haha u can't lay him, you've got to cheer him on!!

All i know is his dad (Captain Rio) was a good sprinter and i'll just be happy if he finishes in the top 6, it will be a difficult race for a first timer running against horses who have been placed before. But hopefully it will win a race somewhere.

Btw its its Saturday 6PM Warwick, i will know for sure on Thursday that its definitely going

haha u can't lay him, you've got to cheer him on!!

All i know is his dad (Captain Rio) was a good sprinter and i'll just be happy if he finishes in the top 6, it will be a difficult race for a first timer running against horses who have been placed before. But hopefully it will win a race somewhere.

Btw its its Saturday 6PM Warwick, i will know for sure on Thursday that its definitely going

This Saturday? I'll keep my eye out for people betting on him! Although i don't think i'll forget his name!:D

do you know how its been working at home?

oh and dont forget to be extra nice to the lad/lass who leads it up. i'm sure you will. it goes along way when a owner acknowledges you. we're often forgotton, and we're the ones who have been up at the crack of dawn, bathed it, made them look beautiful and travelled numpty hrs to get to the race course, then to have to declare saddle up pull out lead around the parade ring for 1/2hr(not fun with certain youngsters) then after the race, wash them down, walk them down and travel the journey home before putting them to bed (this is all providing nothing has gone wrong in the race). the latest i got back one evening was 1.20am after my horse had been to an evening meeting in liverpool.

i looked after one of Trevor Hemmings horses for 2 seasons and considering how many he has he still said hello to me even when i wasnt leading up one of his. another of my owners used to give me £10 everytime, and when my best horse was killed his owner sent me a huge boquet of flowers with a card thanking me for looking after him.

I know it had sore shins for a bit(but a lot of 2 year olds do cos they're growing and under a lot of pressure with hard training). If im honest ive not been one of these people ringing up all the time cos i dont want to seem to be pushing for a run when its not ready but the brief conversations ive had it has been working well and its got a great big backside which is good for sprinters.

I will be especially nice to the stable people too, i appreciate what your saying. Its my first ever experience owning a horse so its gonna be a huge learning curve. I know a lot about horseracing betting wise as used to work in Ladbrokes, but horses themselves maybe not so much. That was a really nice what that owner did btw :-)

It came 7th but only beaten 4 1/4 lengths by the winner so not bad for a debut.

http://www.gg.com/racing/view.php?id=53916

It was really funny to hear the name mentioned by the commentator and apparantly when they were reading the horses out on the TV, they said " Number 11, the amusingly titled Supermassive Muse". Don't know what they meant by that!!!

Im sure it will win a race in time. I'll post some pictures of the horse when i upload them.

http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1898&stc=1&d=1179215285

http://board.muse.mu/attachment.php?attachmentid=1899&stc=1&d=1179215285

Im not very good at techy stuff, but just tried to attach a photo of Supermassive Muse

and a picture of me and brother with the jockey

wow he looks a fiesty one, beautiful though. looks like he has character :p

well done for the weekend, i missed it as i had to work but sounds like it was a good solid debut. How did he behave in the paddock, he looks like he was a bit reved up but thats normal for babys, (and 8yr old chasers:rolleyes: )

did he go in and leave the starting stalls alright? i was watching the racing last night and one had to be with drawn as he didn't want to go in. i also remember when we had a couple of flat horses on the yard practicising in those starting stalls and theres not much room.

he is extremely feisty. I have never seen a horse on edge so much before a race, he was like foaming at the mouth chewing on his bit. It left the stalls fine but it wasnt really his ground as it was a bit soft but i reckon he will come on a lot for the run. Hoping to race somewhere nearer me next time. Possibly Haydock or somewhere like that. PS I took your advice and gave the stable lad £20 :-)

Love the name :cool:

The commentator probably thinks he's named after one of the Greek muses ... a really fat one :D

I go to the races alot and always back anything remotely to do with Muse (or Pearl Jam!) I get winners .. sometimes. Picking them out of the paddock gets the best results though :yesey: .. Maybe I'll get to see your horse run "in the flesh" one day :D

Very best of luck with him .. you're living my dream!!!!

ps .. if you ever want him painted, I'm your gal ;) That's what I do :D

he is extremely feisty. I have never seen a horse on edge so much before a race, he was like foaming at the mouth chewing on his bit. It left the stalls fine but it wasnt really his ground as it was a bit soft but i reckon he will come on a lot for the run. Hoping to race somewhere nearer me next time. Possibly Haydock or somewhere like that. PS I took your advice and gave the stable lad £20 :-)

oh Haydocks lovely, a nice track and nice location, however with this rain we've had you might find it still too soft if that was the case at the weekend, might have to weight for the better weather.

yes i could imagine he would have been like that from the picture. He should definatly come on for that. he's probably pulling the arms out of some poor lad as we speak. he'll know what its about next time and hopefully it should have knocked some of the greeness out of him.

aww good on you for dropping the stable lad it oes mean a lot to know owners appreciate the hard work, and from the looks of your horse in the padock i think the stable lad earned that :LOL:

there were so many times horses would throw their weight around, barge over you leap about etc and you just had to smile and try and do as much as you could with out drawing attention as the crowd would always be watching, as were the tv cameras.

Calliope haha I do want to get a big framed photo of him, but maybe if he gets into winners enclosure, that would be time to do that!!

It is entered into the big sprint race at redcar(in October) which is near you, i take it. But it will have to prove its worth to take its place in that race. Fingers crossed

the angel - Did you ever go to Chester Races, or was it just national Hunt?

I go to the races alot and always back anything remotely to do with Muse (or Pearl Jam!) I get winners .. sometimes. Picking them out of the paddock gets the best results though :yesey: .. Maybe I'll get to see your horse run "in the flesh" one day :D

You mean there are other Muse horses? :eek:

Calliope haha I do want to get a big framed photo of him, but maybe if he gets into winners enclosure, that would be time to do that!!

It is entered into the big sprint race at redcar(in October) which is near you, i take it. But it will have to prove its worth to take its place in that race. Fingers crossed

the angel - Did you ever go to Chester Races, or was it just national Hunt?

i've only lead up national hunt horses, we had a few flat runners everynow and then, but i've been to chester to watch as my dad is a huge racing fan so before i could walk i was riding and watching racing, and as a child my dad would take me racing all over the place. It was my dad i have to thank you all my horsey achievements as when I was 2 i was watching the national and pointed to the tv and said i want to do that. 20 years later i still am. (although only past time now as i'm studying as well)

i shall be going to the derby though in a couple of weeks and kemptons only down the road. from where i am currently living :)

never been the Derby, but been the National. Im the same my Dad took me racing when i was bout 7 and i used to Wag school to go to Chester and Bangor on Dee races. After Chester my favourite racecourse is Cheltenham, its an atmosphere to beat many a sporting event

never been the Derby, but been the National. Im the same my Dad took me racing when i was bout 7 and i used to Wag school to go to Chester and Bangor on Dee races. After Chester my favourite racecourse is Cheltenham, its an atmosphere to beat many a sporting event

my dads from liverpool but then also grew up in chester/wrexham so much of his child hood was spent at bangor and cheester also. i've been luckey enough to lead up at cheltenham a few times and the atmosphere is electric and very nervracking, i was also very luckey to lead a winner into the old winners enclosure at aintree and my 1st winner was at bangor on dee:happy:

Archived