What's your FAVOURITE part of ANY Muse song?

slipperypoo

• 1 month later...
"I sought a liquid control *SWALLOWS* that gives life to us all" :LOL::LOL::LOL:

:LOL: I didn't notice the 'swallowing' of the 'liquid'.

The swallowing in that song is just ACE! :D

I thought it was just a spectacularly nice touch to the singing, but now I see it could have had meaning with the lyrics.

*listens to the song* Plinkity plunkity plunk! How lovely. :)

Gah, where do I start?!

Hmmm...

- The tone of Matt's voice during the chorus in Deadstar... I don't know, perhaps it's the choir geek in me, but I love that certain tone that it has... verging on blatantly altered, only not quite... and it's one particular note, anyone know what I mean?

- "I WISH I COULD!" -- well, basically all of the lyrics of Stockholm Syndrome.

- The last vocal chord of Soldier's Poem - so Queen-esque!

("Flash! Oh-oh!" - couldn't resist.)

- The drumbeat of Starlight. Toe-tapping good!

- That impressive note (is that the A flat?) in Micro Cuts.

- Once the piano starts in Hoodoo - so dramatic!

- Oh dear god. I am in love with the chord progression of the chorus in Falling Away With You.

- Gah, just one more, I swear! (Okay, I may be back later...) - "Insaaaaane" - the sliding notes in The Small Print. Good times.

Ah crud, I just thought of another one!

- In Can't Take My Eyes Off Of You, when it gets to "And I thank God I'm alive" - does anyone else reckon Matt sings that with just a little bit of "ugh, yeah, GOD I'm alive" inflection? Makes me laugh every time, just thinking of him standing in the studio singing that.

Piano solos: Space Dementia, B&H, Hoodoo, Ruled by Secrecy, Cave

Other piano parts: Sunburn, Apocalypse Please, New Born

Favorite guitar riffs: Plug In Baby, Bliss, New Born, Hysteria, Knighst of Cydonia, Stockholm Syndrome

-Plus that funky 'wow' in the Groove and british 'yeahs' in drunken Feeling Good and Starlight

-'Noone's going to take me alive' part in KOC... it's just epic

-the mandolines or whatever the heck it is I hear after the first chorus in TIRO

-the weird sounding guitar at the beginning of Muscle Museum and throughout the song

-the first guitar sound in Overdue

-all the wails and high-pitched screams Bells produces at the end of many songs, including New Born, Plug In Baby, Showbiz, TIRO and nowadays live Bliss... they just make me come :p You can figure that my orgasm lasts for over three minutes while listening to Micro Cuts

The first part of the vocals in the Dundee performance of KoC. It's pretty much the only one I've heard where the microphone's normal for that bit instead of all quiet and distant sounding. I don't care if that makes it sound like the album, it makes it sound less live. :mad:

Right, rant over.

Bliss synth(keyboard) really makes my day everytime.

Hysteria guitar solo: Best Muse guitar solo in my opinion.

Apocalypse Please piano solo in the last 30 seconds or so: Most dramatic ending to a song.

The whole of Knights of Cydonia basically. Especially the last 2 minutes where the band kicks into intense riffage.

Hyper Music bass,God, that's just orgasmic.

New Born piano intro and riff. The solo is pretty epic too.:happy:

For one moment

I wish you'd hold your stage

With no feelings at all

Open minded,

I'm sure I used to be so free

I love singing along to that very part! Great fun :)

A lot of people have pointed out a few of the bits I like, but by far my favourite moment is towards the end of Sunburn, when Matt's voice just starts to break when he sings the second repetition of "i'll HIIIIDE from the world"... the sheer energy coming from the guy there never fails to send shivers down my spine.

Some more, by no means a complete list :p:

- the synth in Bliss, and especially the point where the bass and drums kick in. Magic. Especially live!

- The point where when you're watching KoC live at a festival and suddenly you have tens of thousands of people all singing along to "No-one's gonna take me alive!" and then the subsequent madness when the guitar riff kicks in

- Citizen Erased

- the bassline to Easily

- The Groove

- the "fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking fucking lil' fucker, yeahh..." bit of that one performance of Feeling Good... makes me laugh every time :p

- the guitar solo in Thoughts of a dying atheist [which is also a fun song to sing along to] and guitar solo & bass riff of Hysteria

- the small bends during the choruses of Hysteria, never noticed them until I listened to the instrumental version... good fun.

- all the gritty background synthesiser arpeggios on various songs on BHAR, especially the little bit just before the first line of the chorus of KoC

- i also like listening to the first version of Bliss, from... bizarre festival I think. it's great... no guitar but i somehow love the off-time always-fiddling-with-the-tempo arpeggiator usage, with that nintendo synthesiser sound and dreamy sounding vocals... and the "HAHAHA... yeah we've never played that, ever, before" at the end :p also, a video of an early version of PIB from reading university where matt sings "God is in me!" instead of "My plug in baby", purely for the bizarreness of that line.

probably could go on all night if I let myself!

Wooo, great thread! :)

(No order)

1. Blackout - last chorus

2. Thoughts of a Dying Atheist - solo

3. Sing For Absolution - 'and our souls won't be exhumed'

4. Stockholm Syndrome - main solo

5. Stockholm Syndrome - ending riff

6. Falling Away With You - last verse

7. Hysteria - solo

8. Hysteria - bridge

9. Hysteria - last chorus

10. Butterflies and Hurricanes - solo

11. Endlessly - organ + last verse

12. Ruled by Secrecy - solo

13. Ruled by Secrecy - last chorus

14. Take A Bow - the build up to the second section of the song

15. Take A Bow - the last big chorus

16. Take A Bow - finale

17. Supermassive Black Hole - 'SUPERMASSIVE BLACK HOLE'

18. Map of the Problematique - finale

19. Invincible - tapping solo

20. City of Delusion - verse 2

21. City of Delusion - trumpet solo

22. Hoodoo - loud bit :p

23. Hoodoo - lyrics on the last verse

24. Knights of Cydonia - no one's going to...

25. Knights of Cydonia - build up

26. Knights of Cydonia - riff

27. Glorious - the lyrics generally

28. Hyper Music - the chorus

29. Space Dementia - the run down in piano half way through

30. Space Dementia - the finale

31. Citizen Erased - piano finale

32. Micro Cuts - finale

33. Darkshines - solo

34. Megalomania - finale

35. Muscle Museum - finale

36. Cave - piano finale

37. Showbiz - the 'squeel' at the end :p

38. Fillip - the build up

39. Falling Down - the quiet finale

Almost made 40 lol

• 3 weeks later...

you know the beginning of Plug in Baby when he's just riffing or w/e, and then the drums just come in like BAM!!

love it.

and the speakerphone part of Feeling Good. haha, has anyone seen the video on youtube from Radio:4 when they're drunk? soooo hilarious!! <3

• 3 weeks later...

Archived