Took a 1,000 pics, recorded CE and post-SS riffs. Driving from New Orleans to Dallas tomorrow, so everything will be uploaded when I get back.

Best night ever.

I have truly seen all I'll ever need.

You were right by me!

Hopefully they'll come back here on their own when they come back to the US. Both times I heard Dom speak he said something about how nice it was to finally come here. :3

Thank you! I really had a blast! Best night ever!

Citizen Erased.

Again.

That is all I need to say for now.

:awesome:

Now back to my appetizer and beer in New Orleans.

Thats so awesome you guys got CE. :awesome: Natalia, I know how bad you wanted that! I hope someday I get to hear it live. I cant wait to see your video!

Now the US tour is over. :(

Damn my youth! Wanted to make it to Voodoo because I had a feeling CE was going to be played and, sure enough...! Parents wouldn't let me go by myself to NOLA :LOL:. Oh well. Glad for those who did get to hear it (finally). Hard to be bitter.

(although I did have my itinerary and hotel all planned out :( )

I took 130 pictures last night at Voodoo. WOW. Here are a few of them. I still can't say enough about how great this band is in concert:D I am really going to miss this obsession while they are taking a break:( What a wonderful ride this has been for me:D I'm going to rock out to OZZY tonight:) Hopefully I will see a better side of New Orleans today while sight seeing...really looking forward to seeing some old tomb stones and architecture:)

DSCF6680.thumb.jpg.06dd8ca2fe456cb81467e23973f9d9c0.jpg

DSCF6690.thumb.jpg.97ac055617a0b471204d10151db2a6ba.jpg

DSCF6695.thumb.jpg.58621888a6c1e7f77c4421910242ab53.jpg

DSCF6697.thumb.jpg.626c535275dcb1a7f8198b2bf123209e.jpg

DSCF6718.thumb.jpg.885424ac0e5de6de0c283511aa6c1325.jpg

DSCF6719.thumb.jpg.b8789bfbe36b5453abc52e18ddb87886.jpg

DSCF6720.thumb.jpg.a882beefcda722b77384ec8cd94b2a48.jpg

DSCF6724.thumb.jpg.314047c236dbeb04abd2f771eb382992.jpg

DSCF6732.thumb.jpg.990a23614687a95777b6b1763e5340d3.jpg

DSCF6737.thumb.jpg.b592279b9db669037e9c7c0c276244d6.jpg

DSCF6745.thumb.jpg.7e853201d4515663053ac90a37e3b6df.jpg

DSCF6750.thumb.jpg.5c5fb7a89206aefe1708ceb8526f45ca.jpg

DSCF6754.thumb.jpg.ab744b3d31f5a0484815030190b2bb19.jpg

DSCF6761.thumb.jpg.0df174a32c408dbc15562b99aa7d3c24.jpg

DSCF6649.thumb.jpg.6472393667dae6b884570ca1cb27a6d9.jpg

DSCF6650.thumb.jpg.c823b97be93ed121cfe26f3deb5cc75c.jpg

DSCF6663.thumb.jpg.026ec3304bdf52bfe66246206314f2c8.jpg

Stockholm Syndrome + Riffage !!!!

I love riffage :) It makes me happy. Too bad no Dead Star though. I think some people might have stormed the stage if they just teased it. Probably best. ;)

Poor Dom. He played his ass off during those riffs, and still had to do KoC. He looked beat.

I took 130 pictures last night at Voodoo. WOW. Here are a few of them. I still can't say enough about how great this band is in concert:D I am really going to miss this obsession while they are taking a break:( What a wonderful ride this has been for me:D I'm going to rock out to OZZY tonight:) Hopefully I will see a better side of New Orleans today while sight seeing...really looking forward to seeing some old tomb stones and architecture:)

Awesome pics. That one of Chris - he was looking right at you. And, did I spy a Kate Hudson on the balcony????

thanks! that was sick! Did you shoot video?

That is my video. Stupid internet here is driving me nuts. I am still uploading videos and I had Time Is Running Out and Citizen Erased loading then my mac froze so now I got to start over grrrrrrrrrrr I don't think I'll get them uploaded all today. I want to get to the park early so right now just uploading Citized erased and that is taking 40 mins

Awesome pics. That one of Chris - he was looking right at you. And, did I spy a Kate Hudson on the balcony????

He looked at me a lot, I was directly in front of him and jumping up and down constantly! I thought that was her also, but I wasn't sure:)

Ok here is my video of Citizen

I hated where I was at I thought I would have a better view of the band but they were further back then I had expected. So my usual side video shots suck haha. Oh well this is like one of the first times I seen muse from the side so not too bad. I'm going to upload the rest of he videos when I get home the internet here is way too slow. Off to day 2 of Voodoo

Citizen - lame crowd but a festival I guess. Saddens me that they didn't play it at arenas for people who would really appreciate it but did to a crowd of lemons for the most part :mad:

lHUgqd74ry8

Great video. But that crowd makes me so sad. :( Surely the band had to know how special it was to a lot the people there, and that's why they did it. CUZ it sure couldn't be from the crowd's reaction. Hopefully the hardcore barrier folks' reaction was worth it to them.

Great video. But that crowd makes me so sad. :( Surely the band had to know how special it was to a lot the people there, and that's why they did it. CUZ it sure couldn't be from the crowd's reaction. Hopefully the hardcore barrier folks' reaction was worth it to them.

I was about 3 rows from the barrier and the group of people around me went pretty nuts.

Reviews:

http://www.offbeat.com/2010/10/30/voodoo-day-1-muse-has-lights-and-weezer-wanders/

It’s tempting to think about Muses’s massive light show as a lot of hamburger helper, particularly after the low-tech Weezer set that preceded it, but it’s not. In England and Europe, they play to 100,000 or more at stadium and festival shows, and in such environments, lighting and lasers on an epic scale aren’t just exciting; they’re necessary. Musically, one friend said it’s what Queen would sound like today if a Queen hadn’t already existed (one interesting, mind-twisting way to think about it); for me, it was the sound of teenage love, heavy on the overwrought angst and drama parts. That explains why the audience under 25 was enraptured while many who were older were a bit non-plussed – real drama caught up to us & made our earlier teenage angst harder to take seriously.

http://www.nola.com/voodoofest/index.ssf/2010/10/trying_to_make_sense_of_muse_a.html

It can be difficult for the uninitiated to find the proper approach for appreciating Muse. Even after witnessing the trio shut down Voodoo Fest's opening night with an hour-and-20-minute spectacle on the main stage, I still can’t conjure the proper context for faux-revolutionary glam-rock.

The knowledge that Muse fills stadiums in its native England while, until recently, remaining relatively unknown state-side – Friday was the apparently the first-ever New Orleans concert in the band’s 15 year history – is disconcerting.

Singer/guitarist Matthew Bellamy and his unflappable rhythm section of bassist Chris Wolstenholme and drummer Dominic Howard, augmented by auxiliary keyboardist Morgan Nicholls, raised a mighty racket. Muse is not an arena rock band in the traditional sense; electronic club beats intruded too frequently. Yet neither are they a techno band; Bellamy bulldozed through enormous, metallic riffs. His guitar heroics included the national anthem (America’s, not England’s), detouring into the signature riffage of AC/DC’s “Back in Black” and teasing epic bouts of feedback.

His tenor and falsetto voices, when sustained, recalled Radiohead’s Thom Yorke. Also like Yorke, Bellamy isn’t much of a talker onstage. But where Radiohead paints abstractions in muted hues, Muse prefers bold strokes in primary colors. With lyrics about an “Uprising,” about surviving and not being taken alive, Bellamy and company come across with all the subtlety of a cavalry charge. They trafficked in anthems, but only a couple stuck in my head.

So it went for Muse at Voodoo, against a dazzling backdrop of lights, video, lasers and smoke. Bellamy eventually ditched his blue window-shade glasses and sparkling silver jacket, but stuck with the musical dramatics. At a grand piano with a clear top, he traversed “Feeling Good,” previously covered by the likes of Nina Simone, Sammy Davis Jr., Bobby Darin and Michael Buble. Muse found swinging heart of the song, even while pumping it up.

Tellingly, this most memorable song of the night was written by someone else. I respect the spectacle, but despite all its precise firepower, Muse ultimately left me cold.

:erm:

Archived