Sneaking into Standing?

CapcomGal

I'm guessing she means because if EVERYONE decided to sneak in, there would be over-crowding which could obviously cause people to get hurt.

Yeah, pretty much :LOL: I was being a bit sarky, admittedly.

As will I!:D

:awesome:

Those Hillsborough pictures affect me so much :( Literally make me feel sick.

When this thread first caught my eye, I thought it said "streaking into standing." Needless to say, that would have been a significantly funner proposal.;)

Also, the safety issue is no joke. It doesn't take much to make a dangerous situation, and you wouldn't have to scour history too hard to find accounts of such incidents. Standing tickets are allotted with consideration to safe capacity.

Streaking, eh? Now there's an idea!!

GOD, yes. This. I cannot stress this point enough. Although there's the issue of money, and difference in price/fairness/other issues/etc etc, the safety issue is by far and away THE most important thing. People getting hurt because of something like this is so, so much more common than a lot of people think.

there was so much space left in the Golden Circle in Paris...really really a lot! With 200 more people there still would have been much space. That's why they let people in that had other tickets I think. :erm:

If security decide to let in a small number of people, then that's fair enough - they've assessed the situation properly, and can control how many people go in.

If I see anyone attempting to sneak into standing without a standing ticket, I'll happily rat you out in a second :awesome:

+1

Either buy a standing ticket or gtfo :p. If you want a standing ticket that badly, just try to swap your seated ones on Musebay/gumtree/some other reliable sites/means. It's hardly fair - or clever for that matter - to try to sneak in. Some of us fought our way through the online battles to get GA tickets and paid fair and square to be in the standing area, so the seated lot shouldn't be 'plotting' to get in like ninjas :LOL:.

I knew a guy from my class who snuck into the pit for Muse at Verizon Theatre. He just jumped over apparently. But that was back in 2007, and the last gig I went to they checked my ticket like a thousand times before they let me in the pit. I would have been amazed if someone could be sneaky enough to find a way in there.

Security varies so much, I think it just depends on them. At a festival a couple of years back, my friend (I had a pit ticket, she didn't), simply jumped the fence. She even jumped back out for a drink and then jumped back in. Security didn't give much of a shit. So just keep your eyes open to what's going on around you. It seems like the best bet.

understandable. i do as well. i would be very upset if my view were blocked by someone who didn't pay for GA seats. i wouldn't wanna do that to someone else.

:yesey:

I remember at the Tampa gig I was at, some guy ran down the steps and jumped over the barrier to get into standing.

then someone tackled him.

oh memories~

Haha, nicely done.

+1

Either buy a standing ticket or gtfo :p. If you want a standing ticket that badly, just try to swap your seated ones on Musebay/gumtree/some other reliable sites/means. It's hardly fair - or clever for that matter - to try to sneak in. Some of us fought our way through the online battles to get GA tickets and paid fair and square to be in the standing area, so the seated lot shouldn't be 'plotting' to get in like ninjas :LOL:.

Too right! It's so easy to switch tickets if you really feel the need to; what's the point in sneaking into the standing area? Not only do you run the very high risk of getting chucked out, but you also leave a seat free that could have gone to someone else.

Is that at a Muse gig? :eek:

No.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Hillsborough_Disaster

Be warned - the stuff on the link is hard to read, and very upsetting.

Security varies so much, I think it just depends on them. At a festival a couple of years back, my friend (I had a pit ticket, she didn't), simply jumped the fence. She even jumped back out for a drink and then jumped back in. Security didn't give much of a shit. So just keep your eyes open to what's going on around you. It seems like the best bet.

I hope she realises how incredibly lucky she was to get away with that..

• 2 months later...

If I catch anyone who is trying or has sneaked into standing, I will fucking iron them out, It took a lot of time and luck to et a standing ticket and I would be mightetly pissed off if I caught someone cheating there way in.

so if u have watch out for the big bald headed bloke near the front coming for u!!!!!!!!!:mad:

Archived