Muse are generally underrated!

I don't understand how a song of theirs could be overrated, especially here in Australia, but- Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia got a lot more attention just because of Twilight and Guitar Hero III. :p

Not saying Muse don't deserve attention, but it was for the wrong reasons!

New Born.

P.S - I think anyone who thinks CE is overrated is a lunatic.

I don't see how either of those are overrated seeing as they're both excellent songs... :erm:

But I think SMBH is definitely overrated. It's a good song but not the "OMGWTFBBQFTW" awesome that people say it is.

What does this question really mean? <about overrated songs>

I mean i'm not good at English, so I'd like to be sure of the meaning.

Does it mean discussing about the muse's songs that is overestimated that it should?

Like what songs do you don't like much but it's received too much attention, doesn't it?

What does this question really mean? <about overrated songs>

I mean i'm not good at English, so I'd like to be sure of the meaning.

Does it mean discussing about the muse's songs that is overestimated that it should?

Like what songs do you don't like much but it's received too much attention, doesn't it?

Basically, the question is asking which song do people say is really really amazing but in reality isn't that great or not as good as they claim it to be. It's all opinion really...

Citizen Erased aka ''the song that makes you real fan''

CE is an average song to me.. pretty long for Muse standarts, progressive elements for sure and great lyrics.

I mean: listen to songs that you like, not songs that you have to like (to be true fan).

:rolleyes:

..and SMBH maybe, but that's caused by teenage fangirls..

Muse are generally underrated!

I don't understand how a song of theirs could be overrated, especially here in Australia, but- Supermassive Black Hole and Knights of Cydonia got a lot more attention just because of Twilight and Guitar Hero III. :p

Not saying Muse don't deserve attention, but it was for the wrong reasons!

I agree! Although they do manage to sell out their shows, and they have reached the top parts of the Hottest 100s over the years (they even made no. 1 with Knights of Cydonia in 2007), generally I find few people are really into them at all. For that reason, I'm happy whenever someone says they love Muse, even if the songs are the usual suspects (Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia).

Then again, I'm new to this forum. Maybe after a few days I'll return saying "OMGWTF WHY DO YOU ALL LOVE THAT SONG IT'S HORRIBLE!!!!"

I agree! Although they do manage to sell out their shows, and they have reached the top parts of the Hottest 100s over the years (they even made no. 1 with Knights of Cydonia in 2007), generally I find few people are really into them at all. For that reason, I'm happy whenever someone says they love Muse, even if the songs are the usual suspects (Supermassive Black Hole, Starlight, Knights of Cydonia).

Same here. It's always good to know people like one of my favourite bands, even if I still need to introduce them to certain releases.

One different case was when I knew somebody who had been to see Muse and kept rubbing it in my face. Then eventually she asked me to give her some Muse songs because she didn't actually have any, and hardly knew anything about the band. :facepalm:

I think Muscle Museum is overrated as well as TIRO and Starlight. I believe these last two are made to align up with a broader public but since I love more the hard rocky, psychedelic and emotional side of Muse songs I don't count these songs to my favorites.

I can get really dragged on by Bliss or Citizen Erased and Hysteria can even give me a fucking out of body experience. Don't mess with those because they contain all I LOVE about MUSE. ;) (Although there is not so much synth in CE, while I love it when there are multiple levels of synthesizers in a songs.)

Archived