Ah ha yeah alright hunchback.

Wilykit.

I went to the 16th and 17th. Thought 17th was the better night, purely because I was up in the hospitality area and on the 16th the sound was not really reaching us well, but they must of corrected that on Sunday because the sound kicked it.

I was down on the pitch and the sound was pretty good there, I'd had a few drinks though and was singing the whole night so probably wouldn't have noticed.

To be honest I wished I was down on the pitch too. It looked bangin' down there. Way up in the heavens I could see all the pockets of hardcore moshing going on. Especially when New Born was played. I wanted to be there with my shirt of body slamming people. :(

To be honest I wished I was down on the pitch too. It looked bangin' down there. Way up in the heavens I could see all the pockets of hardcore moshing going on. Especially when New Born was played. I wanted to be there with my shirt of body slamming people. :(

Yeah the crowd was going mental even quite far back even I was jumping around something I don't usually do at Muse gigs :LOL:

It sounds so fucking good. Riffs are the things that raise ordinary songs to be classics, with a good riff, even a bad song can be enjoyable to listen.

It's one of the best modern day riffs. It was recently voted the 5th greatest guitar riff of all time. C'mon, everyone who has been to see Muse live knows how mental everyone goes when Matt thrashes out that riff out of nowhere.

Fair enough, but I'm still not seeing it. I find it quite weak to be honest, and strangely... old-fashioned. For me it will never top the rifftasticness of The Small Print, Stockholm Syndrome, Cave, Knights of Cydonia or, best of all, Dead Star.

Fair enough, but I'm still not seeing it. I find it quite weak to be honest, and strangely... old-fashioned. For me it will never top the rifftasticness of The Small Print, Stockholm Syndrome, Cave, Knights of Cydonia or, best of all, Dead Star.

Each to their own, but if you've been to a Muse gig which i'm sure you have. You simply cannot deny the intense reaction that riff gets once it airs it's supersonic face.

For me it will never top the rifftasticness of The Small Print, Stockholm Syndrome, Cave, Knights of Cydonia or, best of all, Dead Star.

I don't know what the huge deal with Dead Star is. I'd love to see it live, but I don't really tend to listen to it. It's not one of their best songs. I love your sig by the way, hahaha. :LOL:

A few months ago I would have said Knights is stupidly overrated (in fact I think I said it earlier in the thread) but I completely take that back now, after seeing it live. That vocal breakdown is utter immenseness. Especially when there are 75,000 other people singing it with you. :yesey:

So yeah, Muse's most overrated songs: Dead Star, Muscle Museum, Dark Shines, Hoodoo and Citizen Erased (although I love that song).

Time Is Running Out :rolleyes:...I hope they take it off the set list for the upcoming Oz tour and replace it with something more deserving of a spot on the set list like EXO-POLITICS!

^ I;d love to hear exo-politics, but then again I love time is running out as well.

I dunno if I can choose an overrated song yet.

Time Is Running Out :rolleyes:...I hope they take it off the set list for the upcoming Oz tour and replace it with something more deserving of a spot on the set list like EXO-POLITICS!

yeah, exo isn't too good live apparently. don't get me wrong, i'm no big fan of tiro but i'd rather keep tiro on the set than replace it with exo. :)

• 2 weeks later...

Plug in Baby and Citizen Erased are overrated beyond belief.

Dont get me wrong, they're both extraordinary and phenomenal when performed live but honestly, why are they hailed as Muse's best?

Universal riff aside, what else does PiB offer? The chorus is catchy and stuff but I dont see how it can be better than,say, Bliss live. Micro Cuts would definitely give it a run for its money. As for CE, I agree that its a masterpiece of a song but in reality, is it THAT good? Live version's not really that much different as compared to the album version. After Wembley 17th, people were complaining that they got AP instead of CE. Neither do they realise that AP is many times better than CE. There you go.

Off topic but I realise that many fans claimed that the 16th setlist was better than the 17th.You guys do not know how wrong you are. Again, this is my opinion and mine alone(or is it?:rolleyes:) so dont start killing me over it.

CoD > S4A

CE < AP

MoM to Tiro < Forced In to S4A

Micro Cuts < Bliss(extended)

Archived