+1 It was all over Twitter a couple of days ago. "You can do so much better Matt" and such. You've never met her, shut up.

I think it's because she have lot's of boyfriends before :chuckle: and she is a hollywood actress, Matt is too smart to date with a hollywood actress :rolleyes:

I don't get the hate too and as everybody says, it's not of our business

They are going to be a sell out only marketing toward teenage girls. Losing respect for the band day by day. Radiohead rocks and kept to their true colors. Matt is getting big headed that is probably why his ex left him. Really mad at MUSE! I don't mind them becoming famous but not like this with twilight and now slut hudson.

There is a lot of money in that teenage girl market and Muse's association with the Twilight movies is a brilliant move in that respect. They're not a relatively 'young' band so they couldn't afford to miss that opportunity really, as I said before, there is NO such thing as too much money. ;)

Not sure what Radiohead has to do with any of this though :erm: They are two completely different bands - Muse jumped the shark, Radiohead evaded it...

And honestly, calling a woman a "slut" says a lot more about you than it does about that particular woman. Or do you know her personally? What does that say about the men dating her including Bellz?

And don't forget all of this 'dating' press attention could finally make Muse huge in America - just look at what Gwyneth did for Coldplay.

There is a lot of money in that teenage girl market and Muse's association with the Twilight movies is a brilliant move in that respect. They're not a relatively 'young' band so they couldn't afford to miss that opportunity really, as I said before, there is NO such thing as too much money. ;)

Not sure what Radiohead has to do with any of this though :erm: They are two completely different bands - Muse jumped the shark, Radiohead evaded it...

And honestly, calling a woman a "slut" says a lot more about you than it does about that particular woman. Or do you know her personally? What does that say about the men dating her including Bellz?

And don't forget all of this 'dating' press attention could finally make Muse huge in America - just look at what Gwyneth did for Coldplay.

It bothers me that Coldplay got known by Chris marrying Gwyneth and Muse being associated with Twilight, but you have to admit they're smart moves.

For me, it's not that Twilight is 'uncool' - I personally just think the movies are utter shitebags, regardless of any 'cool' image or Muse being associated in any way.

The one area where the Muse+Twilight thing DOES annoy me is that they've produced a very cheesed-up song about love and forever and together as a result of being part of this big teenage-girl-driven franchise. I know it's claimed that Matt didn't write the song for the soundtrack or film itself, but I hardly doubt it's 100% coincidence that it ties in perfectly with the running love and death and forever bollocks themes in the films.

It just FEELS like they're compromising their musical integrity for the sake of 'cracking' the American market (again, it FEELS like they don't quite think they've broken into the American sphere just yet) through its lowest common denominator - the 'tweeny' demographic of squealing teenage girls. The Muse of old wouldn't have gone for the easy route (or rather the cheesy route :p).

I don't even hate NSC or think it's all THAT bad (bloody catchy song, lol), I just get the sense that they're going in a softer direction... hopefully not AS soft as NSC or as lyrically ridiculous/awful lol :facepalm::p. It's odd cos songs like Starlight, which also have some cheese in the lyrics, don't bother me - I think that bass line makes a huge difference, and it isn't so overtly corny. Idk, I'm not hugely fussed, as long as this song is a one-off as opposed to a taster of things to come... *gulp* lol

/end ramble

Muse have always had teenage fans. I'd guess the majority of people on this board first started listening to Muse as teenagers. :rolleyes:

Thank you. :rolleyes:

Tbh, Matt doesn't need a teenage-girl-driven franchise to write a cheesy love song. I mean look at Soaked, Guiding Light and Unintended.

Muse have always had teenage fans. I'd guess the majority of people on this board first started listening to Muse as teenagers. :rolleyes:

I started listening to Muse when I was still a tween. :awesome: well, sort of. I was technically a teenager when I started becoming obsessive, but not when I first discovered them.

and yeah, I seem to recall Matt saying how he was never able to write a positive song without being really cheesy.

Hey, no need to insult people who really had no control over this

:(Of course I wasn't insulting you, my fellow Muser! I was merely refering to the rapidly increasing Twatlight horde and their supreme leader Robert Pattison! ( the big-foot head twat of whom I spoke)

What does that say about the men dating her including Bellz? .

Um, that she entices them all into her lair and then devours them like a giant praying mantis?

SAVE YOURSELF MAFFOO!!!

If he want to dating with the queen of England let him do it :p

Please, don't give me nightmares!:eek:

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/9188-Kate-Hudsons-Romance-Dilemma.html

^ Bleh

Also, magazines blowing things out of proportion. IT ARE NEVER HAPPEN BEFORE LULZ.

:facepalm: Bloody woman! :LOL:

Anyway I reported the vindictive post which referred to personal matters in order to attack Matt. But the mods have done nothing about it. Why is it that posts that are trying to help Matt (however ill-advised) are squashed yet vindictive ones are allowed to remain? Or is it just that the Mods have given up trying to prevent posts that refer to personal stuff as it's so public?

PS Re article above. Maybe that will be the end of it. She will be reported to have chosen the other guy and everyone will come out of it relatively unscathed! :happy: Actually she has said nice things about Matt.:happy:

I don't mind them becoming famous but not like this with twilight and now slut hudson.

Aww that's great that you 'don't mind' them becoming famous, I'm sure they'll sleep better knowing they have your approval :happy:

'Slut Hudson'? So erm, you know her well do you? You're best buddies like?

And as for the Gaia thing, I think that it is a shame( surprisedly), that they are no more. I certainly prefer her to Hudson. At least she had brains and, I think, grounded Matt. That Hudson really pisses me off. She has kids for Balamory's sake! :vomit: She's much too old to be a bloody groupie. Matt could have it so much better. He deserves so much better, if only he tried.:supersad::'(

Wow! I'd no idea so many of you know Matt's ex and current girlfriends! Where do you people meet the likes of GP and KH? Or are they family friends?

Some of you are just fucking weird.

You know, it's one thing to be curious about these women, that's just human nature and nobody should be slated for their curiosity.

It's quite another for you to pass judgement on either the women or their relationship with Matt when you know sweet FA about any of them, Matt included.

Oh sorry I forgot, you DO know them! Silly me:rolleyes:

It really isn't because of jealousy. I just don't want to see him get hurt. I don't want any of them to get hurt. And it isn't because I'm possessive of them. Muse have given me so much, they've given all of us so much, and so I just think they deserve all the happiness they come by. Oh, and Pip? Since when was having your own opinion such a bloody criminal offence? The last time I checked it was a free country.

http://www.musicrooms.net/showbiz/9188-Kate-Hudsons-Romance-Dilemma.html

Now I can see why most of us are calling her that. And it really isn't because of jealousy. I just don't want to see him get hurt. I don't want any of them to get hurt. And it isn't because I'm possessive of them. Muse have given me so much, they've given all of us so much, and so I just think they deserve all the happiness they come by.

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting himself into

I'm pretty sure he knows what he's getting himself into

Oh, I do hope so. As much as I'd love to hear NSC 2 anytime soon. Don't you think we should get back to the conversation at hand? The Mods are gonna have a fit if they find another thread 'corrupted'. And for the record: I DON'T THINK KATE IS A SLUT. As much as it hurts me to type this, I do kind of agree with Pip. None of us do know what Matt and co really are like. We can only speculate.

i agree, matt is a big boy and he knows what he is doing (or at least i really hope he does... :))

but back to the wierd article, Matt seems very delighted by being a big part of twilight...

however, i found a video interview on youtube where Dom said something like: we met stephanie a long time ago and there she asked us if she could use our songs and material in her work and that she is a big fan... and we said yes, so we were trapped from the beginning.

this is what i remember from the top of my head, and he probably did not say trapped exaclly but that was the feeling i got from watching the interview...

and btw it was great to see Dom alone!! i totally love Matt, but i sometimes feel that he steels the spotlight! And Dom has really interesting things to say when he has the chance!!! (This interviEw was not that good, because her questions were kinda wierd but its awesome to see Dom anyway:D ) SUCKER FOR DOM :p

Guest Octazooka

This is getting out of hand :noey: Matt's life is his own and no one really has the right to say anything about his choice of girlfriends cos you guys aren't Matt :p I'm jealous too, and I prefer him with Gaia but well it's happening now right? :LOL: And gossip magazines tend to overblow things out of proportion.

Archived