. Maybe you should breathe into a paper bag for a couple of minutes.

I didn't have an issue with your attitudes towards Muse in that Yorke thread; on the contrary; there was no Muse content/relevance in it, so it was out of place. As for criticizing Muse, that's generally something that MainMusers have no difficulty or problem with, either posting or reading. BTW, what do you think this lolz thread is all about? [usually gentle] mockery of our musical heroes, that's what. Getting back to the Yorke thread, I didn't find the joke funny or original, but rest assured I did get the intended joke... as my post made clear. But whether the joke was funny or not, it still belonged in the Radiohead thread, and that was my main (and unassailable) point.

As for the "pedo" reference and "all of the other sick, twisted humor you keep coming up with," is that a reference to us lolzers collectively, or to me personally? Because, you bright bulb, I wasn't the creator of the so-called pedo lolz.

...he says, using all-caps. Maybe you should breathe into a paper bag for a couple of minutes.

I didn't have an issue with your attitudes towards Muse in that Yorke thread; on the contrary; there was no Muse content/relevance in it, so it was out of place. As for criticizing Muse, that's generally something that MainMusers have no difficulty or problem with, either posting or reading. BTW, what do you think this lolz thread is all about? [usually gentle] mockery of our musical heroes, that's what. Getting back to the Yorke thread, I didn't find the joke funny or original, but rest assured I did get the intended joke... as my post made clear. But whether the joke was funny or not, it still belonged in the Radiohead thread, and that was my main (and unassailable) point.

As for the "pedo" reference and "all of the other sick, twisted humor you keep coming up with," is that a reference to us lolzers collectively, or to me personally? Because, you bright bulb, I wasn't the creator of the so-called pedo lolz.

You really need to calm yourself a bit. A joke was had, you obviously didn't find any humor in it, so you freaked the fuck out. And instead of leaving the mods to take care of it, which they eventually did, you became all pissy and took matters into your hands and actually thought people would care enough to hear you whine about a certain thread belonging in the Radiohead section. Here's the thing, no one gives a lying fuck. So, you really need to calm the fuck down and move along already. If you don't appreciate the joke, don't bother posting! Simple!

TSC, you're not a mod. If you have a problem with the modding of the board it's best to take it up with either Kev or Bliss Mee, the board admins. Discussing it out on the board in this manner will not win you any friends.

That thread was a joke, intending to parody the Muse/Radiohead comparisons, I'm sorry you didn't get that joke, but don't forget there's not many people who get your jokes in the lolz thread. I would suggest that if you have a problem with anything, you report it without commenting in public and let the mod team deal with it. And if they do take action it will be done privately, so you probably won't see the results of any action taken. Therefore moaning that people aren't getting infracted won't always be accurate :)

EDIT: And yes, I know I'm not a mod either, I'm just offering some friendly non-threatening, non-bullying words of advice.

I grant that much of what you say is true, or would be, in an ideal world. (I did get the joke, but I just covered that in my previous response-post. And as for people appreciating or not appreciating my lolzes, I think my adversaries tend to exaggerate my rejection rate on that count.)

But the OTT reaction I got in the Yorke thread, the way many of its posters immediately posted in lolz, and some of the reactions to my post at the top of this page make it clear that I'm not simply blowing smoke. Banterers have a way of accusing me of lacking any sense of humor (in addition to piling other abuse on me), yet seem most unwilling to take any criticism of their own actions. And yet, I'm the one who's being overly sensitive about everything? Really? And what about you guys?

Archived