Precisely, I hardly ever see it mentioned and Muse have only played it live a handful of times...so based on that, and listening to it now for the first time in ages, I'd say it's criminally underrated if anything. :stunned:

Very true :yesey:

It was an instant favourite on first listen of BHAR for me, and it's still pretty good now.

Is a third of your personality really that repetitive?

Well to me its more to do with what hes saying and how he delivers it, not how many times he says it :rolleyes:

Seriously thats the only criticism I've heard people give Showbiz. Its just a dark song.

Well to me its more to do with what hes saying and how he delivers it, not how many times he says it :rolleyes:

Seriously thats the only criticism I've heard people give Showbiz. Its just a dark song.

I can't imagine the lyrics having the same impact if they were each only used once and padded out with other lines, it's brilliant as it is. :yesey:

I can't imagine the lyrics having the same impact if they were each only used once and padded out with other lines, it's brilliant as it is. :yesey:

Exactly its simple but you can draw too much meaning out of it, its almost as deep as New Born is but in a completely different way.

Its definately one of Muse's most darkest, deepest songs.

I love Showbiz, end of :p

Exactly its simple but you can draw too much meaning out of it, its almost as deep as New Born is but in a completely different way.

Its definately one of Muse's most darkest, deepest songs.

Oh yes, this has actually managed to turn into a Showbiz bumming session, I have faith in Main Muse once again. :D:LOL:

While I can certainly draw various different meanings from Showbiz, I don't think I've actually tried it with New Born before, the lyrics are just a bit...obscure. :erm: They're cracking lyrics at the same time, mind.

Oh yes, this has actually managed to turn into a Showbiz bumming session, I have faith in Main Muse once again. :D:LOL:

While I can certainly draw various different meanings from Showbiz, I don't think I've actually tried it with New Born before, the lyrics are just a bit...obscure. :erm: They're cracking lyrics at the same time, mind.

i sed end of :unsure::eek:

Yep simple vs obscure.. Hard to pick one or the other sometimes. New Born has taken me about 3 years to finally understand what the hell its on about :LOL:

Ok.. how about we all pretend Showbiz doesn't exist? :stunned: ... :shifty:

Plug in Baby.

And yes Knights of Cydonia is over-rated, but come on.....it doesn't come more awesome than:

DA-NA-NA-NAAAAA, DA-NA-NA-NAAAAAA, DA-NA-NA-NAAAAAAAA DA-NA-NA-NA-NA-NA, DA-NA-NA-NAAAAA, DA-NA-NA-NAAAA, DA-NA-NA-NAAA!!!!!!!

so THAT's what he's saying...all makes sense now

Showbiz is great, what's to knock?

Way overrated is Map of the Problematique; pretentious name, pretentious song, it just sounds way too slick and soulless. Have tried hard with it, but struggling to love it.

Anyway, Unintended is lovely!! And it isn't a cover version, its all the work of lil' Matty himself. Awww bless!

Knights of Cydonia is NOT overrated!! It deserves all the praise it gets - it's easily Muses most ambitious work to date and one of their best songs.

As much as I love these songs, I think Plug in baby and Time is running out are a bit overrated. I'd rather they stopped playing those ones live and included some other better songs in their set - like Dead star.

+1 :yesey:

Infact the majority of muse songs sound crap compared to the live versions :LOL: but the video definately spoilt KOC I think

By being awesome? The vid made the studio version a bit more exciting, since it has so many things going on.

Archived