Do people that only know The Resistance get to call themselves Muse fans?

Fareseru

Favourite album  

380 members have voted

1. 1. Favourite album

• Showbiz
    • Origin of Symmetry
    • Absolution
    • Black Holes and Revelations
    • The Resistance
    • Hullabaloo

Most of my friends love Undisclosed Desires and United States of Eurasia, and call themselves fans, and that they all "really" want to come to the Aus tour, but shouldn't they leave these positions to the true fans?

you're hilarious.

dude i started loving the Muse after hearing United States of whatever on NME radio and i love that song. Can't wait to hear Guiding Light live!!!!!! I got GA tickets and I'm showing up 6 hours early to get front row middle position. If some jerkoff tries to push me out of the way I've got 3 or 4 friends who will beat his monkey ass if he doesn't give it up. Seriously though I've banged a bunch of the Muse fans and they'll probably just let me up there!

this band is as good as COldplay and Dave Mathews Band put together amiright???

Sorry for using the term "true fans", i just meant people that respect muse for their greatest accomplishments, imo OoS. And sorry for making myself unclear, they have heard OoS and also Showbiz and pretty much hate them !!

Like when I heard OoS, I thought to myself that this is the pinnacle of rock/alternative. The lyrics, the combination of instruments, the structure, the buildups and overall the sound. I know that because they like at least one album it makes them fans, I was just angry because there are people that love Muse, every part of it, and they are going to miss out because people who like a few songs are going to get tickets first.

In some ways yes, in others no.

If you liked them from BHaR or Resistance alone. And didn't bother to look up past discography, then you can't have liked them very much to begin with.

Alternatively if you liked them ENOUGH to look up past stuff after first liking Resistance or BHaR on it's own, then you like them enough to be considered a proper fan. Which we don't have a problem with anyway.

What a gay fucking thread. :rolleyes:

You don't have to know a band's entire back catalogue to get to be 'granted' or 'worthy' of seeing them perform. I'm going to a gig tomorrow and I don't actually know the songs or the band very wel... I'll give some of their stuff a listen before I go, but I think you can become a bigger fan of a band after you've seen them play. I did that a couple of weeks ago, too... went to a punk gig and was blown away by the band I'd previously not heard of. Does that mean I'm not a 'fan' of theirs?

I hate that people assume you have to go through some sort of 'test' to be a fan of any band/music... like, 'name X song from their first album'. No.

I admit, I used to hate that Twilight fans would claim to like Muse based on one song, but that was mainly cos they were Stephenie Meyer fans and just claimed to like any shit she liked... if they genuinely thought SMBH was a good song, then why the hell can't they be deemed 'fans'? They'd be a different kind of fan to someone who knows Every song and has been to lots of gigs... but they're still entitled to like the band. 'Fan' is an arbitrary term; there's no fixed guideline to what you have to do to be classified a Muse fan.

I think people should get off their high-horses with stuff like this... Muse don't 'belong' to certain 'types' of fans - you can like them in your own way. If you only know Uprising and Undisclosed and you like those songs, you have every right to be at the show as anyone else, cos you're a fan of (some) of their music. /end rant.

Sorry for using the term "true fans", i just meant people that respect muse for their greatest accomplishments, imo OoS. And sorry for making myself unclear, they have heard OoS and also Showbiz and pretty much hate them !!

Not everyone has to like them... Showbiz is my least favorite Muse album.

When I first discovered Muse, the only music I listened to was musical soundtracks, so, of course, if someone asked me who I liked, I would say 'I'm a muse fan'.

But, now I've realised that to be a 'fan' in its pwoper sense, you need to have an appriciation of thier back catelogue. You don't have to like everything, just recognise it.

These days, a lot of people like whatever they nplay on Radio 1, which means that they aren't a fan of anyone, they just like a few tracks from different people that got popular. Well, thats the situation in the UK anyway.

What a gay fucking thread. :rolleyes:

You don't have to know a band's entire back catalogue to get to be 'granted' or 'worthy' of seeing them perform. I'm going to a gig tomorrow and I don't actually know the songs or the band very wel... I'll give some of their stuff a listen before I go, but I think you can become a bigger fan of a band after you've seen them play. I did that a couple of weeks ago, too... went to a punk gig and was blown away by the band I'd previously not heard of. Does that mean I'm not a 'fan' of theirs?

I hate that people assume you have to go through some sort of 'test' to be a fan of any band/music... like, 'name X song from their first album'. No.

I admit, I used to hate that Twilight fans would claim to like Muse based on one song, but that was mainly cos they were Stephenie Meyer fans and just claimed to like any shit she liked... if they genuinely thought SMBH was a good song, then why the hell can't they be deemed 'fans'? They'd be a different kind of fan to someone who knows Every song and has been to lots of gigs... but they're still entitled to like the band. 'Fan' is an arbitrary term; there's no fixed guideline to what you have to do to be classified a Muse fan.

I think people should get off their high-horses with stuff like this... Muse don't 'belong' to certain 'types' of fans - you can like them in your own way. If you only know Uprising and Undisclosed and you like those songs, you have every right to be at the show as anyone else, cos you're a fan of (some) of their music. /end rant.

QFT :)

The first album I heard from muse was "Origin Of Symmetry" and it BLEW my nuts off...Especially "Bliss", though...to be honest I'd have to say that "The Resistance" is my least favorite...it's only because I just don't enjoy a few of the singles....though their little opus of the triple symphonies are just utter bliss for my ears...it still doesn't supplant grace for the rest of the album...juss' my personaly opinion!

BUT THEY'LL ROCK ROD LAVER IN DEC!!!

Oh for fuck's sake.

Few years ago I used to be one of these "non-true fans" who had only heard one album from the band and considered herself a fan like any other. Every fan starts from somewhere! It's really pretentious to divide the fans into two groups like this. As if some fans were better than others, that's irritatingly egoistic.

And what does the favourite album have to do with anything at all? That's extremely offtopic.

Oh for fuck's sake.

Few years ago I used to be one of these "non-true fans" who had only heard one album from the band and considered herself a fan like any other. Every fan starts from somewhere! It's really pretentious to divide the fans into two groups like this. As if some fans were better than others, that's irritatingly egoistic.

And what does the favourite album have to do with anything at all? That's extremely offtopic.

It's a trap! Everyone who doesn't choose OoS aren't real fans!

Archived