Exactement.

I think it's probably my least favourite of all Matt's solos, the bass break before it is the only salvagable part of the song for me.

It's probably his worst solo, in my opinion of course. I don't even like Citizen Erased that much anymore but the solo in that is infinitely better.

im pretty suprised at how much shit invincible is copping on this thread! i mean, i know its not one of the most brilliant songs ever written and its not up there with other awesome-museness as much, but people here are talking as if their ears bleed when they listen to it and its pure torture for them to listen to it! i like it, the build up is great, the solo is great and the lyrics, as cheesy as some people think they are, there still good! its got a lot of feeling and emotion which is really really nice. when they played it last tuesday (:D) i cried:$! lol! but anyway, youre all entitled to your opinions so i dont care, whatever! i love invincible, just like i love starlight, s.f.a, unintended etc etc , so hate me! :rolleyes: lol.....anywho ill shutup!

im pretty suprised at how much shit invincible is copping on this thread! i mean, i know its not one of the most brilliant songs ever written and its not up there with other awesome-museness as much, but people here are talking as if their ears bleed when they listen to it and its pure torture for them to listen to it! i like it, the build up is great, the solo is great and the lyrics, as cheesy as some people think they are, there still good! its got a lot of feeling and emotion which is really really nice. but anyway, youre all entitled to your opinions so i dont care, whatever! i love invincible, just like i love starlight, s.f.a, unintended etc etc , so hate me! :rolleyes: lol.....anywho ill shutup!

It's the worst track Muse have ever put on an album. Considering the skill they have at the current time, as musicians and writers, to come up with something as bland, dull and uninspiring as Invincible is appalling. There are better Muse song build ups, solos and lyrics and also songs with more feeling and emotion.

It's the worst track Muse have ever put on an album. Considering the skill they have at the current time, as musicians and writers, to come up with something as bland, dull and uninspiring as Invincible is appalling. There are better Muse song build ups, solos and lyrics and also songs with more feeling and emotion.

yeah, i know. but i dont think its absolutely terribly disgusting is all! i know there are better tracks than invincible with better lyrics, build ups, solos etc, i wasnt saying that invincible's are the best ever. i just think that, in MY opinion, its a great song and that it really isnt as bad as people here are saying...but anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thats mine so......yeah! :happy:

yeah, i know. but i dont think its absolutely terribly disgusting is all! i know there are better tracks than invincible with better lyrics, build ups, solos etc, i wasnt saying that invincible's are the best ever. i just think that, in MY opinion, its a great song and that it really isnt as bad as people here are saying...but anyway, everyone is entitled to their opinion, and thats mine so......yeah! :happy:

Meh it's an opinion.

And also, people really do get on my goat when they say that it's better live. It's not. The way it sounds live is almost identical to how it sounds on record...

I don't like invincibe, it's one of the tracks on the album I tend to skip a lot, along with Starlight, Exo and Assassin. The main reason I don't like it is just because it's so dull, boring and uninventive, the only good part of the song in my opinion is the bass riff before the solo but that doesn't even fit into the song, and why everyone thinks the solo is so incredible is beyond me, it may be slightly harder to play than most Muse solos but at least the other solos sound good.

Meh it's an opinion.

And also, people really do get on my goat when they say that it's better live. It's not. The way it sounds live is almost identical to how it sounds on record...

True. It's just louder lol. I went for drinks whie it played.

I do like the last chorus of it live at Reading though, cause Matt gives it some.

I'm guessing the ones who think Invincible is cheesy like their music a bit more depressing. They should stick with Radiohead. Or on one of their brighter days Showbiz only. Uplifting = cheesy to these guys.

It was Kerrang that said the solo is like a Dalek having an orgasm...brilliant...it's brilliant!

That is all.

I'm guessing the ones who think Invincible is cheesy like their music a bit more depressing. They should stick with Radiohead. Or on one of their brighter days Showbiz only. Uplifting = cheesy to these guys.

It was Kerrang that said the solo is like a Dalek having an orgasm...brilliant...it's brilliant!

That is all.

Uplifting is good, Invincible however is not.

I think Invincible is one of the best tracks on the album...if not the best.

On a pure musical level I think its fantastic...the atmospheric beginning, interesting guitar tone, great melody, passionate singing, the way that halfway through the whole feel of the song transforms as the bass line/drum beat come in, the unusual and great solo section, and the final uncontrolled chorus...its just so well crafted. I cannot think of a Muse song that builds up in such a way through the entire song, starting beautiful then continually growing in strength like that. Maybe Falling Down comes close...but its still not the same. I mean Muse have always had great dynamics...but this is something else.

Lyric wise is where most people have problems...well, this may seem a strange line to take...but are any of those criticising it people who are currently in true, pure, requited love? Because I think of myself a year ago...and I'd have hated the line, "together we're invincible", but now (being in that kind of love) and, especially with it being sung in such a passionate honest way as Matt does, it seems totally fine, particularly when surrounded by the other good lyrics.

And this is coming from someone who is anal about lyrics...I love my Bob Dylan and David Bowie, and will simply not listen to bands if their lyrics are bad. I think most people's problem is they don't understand a simple lyric done in the right way is just as good as some complicated version. "Together we're invincible" is just as great (if not better) then "True love lives...on lollipops and crisps." (radiohead lol).

So thats it, Invincible's great...for me anyway. I get goosebumps hearing it sometimes...such a great performance.

Archived