Board experiences

Banter is such a lovely place though, there are many funny times. :happy:

Yeah, I don't know why but I'm always shy when joining a new community. I mean, it took me two years to build up the courage to start posting here. :facepalm:

Yeah, I don't know why but I'm always shy when joining a new community. I mean, it took me two years to build up the courage to start posting here. :facepalm:

I'm fairly shy myself, although on the internet, I just seem like a social butterfly, don't I? :LOL:

With banter, it helps if you lurk awhile and find threads you're comfortable posting in, like any other section of the forum. I really love the YMT and lurking the random picture thread. :yesey: It's not such a corrupt place like people think it is. :LOL:

I joined because my mom tried to ban the word muse in my house so i stopped talking about them and googled spider dom and for some reason the You Know Your Addicted To Muse thread came up and I thought it was funny. I lurked and read through the whole beginning and posted somewhere in the 400s. I spend alot of time in the PMT, PDT, and LOLZ threads and my only complaint is that I feel like I get blown off, ignored, and overlooked alot. But other then that everybody here is soo nice and I've even discovered other bands through some of you guys!

I joined because I love Muse and had no one to talk to about it.

Plus, I have no life :awesome:

No but really, for the most part it's been fun. My favorite part is the humor and sarcasm, I love seeing the reactions of the clueless people who don't get it :awesome:

AND we started the Cyber Muse Cover Band, which is like epic. :happy:

I joined because I love Muse and had no one to talk to about it.

Plus, I have no life :awesome:

No but really, for the most part it's been fun. My favorite part is the humor and sarcasm, I love seeing the reactions of the clueless people who don't get it :awesome:

AND we started the Cyber Muse Cover Band, which is like epic. :happy:

:yesey:

I joined cause I wanted to talk about Muse, but now I just love the converstaion here.

And the lolz thread, it is win!

I joined a few weeks after my first Muse gig.. i don't know why I hesitated.. but I wanted to meet fellow addicts. I was a Muse fan for a while before, but never went to a show or really knew any Muse fans. The gig at Carter Finley Stadium (though it was short and they were supporting U2) made me go overboard and excited about the band i just had to express it somehow, so I joined up. Started off in main muse like most, but eventually drifted off to banter which has been quite fun. I also liked the other bands part since I found some great bands through it. I feel like it's a second family, and its just an amazing community though harsh sometimes. Lots of laughs and friends since I started here, and many hours lost in sleep :LOL:

Well, I guess I joined 'cause I like forums (although this is the only one I live on) and when I discovered Muse I quickly became mildly obsessed with them and wanted to learn more. I didn't expect to get so engrossed with the messageboard, but somehow it happened. I'm pretty sure I've visited here every day since joining. I know it's only been a little over a year, but that seems a bit sad. :LOL::stunned:

Mostly by now I just hang out on here for social reasons. Have made some friends and stuff. I post in Non-Muse fairly often, but not nearly as much as Main Muse. Maybe this sounds pathetically sappy, but I think it's cool interacting with people from so many different countries and walks of life, and ages for that matter, and knowing we were all initially drawn here for the same reason. :$

Edit: Like HighRevoltage said ^, I've discovered tons of other bands I like through here as well. You can get it all on the Muse forum! :awesome:

Joined after work one night because I was bored. I went on the main website often enough to look at photos, and I'd been listening (religiously) to the music since 2005-2006, figured I may as well join the forum. That was back in 2008.

Then I forgot my password and didn't log on for about a year.... until I moved to Canada and cared enough to re-send my password. And that's that.

Overall, I've wasted too many hours on here but it's been a nice distraction from my busy and stressful life. :happy:

I had seen the link at the top of the page plenty of times but figured it was like other band's forums, where it's super slow and there's posts every other month.. so I never really went into that section of the muse site. But when I did realize it wasn't dead I decided to join.

I don't post that often but my favorite section is Other Muse Topics. Some of the threads people come up with..:chuckle:.

edit: and I almost forgot the muse lolz thread! It always cheers me up :).

I've never been a message board person. I thought "You're already spending too much time online anyway".:LOL: But then I just tried it last year and now I visit the forum every day but I'm not a regular poster. I come here for the news because I just don't have enough time anymore to look for it all by myself and there's no good music TV channels anymore where you can get the latest news about bands I like.:LOL:

I've also got to know some funny people and new bands which is also great. So now I like message boards!;)

I'm fairly shy myself, although on the internet, I just seem like a social butterfly, don't I? :LOL:

With banter, it helps if you lurk awhile and find threads you're comfortable posting in, like any other section of the forum. I really love the YMT and lurking the random picture thread. :yesey: It's not such a corrupt place like people think it is. :LOL:

Yeah, I tend to lurk there usually and then sometimes I feel like posting a bit. I think you really need to get used to the ways of Banter before posting, and that's what puts people off. But Banter is fun. I don't want to spend all my time talking about Muse. :rolleyes:

Archived