Sneaking into Standing?

CapcomGal

Well I'm in the video footage aren't I? :LOL:

I spent the majority of my time in the moshing area though. And I DID pay for a seated ticket! The opportunity for GA just presented itself, that's all. I'd just rather not get in trouble by explaining how we did it here.

You picked the perfect show to sneak into GA... PRO-SHOT! :LOL:

My views are that if you sneak into standing, then you are a bastard.

A. Think yourself lucky to be attending the gig anyway, as countless other people cant.

B. If loads of people did this, it would cause a crush, panic and probably deaths. Not good.

A. Think yourself lucky to be attending the gig anyway, as countless other people cant.

B. If loads of people did this, it would cause a crush, panic and probably deaths. Not good.

+1

i concur.

Yep people thinking of doing this have obviously never seen footage of a herd effect created from someone successfully slipping past security. Some other people decide to chance it and before you know it security is overwhelmed and you have a human stampeed, which is dangerous. It happens with pitch invasions.

To do it in a British football stadium would just be sick & wrong.

Anyway, at Wembley last time, they gave you a wristband if you were in GA, don't think they gave one to those in seated and the entrances were totally separate and security checked everything. So chances are pretty low.

thanks for all the advice, and for all the people who reminded me that I'm an arsehole for thinking about doing it :LOL:

I just want to say that I did put in my first post that I knew how lucky I was to be going in the first place. I know there's a lot of people who really want a ticket but didn't get one. Besides, even if I were to try, I'd almost certainly chicken out :rolleyes: I'm like that - all talk :LOL:

Im going to the gig at wembley and i have a seated ticket right at the back :( its my first ever concert too. Is it a really crap view from the top back seated area?

I wouldn't have thought it was too bad ... I'm right at the top too, and from photos I've seen from various places in the venue, I'd say the views are pretty good all the way round.

It's low. Don't do it. Loads of people cannot attend the Wembley gigs, and you should be thankful you even have a ticket. There is a big chance you'll get thrown out. If you don't have a standing ticket, you don't deserve it. Easy as that. People in the standing area paid to be there.

:rolleyes: oh, come on. whenever did a rock show become about morals/right and wrong? if you're going to sneak in, sneak in. fight the power. :LOL:

Rock gigs are far from immorality :LOL: Clubs will blow your mind ;)

There's been plenty of people killed at gigs & stadiums, it's far from fighting the power!

:rolleyes: oh, come on. whenever did a rock show become about morals/right and wrong? if you're going to sneak in, sneak in. fight the power. :LOL:

oh, come on, lol, stop being an idiot, lol, it's dangerous, LOL. jeez.

Rock gigs are far from immorality :LOL: Clubs will blow your mind ;)

There's been plenty of people killed at gigs & stadiums, it's far from fighting the power!

Thank you.

Srsly, it's not even worth the risk.

i have a seated ticket... i'm just glad i get to be there. geeez... just be happy with what you have. its the same music no matter where you're sitting. if you want a close view, buy a better camera.

If I see anyone attempting to sneak into standing without a standing ticket, I'll happily rat you out in a second :awesome:

:LOL:

i have a seated ticket... i'm just glad i get to be there. geeez... just be happy with what you have. its the same music no matter where you're sitting. if you want a close view, buy a better camera.

:LOL:

+1 :yesey:

I had seats for Wembley both days last time and had a perfectly amazing experience. It's not so much where you are, it's just the fact that you are actually there. There is such an energy that just takes over the entire crowd that before you know it, you won't really be thinking about where your seats are. Just go and have fun.

Not that I have much experience with this, but I can imagine that it'll be pretty hard to pull off. The security are a bunch of fucking lunatics who will get angry at people who get up and dance in the stands(In Australia at least- Maybe England is more chill?)- So watch out.

I've never been told to stop dancing and sit down when I've been in seats at any UK venue, Wembley Stadium included;)

If I see anyone attempting to sneak into standing without a standing ticket, I'll happily rat you out in a second :awesome:

As will I!:D

Then fight the deadly crush when it becomes obvious people are managing to sneak in! Yey! Want to know what happens when there is a sudden surge of people into a relatively small area?

hills6_89192s.jpg

There now doesn't that look FUN??! :awesome:

And before you say 'Wouldn't happen with just a barrier in front', think again. How would you be able to get over the barrier to safety with thousands of people compressing you against the barrier? You wouldn't.

You'd suffocate! :awesome:

There are very good reasons why they limit the number of standing places available. Think about it :rolleyes::rolleyes:

I'm guessing she means because if EVERYONE decided to sneak in, there would be over-crowding which could obviously cause people to get hurt.

LOL okay. I understand.

I wasn't suggesting that everybody should sneak around. (Or anyone for that matter... that post was completely sarcastic. lol)

There were to many "lol's" and "..." for me to get it. :LOL:

When this thread first caught my eye, I thought it said "streaking into standing." Needless to say, that would have been a significantly funner proposal.;)

I'll join the scolders here. From a respect standpoint, it's a shit thing to do. Why should your fellow fans have to pay for their GAs and then share the space with people who only paid for seats? And others have said, having seats for this show is a blessing! Just enjoy it. Also, the safety issue is no joke. It doesn't take much to make a dangerous situation, and you wouldn't have to scour history too hard to find accounts of such incidents. Standing tickets are allotted with consideration to safe capacity. It's not some sort of elitist establishment that you need to stand up to. It's physical logic.

The only time I think it's OK to sneak into a better position would be if said position isn't being used (which is obviously NOT the case in this discussion). Example, I've gone to a lot of baseball games where we've had shit seats, and moved to better, empty seats late in the game. Sometimes people leave their seats early or just don't bother showing up at the game ... hell, if you like a crappy enough team, you can usually just sit whereever you want and no one will care.:LOL: But Muse are NOT the Florida Marlins.:mad:

When this thread first caught my eye, I thought it said "streaking into standing." Needless to say, that would have been a significantly funner proposal.;)

I'll join the scolders here. From a respect standpoint, it's a shit thing to do. Why should your fellow fans have to pay for their GAs and then share the space with people who only paid for seats? And others have said, having seats for this show is a blessing! Just enjoy it. Also, the safety issue is no joke. It doesn't take much to make a dangerous situation, and you wouldn't have to scour history too hard to find accounts of such incidents. Standing tickets are allotted with consideration to safe capacity. It's not some sort of elitist establishment that you need to stand up to. It's physical logic.

The only time I think it's OK to sneak into a better position would be if said position isn't being used (which is obviously NOT the case in this discussion). Example, I've gone to a lot of baseball games where we've had shit seats, and moved to better, empty seats late in the game. Sometimes people leave their seats early or just don't bother showing up at the game ... hell, if you like a crappy enough team, you can usually just sit whereever you want and no one will care.:LOL: But Muse are NOT the Florida Marlins.:mad:

"Fight the power" was sarcasm. lol.

"Fight the power" was sarcasm. lol.

Oh, I wasn't talking about anybody's comments specifically in this thread, just talking about the sort of general attitude a lot of people have about sneaking into restricted areas at rock shows and sporting events. I know a lot of folks are just joking around here.:) But I hear all the time people who seriously think it's their right to sneak into exclusive spots w/out paying.

Oh, I wasn't talking about anybody's comments specifically in this thread, just talking about the sort of general attitude a lot of people have about sneaking into restricted areas at rock shows and sporting events. I know a lot of folks are just joking around here.:) But I hear all the time people who seriously think it's their right to sneak into exclusive spots w/out paying.

LOL okay. :LOL: And yeah, I don't think it's right. But, at previous shows I've been to, the standing has cost the same as the seats. So, the money argument isn't always the best. I don't see a problem if one or two people squeeze in there. If there's 10 or 20, then yeah. It's an issue. Most people are content with seated anyway. It didn't stop me from jumping around. :LOL:

Archived