For me, I don't really notice lyrics unless they're really good or really bad. Muse falls under neither of those categories, most of the time. I love the lyrics at the end of Hoodoo, and "when we bleed, we bleed the same" makes me happy. And there are some that make me shudder (Escape... where do I begin with that one.)

• 1 year later...

I'll give my top 5;

1) Sing for Absolution (if there is one set of muse lyrics I think I 'get', it's these - so, needless to say, I have really don't have any idea..)

2) Hoodoo & Blackout (bit of a cop-out, but I don't want to say one is better than the other..)

3) Ruled by Secrecy

4) Explorers

5) Butterflies and Hurricanes

biggest wtf: new born (I love the song....but when I isolate the lyrics,..it's kinda :stunned: )

Invincible completly. It has the best lyrics I've ever heard. I remember when I discovered this song I cried a little :$ And when I feel awful it cheers me up... It means a lot to me, I even want to get tattoed this part "and whatever they say, your soul's unbreakable". It's perfect, there's no other way to describe it, just... Beautiful in its more pure way:'(

Fury and/or Hoodoo hands down. Matt's lyrics are usually decent at best but those two songs are as close as he's gotten to really writing great lyrics imo. The early version of Exo-Politics had some pretty good lyrics too.

Fury and/or Hoodoo hands down. Matt's lyrics are usually decent at best but those two songs are as close as he's gotten to really writing great lyrics imo. The early version of Exo-Politics had some pretty good lyrics too.

Gotta agree with this. I also think that Thoughts of A Dying Atheist had some good lyrics. Overeall his best lyrics are from 2002-2005

"Don't waste your time, or time will waste you" is a classic. So simple and yet, in my opinion, genius.

Hoodoo still has the best lyrics, probably with Exogenesis coming in second. Unsustainable and IS are pretty awesome though if you count the news reporter obvs.

Archived