Well yes, but I hate the way that that is a reason for releasing singles. It should be about showcasing a band's talents for the possibly ignorant public. Instead it can turn into just clambouring for a hit, releasing a fairly mundane radio friendly track over something musically superior.

I agree, but me thinks the point is so people become aware of their songs. Start off the non musers with something a little easy going that will intrigue them, let them find the other songs for themselves and thus you got yourself a load more musers jumping on the bandwagon, so its all good! :D I think realistically releasing something like Take A Bow just wouldn't work, its an unconventional structure that wouldn't work on Radio 1 for example, so im all for Invincible drawing in new listeners and MoP showing people what Muse are about.

Obviously long term muse fans are going to dislike the fact songs like Starlight and Invinicible get more widely released, but you need to think about it from a non muser point of view ;)

Invincible is a song of hope. I know everyone has their own interpretation of songs, and different way in which it affects them, but invincible is one of those songs I can listen to and be inspired to do something. I don't think it was written as a song to be taken seriously, I think it was more of a song capturing the imposible idea that anything is possible, of endless hope, and although it is not a masterpiece or epic or genious in any way, it's still a beautiful song and for that I will always love it.

well, thats my two cents anyway.

Well yes, but I hate the way that that is a reason for releasing singles. It should be about showcasing a band's talents for the possibly ignorant public. Instead it can turn into just clambouring for a hit, releasing a fairly mundane radio friendly track over something musically superior.

But in this case we all know Matt loves this song. So they're not comprimising for the hit in releasing it.

Mmm i saw people saying invincible as worst song on the album.. how about.. a soldiers poem? :rolleyes:

Soldier's Poem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *breathes* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> Being shat on in the eye by a sea-gull >>>>>>> Invincible

But in this case we all know Matt loves this song. So they're not comprimising for the hit in releasing it.

Soldier's Poem >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> *breathes* >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>. Being shat on in the eye by a sea-gull >>>>>>> Invincible

Rofl.

Although I don't agree.

Being shat on in the eye by a seagull is underrated in my opinion.

Nah, I love both of them and once vowed to sing Invincible to a girl that I truly loved (meaning when I find one...)

Just wanted to put my two cents in...

I love Invincible, and even though the lyrics are kinda cheesy, I don't think this is the kind of thing Coldplay would put out. I also find it powerful, epic, and meaningful like others have said, I really honestly do. It's just so sincerely hopeful and uplifting. I really do believe it's one of the best on the album. I don't like it when Muse gets too soft on us, but I think with this one, they're definitely not. Epic does NOT equal sappy or soft!

Plus, here's a great live performance of Invincible that I'm sure some of you have seen...

Matt uses a trippy XY pad for like an hour (<-- exageration of course) at the start of it, but it sounds so cool and eerie I forgive the length:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_TeSGON6VvA

I love Invincible, and even though the lyrics are kinda cheesy, I don't think this is the kind of thing Coldplay would put out. I also find it powerful, epic, and meaningful like others have said, I really honestly do. It's just so sincerely hopeful and uplifting. I really do believe it's one of the best on the album. I don't like it when Muse gets too soft on us, but I think with this one, they're definitely not. Epic does NOT equal sappy or soft!

Plus, here's a great live performance of Invincible that I'm sure some of you have seen...

Matt uses a trippy XY pad for like an hour (<-- exageration of course) at the start of it, but it sounds so cool and eerie I forgive the length:

*deep-sigh*

brilliant reasoning!

nah, Coldplay wouldn't do anything like that, but this song screams of Keane. No-one has said epic equals sappy or soft, it has nothing to do with those things.

As I have said before, this songs separates opinions like Moses does water. The smart people see how cheesy and boring it is and the deluded fans see it as uplifting and epic. :p

It was a just a joke, before anyone tries to suffocate me.

last night I had the weirdest dream about Invincible..:stunned:

First of all, not Matt sang, but Billie Joe Armstrong, the singer of Green Day..

and he didn't sing "Together we're invincible"...he sang "Together we're CYNICAL" :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

Look, how this board and all your bad opinions about this song influence such a sensitive person like me...

....:LOL:

• 3 weeks later...
Invincible is a song of hope. I know everyone has their own interpretation of songs, and different way in which it affects them, but invincible is one of those songs I can listen to and be inspired to do something. I don't think it was written as a song to be taken seriously, I think it was more of a song capturing the imposible idea that anything is possible, of endless hope, and although it is not a masterpiece or epic or genious in any way, it's still a beautiful song and for that I will always love it.

That's it.

I don't know why, but i like Invincible. Maybe I like cheesy music :D. I recognize the arguments against Invincible, but when I like a song, I like it. Then the best arguments against this song won't change my opinion ;)

I guess here are many people who actually like Invincible, but then see most of the fans don't like it and then change their opinion. I don't know but I can imagine.

I think Invincible is a good song. I like it.

But as far as Muse songs go, it is weak. It is a good song, but by Muse standards, not their best. It would be the greatest fucking song ever if Coldplay or Keane released it. :LOL:

Muse are so much better than other bands that they can release their weakest song on the album and still compete with them in the charts. That's the difference. Muse have songs like KoC, so screw everyone :D

Muse are so much better than other bands that they can release their weakest song on the album and still compete with them in the charts. That's the difference. Muse have songs like KoC, so screw everyone :D

Oh come on...

lllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllllmao

SFA video, when they're crashing into the sun(its the sun, right?) and matt is like..."wooooooooah...dude, were gonna die", chris is all "what time is lunch again?"

But meh, I go through stages with Invincible. I'll love it, then Ill but all, meh, heard better, then I'll see it live on MTV and be all "OMGGGGG LYK KEWL MUN MAT IZ LYK...GAWD"

Archived