I think people are very sterotypical about teens. Some of us like classical music and conspiracy theories, and would gladly listen to 'old' music for days. There is an elitist music genre, which is chart music, that a lot of teens follow. Muse sometimes skim this, because any single that makes radio 1 is popular for a week or so.

And not liking a band because they are commercial and popular is just as bad as hating a band because they are different. Who cares if some people only know Supermassive Black Hole? What matters is that we know how wacky Muse are, and we adore their gigs and creative work.

Thank You :D

And not liking a band because they are commercial and popular is just as bad as hating a band because they are different. Who cares if some people only know Supermassive Black Hole? What matters is that we know how wacky Muse are, and we adore their gigs and creative work.

Preach it, man. You've made me see the light. Hallelujah! ;)

All we were teenagers, I don't understand why so much hatred toward adolescents. When I was a teenager I listened to Guns N 'Roses and Nirvana, maybe there are teenagers that listen to Muse simply because he likes, not for Twilight.

My children (11, 8 and 5 years old) love Muse but they don't know Twilight.

Well, I know a lot of open-minded, independently thinking, musically diverse teenagers like that (I was one of them), and there are many of them on this board. I think what most people have an issue with is that the Teen Choice Awards are not geared toward that type of teenager. They're geared a bit more toward the typical, trend-wedded teen. There's nothing wrong with those kids, either ... some of kids who jump on a bandwagon because it looks cool end up being real fans when they grow up. But in the pit of my stomach, I really don't want those particular teens getting all rah-rah about my favorite band. Yeah, it's shallow of me. I'm only human. That said, for the most part it really doesn't matter to me. Doesn't change how I enjoy their music, and if the band enjoys it and gets to play more US gigs because of it, who am I to criticize?

All we were teenagers, I don't understand why so much hatred toward adolescents. When I was a teenager I listened to Guns N 'Roses and Nirvana, maybe there are teenagers that listen to Muse simply because he likes, not for Twilight.

My children (11, 8 and 5 years old) love Muse but they don't know Twilight.

THANK YOU! Gosh. Who gave teens such a bad name around here?

Whoever was talking about Paramore in this thread jinxed Muse at the Awards. But really, how important is a Teen Choice Award to a band like Muse? ;)

Haha, no.

I think that if they won, that's be like a slap in the face. Everybody knows that the teens that vote in TCA ( not necessarily the teens that listen to other music), are a bunch of kids who listen to Justin Bieber & Co. I would feel offended, and I think that Muse would too, because it's not the right award to award them.

And I would also...

sofuckingstupid.gif

I think that if they won, that's be like a slap in the face. Everybody knows that the teens that vote in TCA ( not necessarily the teens that listen to other music), are a bunch of kids who listen to Justin Bieber & Co. I would feel offended, and I think that Muse would too, because it's not the right award to award them.

And I would also...

sofuckingstupid.gif

KINGSLEYYYYYYYYYY :eek::D

Archived