Do people that only know The Resistance get to call themselves Muse fans?

Fareseru

Favourite album  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance
    • Hullabaloo

Maybe I'm just tired about seeing all your responds where you're always correcting people and so on?

I was just hoping that I could make this post without the almighty Sippe would come and prove me wrong.

I apologize if I came of as agressive and if I thought you were trying to turn my thought around, that's the last thing I was aiming for :happy:

I hope that you weren't offended... eller att du inte kände dig träffad av mitt första inlägg.

Well...this IS a place for discussion. If I disagree I'm most definitely gonna "correct" people :)

If I would have been offended it wouldn't have been more than right, seeing as I probably offend a lot of people on here :p

But, to make my point clear. Most of the people I have seen on this board who tell people they're not true fans, are the ones who raise Muse to the skies as the best thing in the world, and if you don't love all of it, you're not a true fan. But that may just have been out of my experience. There seems to be a lot of people here lately who throw around the sentence "you're not a real fan". (Just check my signature)

Well...this IS a place for discussion. If I disagree I'm most definitely gonna "correct" people :)

If I would have been offended it wouldn't have been more than right, seeing as I probably offend a lot of people on here :p

But, to make my point clear. Most of the people I have seen on this board who tell people they're not true fans, are the ones who raise Muse to the skies as the best thing in the world, and if you don't love all of it, you're not a true fan. But that may just have been out of my experience. There seems to be a lot of people here lately who throw around the sentence "you're not a real fan". (Just check my signature)

Hehe yeah I understand that :)

I would just like to properly apologize for my respond. I read it again and I was in shock of how it made me sound :LOL: I'm not an agressive person, at all, it's just that I've been really bothered with this whole subject for a while now.

I totally agree with you on that actually. MOST people are the ones who love everything Muse does. I know there aren't THAT many of the kind I was referring to, but that's the kind I was talking ''to''. I do love all of Muse's songs and albums but I most definitely don't think that people who only likes one or to albums aren't real fans, not the ones who only like the old ones either. I think we should all just agree on that we all decide for ourselves if we're true or real fans or not. Make love not war ey? :p

Indeed. If people who only know The Resistance wants to call themselves fans, why should I care? They have every right to. But as I said earlier in the thread, I most certainly wouldn't do it. If a band has released more than 4 albums, and I only like one, I would never call myself a fan of the band. More like "Nah, That album is okay, but not to fond of the rest".

Indeed. If people who only know The Resistance wants to call themselves fans, why should I care? They have every right to. But as I said earlier in the thread, I most certainly wouldn't do it. If a band has released more than 4 albums, and I only like one, I would never call myself a fan of the band. More like "Nah, That album is okay, but not to fond of the rest".

Exactly!

Oh really? I don't know, there are a lot of bands in which I only like some songs or one or two albums and I would definitely call myself a fan. Or maybe I would call myself a fan of THAT particular album. I don't know, I think I'm with you on that point actually :happy:

I like some songs by Tokio Hotel, but I am NOT a fan :phu:

I actually discovered Muse by seeing them live. Had never even heard about them before, and got Bliss(extended) blasted in my ears without knowing it. But actually, it took at least a few months before I actually bothered to check them out :p

I like some songs by Tokio Hotel, but I am NOT a fan :phu:

I actually discovered Muse by seeing them live. Had never even heard about them before, and got Bliss(extended) blasted in my ears without knowing it. But actually, it took at least a few months before I actually bothered to check them out :p

Oh Gosh :LOL:

Wow, that must have been some discovering I imagine :stunned:

I've always wished for me to have discovered them like that actually :happy:

Oh Gosh :LOL:

Wow, that must have been some discovering I imagine :stunned:

I've always wished for me to have discovered them like that actually :happy:

Trust me, it's the worst way ever to discover them. I mean, I was standing somewhere in the back, waiting for Depeche Mode to start, and just thought "hmm, this sounds pretty good". Now I regret it more than anything that I didn't bother to check them out before. They played Take A Bow and Bliss, and I barely cared :(

Where are these people who claim to love all of Muse's music? I've never come across any. I love most of what they've done but there's the odd few tracks I don't like. Surely it's the same for most people - there will always be tracks you don't like.

Where are these people who claim to love all of Muse's music? I've never come across any. I love most of what they've done but there's the odd few tracks I don't like. Surely it's the same for most people - there will always be tracks you don't like.

Well, I'm not going to point them out. There has been quite a few, and they are the only one I have ever seen using the term "real fan". I'm not saying there are like thousands of them.

Some people seem to believe that it's a competition, who likes the most songs.

Trust me, it's the worst way ever to discover them. I mean, I was standing somewhere in the back, waiting for Depeche Mode to start, and just thought "hmm, this sounds pretty good". Now I regret it more than anything that I didn't bother to check them out before. They played Take A Bow and Bliss, and I barely cared :(

Really? Okey that doesn't sound very appealing anymore :LOL:

When was this again?

I can see what you mean, it's not a great thing to look back to I figure? Sure it must have been awesome I imagine, but looking back to it and be reminded of how you didn't really bothered with them? That can't be nice to remember :(

Really? Okey that doesn't sound very appealing anymore :LOL:

When was this again?

I can see what you mean, it's not a great thing to look back to I figure? Sure it must have been awesome I imagine, but looking back to it and be reminded of how you didn't really bothered with them? That can't be nice to remember :(

2006. Stockholm Stadion.

Bliss

Map of the Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria

Knights of Cydonia

(Take A Bow midset is very confusing)

That's' date=' erm, not too different to today's setlists...[/quote']

No, it isn't. But you have to remember that they didn't play in Sweden this summer, and in the winter we didn't get Bliss or Take A Bow. We don't really get that many chances to see these songs :p

2006. Stockholm Stadion.

Bliss

Map of the Problematique

Stockholm Syndrome

Take A Bow

Plug In Baby

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Supermassive Black Hole

Hysteria

Knights of Cydonia

(Take A Bow midset is very confusing)

wow, almost all of those songs are played today :stunned: Weird...

Except for here in sweden...

No, it isn't. But you have to remember that they didn't play in Sweden this summer, and in the winter we didn't get Bliss or Take A Bow. We don't really get that many chances to see these songs :p

You misunderstand me. I didn't mean it wasn't a special setlist, it probably was back then, I just meant, they've been playing pretty much that same set for four years now (obv with the addition of The Resistance songs). Surely they must be bored shitless by them by now.

I don't care who calls himself a fan or whatever. Honestly, why do you care?:stunned:

I don't ever call myself a fan, I just say that they're one of my favourite bands or that I love them. "Fan" has that obsessed and weird ring to it, wouldn't want to be seen like that by other people.:LOL: I love the first 4 albums, love seeing them live and like TR a bit. I just don't care if that makes me a fan, a real fan or a spaghetti.:rolleyes:

wow, almost all of those songs are played today :stunned: Weird...

Except for here in sweden...

:p We would probably have gotten both Bliss and Take A Bow...if they actually played here.

You misunderstand me. I didn't mean it wasn't a special setlist' date=' it probably was back then, I just meant, they've been playing pretty much that same set for four years now (obv with the addition of The Resistance songs). Surely they must be bored shitless by them by now.[/quote']

Oh, sorry. Well, that setlist was as a support band, so they played the greatest hits to gain new fans. The question is why they are doing the same thing at their own gigs...

Well, I'm not going to point them out. There has been quite a few, and they are the only one I have ever seen using the term "real fan". I'm not saying there are like thousands of them.

Some people seem to believe that it's a competition, who likes the most songs.

Yeah. The setlist discussions pretty much bring those out :LOL:

At the end of the day you'll always get people who like 1 or 2 songs by a band and claim to be their biggest fan because they think that they're cool by doing so, that doesn't bother me. It's when the artist themselves think this aswell thats when it becomes an issue. If people like The Resistance more than the other 4 then that's cool. I'm probably now at the stage where I'd say I like Muse's earlier work but not a fan of the latest stuff, I guess if that's still true after the next 1 or 2 albums then no I wouldn't class myself as a fan.

:p We would probably have gotten both Bliss and Take A Bow...if they actually played here.

Oh, sorry. Well, that setlist was as a support band, so they played the greatest hits to gain new fans. The question is why they are doing the same thing at their own gigs...

Yeah exactly... But hey, we're apparently not that important :p

But who can blame them? Sweden is just off when it comes to music these days :LOL:

Well, we MAKE awesome music, but no one in Sweden listens to it :(

There you go, we have great bands here and some artists too, but when it comes down to it, we just reject everything. Sweden music is run totally by stuck up business people like Bert Karlsson who can't understand music outside their own precious little bubble they call a world :facepalm:

Archived