I think Invincible is one of the best tracks on the album...if not the best.

On a pure musical level I think its fantastic...the atmospheric beginning, interesting guitar tone, great melody, passionate singing, the way that halfway through the whole feel of the song transforms as the bass line/drum beat come in, the unusual and great solo section, and the final uncontrolled chorus...its just so well crafted. I cannot think of a Muse song that builds up in such a way through the entire song, starting beautiful then continually growing in strength like that. Maybe Falling Down comes close...but its still not the same. I mean Muse have always had great dynamics...but this is something else.

Lyric wise is where most people have problems...well, this may seem a strange line to take...but are any of those criticising it people who are currently in true, pure, requited love? Because I think of myself a year ago...and I'd have hated the line, "together we're invincible", but now (being in that kind of love) and, especially with it being sung in such a passionate honest way as Matt does, it seems totally fine, particularly when surrounded by the other good lyrics.

And this is coming from someone who is anal about lyrics...I love my Bob Dylan and David Bowie, and will simply not listen to bands if their lyrics are bad. I think most people's problem is they don't understand a simple lyric done in the right way is just as good as some complicated version. "Together we're invincible" is just as great (if not better) then "True love lives...on lollipops and crisps." (radiohead lol).

So thats it, Invincible's great...for me anyway. I get goosebumps hearing it sometimes...such a great performance.

post of the week*

;)

Its a mood song, you have to be chilled to get the vibe...

But some of you are being right bell ends, sorry but you are....its a well crafted thoughtful song, the chords are simple but the melody created around those chords is really uplifting.

Also the part in the solo where the bass plays down to E then up to G# & A with the guitar still rising in itself is orgasmic indeed....

So its gets a high wank-o-meter rating from me! :)

Mm... would it be safe to say that the people hating invincible are single? :LOL::rolleyes:

Also the part in the solo where the bass plays down to E then up to G# & A with the guitar still rising in itself is orgasmic indeed....

And after that part the Dalek cum part ::rolleyes: invincible is quite the turn on won't you say :LOL:

Its a mood song, you have to be chilled to get the vibe...

But some of you are being right bell ends, sorry but you are....its a well crafted thoughtful song, the chords are simple but the melody created around those chords is really uplifting.

So its gets a high wank-o-meter rating from me! :)

Bell-ends for having an opinion....wow...call the opinion police!!!1

Mm... would it be safe to say that the people hating invincible are single? :LOL::rolleyes:

And after that part the Dalek cum part ::rolleyes: invincible is quite the turn on won't you say :LOL:

first: no :p I don't like it and I aint single :D

second: I quess invincible shud be played in every bedroom then?? :rolleyes:

Assassin is better. :p

Invincible won't do that well. Not that Muse do do that well in the charts anyway, i mean how many top ten hits have they had?

Assassin has already had more publicity with tv. ads and film trailers,

yeah, so i wanted Assassin :LOL:

Muse have had 3 top tens. But Dead Star/In Your World did get to 13 so anything can happen

Although Dead Star is awesome, unlike Invincible

As you all know we have a quite active anti-invincible movement on the forum! How can this be? Invincible is a great song. It has a great message and that breakdown riff and solo are great! It's the one song that shows the softer side of Muse on BH&R.

All invincible lovers: Stand together, cuz Together we're invincible!!!

Let the flaming/locking begin :LOL:

Hi Musematt!! *waving*

first i thought the song was ok

then i heard it live

and now i love it

it's my bloody opinion as a sucker

so shut all (Max & co!) up!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

man, am i bad tempered...:eek:

How can people not like invincible?

It is one of the best songs on B&R.

The lyrics are amazing. I love it. And everyone else should 2!

If you are going to slate a song, let it be starlight. Yer, its a good song, but nowhere near as good as Invincible.

If you are going to slate a song, let it be starlight. Yer, its a good song, but nowhere near as good as Invincible.

Starlight is in my opinion so much better than Invincible

pfffffftttt HAHAHAHAHAHAHAHA i can't believe anyone would actually think that:LOL: :LOL:

no accounting for taste i guess... :LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I love every song on Black Holes... including Invincible. Hoodoo is the only one which i could say anything bad about.

Hoodoo is one of the best songs from Black Holes...it's certainly better than Invincible. And it's definitely better than Soldier's bleeding Poem, but that goes without saying...

Archived