You guys really liked Delta Machine? Hmmm. I liked approximately 3 songs: Soft Touch, Raw Nerve, Heaven, and the b side, All That's Mine.

Maybe I should head down to other bands and find out what all you like about it. I just thought the vocals were so high in the mix that it was annoying, and The Child Inside was the biggest piece of drivel I have ever heard Martin write.

Sorry. Off topic.

You guys really liked Delta Machine? Hmmm. I liked approximately 3 songs: Soft Touch, Raw Nerve, Heaven, and the b side, All That's Mine.

Maybe I should head down to other bands and find out what all you like about it. I just thought the vocals were so high in the mix that it was annoying, and The Child Inside was the biggest piece of drivel I have ever heard Martin write.

Sorry. Off topic.

Yes, Angel, Heaven, Broken, Soothe My Soul, Alone, All That's Mine are all superb, and Secret To The End, Should Be Higher, Goodbye and Welcome To My World aren't bad either. Soft Touch/Raw Nerve is probably the worst song on the album.

It's about the atmosphere, the layering and detail. In addition, Dave's beautiful baritone voice paired with Martin's angel like backing vocals (probably the best voice combo I know) and the great melodies and lyrics.

• 2 weeks later...
But it's a great song.

It's a good song an all, but I don't really see it as an epic masterpiece the way it often seems to be portrayed.

I guess I have a personal...issue...with the song, too. I have been a big Radiohead fan for a while now, and after hearing the constant Muse comparisons I decided to look them up. So I typed "Muse" on youtube and the first video was SMBH. I heard it and thought it sounded stupid, so I thought they were, too. Fortunately, my friend posted RBS on facebook, and now I love them. :p

I don't really see it as an epic masterpiece the way it often seems to be portrayed.
eh what

I've never heard SMBH being described as anything close to an epic masterpiece. Most people who love it just find it catchy and fun and having a good riff.

Well it wouldn't be overrated if people didn't think it was great.

Not necessarily. It just means that you think people rate something too highly. They don't have to think it's great they just have to think that it's much better than you believe it is.

Anyways, I love SMBH but I can understand why someone wouldn't. Try listening to a live version if you haven't already. The song is much better in a live setting.

eh what

I've never heard SMBH being described as anything close to an epic masterpiece. Most people who love it just find it catchy and fun and having a good riff.

That was a bit of an exaggeration :p I don't really know why I'm trying to say. I guess I'll just shut up :)

It's a good song an all, but I don't really see it as an epic masterpiece the way it often seems to be portrayed.

I guess I have a personal...issue...with the song, too. I have been a big Radiohead fan for a while now, and after hearing the constant Muse comparisons I decided to look them up. So I typed "Muse" on youtube and the first video was SMBH. I heard it and thought it sounded stupid, so I thought they were, too. Fortunately, my friend posted RBS on facebook, and now I love them. :p

Supermassive - shit. And yes it's highly overrated. And that fucking Twilight played a great role in there. And of course, it's popular - people like stuff that plays in cafes.

I like SMBH, but it's not their best. It's just really catchy.

I can see why Cave is overrated, Matt is quite flat in the chorus..

I think Citizen Erased is a little overrated- people always say it's their favourite, but personally I don't like the opening riff bit with the pinch harmonic thingys.

I don't see why MOTP is overrated though, I love that song!

Archived