Already planned to go before I knew for sure Muse was going to be here. Now I'm incredibly excited. Going with my uncle, he wants to get VIP tickets (He says they are way worth it) so I guess I'll be getting those. He goes every year but wont be going with who he usually goes with so he needed someone to go with him :U

Even if Muse isn't there (I would be so sad if they were supposed to be and backed out) it'll still be great. Ozzy is pretty much for sure and that'd be cool. And if MGMT is true I really wanna see them.

The tickets don't usually sell out way early do they? It'll be a few weeks before I'll have the money for them (Which sucks because I know the price will go up with the line-up, but I'll still get them).

Naaaah, the super early bird golden pass for Lolla and ACL is $60. Very limited quantities. Hope Festival in Florida is $25 to no more than 35 :LOL:. Am not kidding. It is a 3 day little indie festival but nowhere in the league of major festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo, ACL or Lollapalooza. Ultra Music 2 day festival is $99.

It really depends on the lineup and where you live. For $125, if Ozzy, Soundgarden and Weezer are headlining that's too much for me. Add MGMT and those other bands for kids and EMO/metal/mainstream fans will not do it for me as well. :LOL:

$75 single-day with just Muse alone is all worth it for me (including gas and hotel stay etc).

Coachella is one of the most expensive (if not the most expensive) US festivals in the US.

Yeah, I know about the cheap Lolla/ACL tickets, but they're super hard to get, so they don't count! Most expensive festival would be SXSW which can be like $700 for a badge, but I normally, as an Austinite, got the wristband (which is also hard to get) for like $160 and a lot of my friends volunteer at the film part to get a music badge (they love it).

:)

SxSW $500-$700+ badge is almost like a VIP pass though with guarantee/possibility of seeing hundreds of bands among more than 3000 expected to play all over Austin. It is not just for watching bands playing music. Also, yeah, there you have the $160 something wristband option too (I did not buy any :LOL: - no guarantee though that you can get in for very popular / IT shows).

I took the nothing, watch everything for free option. :LOL: Whew, as some people here already know. I was lucky to get in for Muse at Stubb's.

Well, I've done SXSW twice on the wristband, and as long as you get there early and are like the first in the wristband line, you'll be fine! You can't switch venues really with a wristband though as they'll all be full. But Stubb's, Emo's, Antone's, La Zona Rosa? No problems.

So.... who's in for a hotel room at the Marriott? Let's cram as many people as possible to make it cheap! I'm so broke! :LOL:

I might be. I'll know by beginning of next week. I'll be dragging a friend along with me.

Naaaah, the super early bird golden pass for Lolla and ACL is $60. Very limited quantities. Hope Festival in Florida is $25 to no more than $35 :LOL:. Am not kidding. It is a 3 day little indie festival with > 100 little-known indie bands playing (with maybe 5-10 decent & nationally known bands like Mountain Goats, Against Me, Propaganda etc :)). It is nowhere in the league of major festivals like Coachella, Bonnaroo, ACL or Lollapalooza. Ultra Music 2 day festival is $99.

Harvest of Hope is awesome. At the very latest the 3 days passes end up being $45. It was bigger this year than it was the first year. I love that fest. But i'm pretty excited to actually make it to some bigger ones.

Maybe it's just me, but I'm actually finding non expensive flights into NO that weekend.

So apparently the VIP tickets go up to 500 tomorrow with the lineup. I figured they'd just go up like 25-50 bucks then gradually go up from there. Maybe I should go ahead and pull from savings and get the tickets today.

But anyways, can't wait. The rumors swirling sound like some amazing bands. And Ozzy I really wouldn't mind seeing, even if he sounds bad (I dunno if he does, I just assume :U)

If Muse is playing and a solid undercard I'll be there for sure. If anyone is interested in splitting gas from Houston I can drive and will probably have two spots open. I'm from New Orleans as well so I can show you guys around to some amazing places post show!

BTW, my uncle also mentioned going to the House of Shock while we are there. Is this a good or terrrible idea? :awesome:Because I'm not big on scary stuff
Me too.. I went to a haunted house once but chickened out at the gate :$.

So.... who's in for a hotel room at the Marriott? Let's cram as many people as possible to make it cheap! I'm so broke! :LOL:
I'd be in for that :) I'm still not sure if any friends are coming with me, so I don't wanna be in New Orleans alone :shifty:.

BTW, my uncle also mentioned going to the House of Shock while we are there. Is this a good or terrrible idea? :awesome: Because I'm not big on scary stuff

YES.

I'd definately be up for a Muser House of Shock meetup. As far as Haunted Houses go it's actually pretty good. Drunk guys chasing you with chainsaws FTW!

I remember the first time I went... :LOL:

The guy with the chainsaw at the end scared the shit out of me

PM me if you are interested in sharing hotel rooms at the Marriott. I'd say 4 to a room, and if we have a lot, maybe we can book multiple rooms together? To do that though people would have to pay ahead of time and then I'd be happy to book them and would send all participating members the receipt. :)

Got my money together, buying passes tonight. buying vip because my uncle wants them and apparently thats the only way to get front row.

As for the House of Shock, there was a local thing like it but not quite as large scale that ended with a chainsaw encounter. I don't think I've ever been more scared in my life, because you smell the gas from the chainsaw. I started running and ran straight into a wall. I was not scared at all until that point either :p I don't know if I wanna do that again, specially since the house of shock will probably be even worse than that one. But I dunno, I might end up doing it.

My uncle is getting a hotel room so I'm just gonna be with him, but I'd love to meet some of you guys out there at the actual fest

Archived