1st time gig-goer - advice needed

SonnyZoo

Hi all.

I'll be a first-timer at Wembley on 10th Sept.

Unfortunately we've got a bit of a drive and might not be able to get on the road too early.

Could I get some advice on the likely timings at the gig,

ie It starts at 1600, but when are the boys likely to take the stage?

Many thanks in advance.

It depends on the support acts, ie. how many of them there are. it seems that theres gonna be

Lily Allen

The Big Pink

and

White Rabbits

meaning your probably looking at the support bands starting at 5 once most people are in and muse starting at about 7 or 8, i'm assuming that the support acts get about 30 to 45 mins with some changeover time, and when muse actually come on theres usually a larger wait.

This is mainly from experience though i've only been to 5 shows myself and its been different each time. i'd wait to see what other musers say as i've never been to a gig in london.

It depends on the support acts, ie. how many of them there are. it seems that theres gonna be

Lily Allen

The Big Pink

and

White Rabbits

meaning your probably looking at the support bands starting at 5 once most people are in and muse starting at about 7 or 8, i'm assuming that the support acts get about 30 to 45 mins with some changeover time, and when muse actually come on theres usually a larger wait.

This is mainly from experience though i've only been to 5 shows myself and its been different each time. i'd wait to see what other musers say as i've never been to a gig in london.

says gates open at 4. live act starts at 4 on muse.mu, is that wrong though ?

Hi all.

I'll be a first-timer at Wembley on 10th Sept.

Unfortunately we've got a bit of a drive and might not be able to get on the road too early.

Could I get some advice on the likely timings at the gig,

ie It starts at 1600, but when are the boys likely to take the stage?

Many thanks in advance.

where are you driving from?

i cant remember exact times, but muse usually come on pretty late. they do usually have a schedule on the internet for what time everyone's supposed to come on, but muse have been half an hour late both times ive seen them, so you should be fine

a semi-related question

i'm not a first time gig-goer but this will be my first time seeing muse standing, and im going wembley too

im a 5ft 4 not particularly strong girl, going with other equally short and weak girls, in the opinion of standing-at-muse-gigs veterans, are we going to be crushed to death? lol

Guys, I'm a first-time goer, and I've always wondered about.... toilet usage.

You see i'm the type of guy who brings a water bottle everywhere I go to keep hydrated. If I'm not having water every hour or so I tend to get a headache. So, my question is: how the fuck are we supposed to pee if we're waiting in line for about 4 hours, then seeing the band for another 2 hours? I don't want to lose my barrier spot!

You see i'm the type of guy who brings a water bottle everywhere I go to keep hydrated. If I'm not having water every hour or so I tend to get a headache. So, my question is: how the fuck are we supposed to pee if we're waiting in line for about 4 hours, then seeing the band for another 2 hours? I don't want to lose my barrier spot!

You check yourself at the doctor's for diabetes mellitus, diabetes insipidus and OCD.

There will be toilets inside and outside the stadium so for exa,ple whilst in the queue you should be able to pop in and out. Once you're at the barrier thats it. Popping out to the loo wont be an option as you'll never get back to it and if gates open at 4PM and muse finnishing at apox 11PM you're looking at 6-7 hours no peeing. This might not be ideal for you so maybe trying to get a decent spot on the side where you can nip back and forth from may be better.

If you have never been at the barrier, I definately wouldn't recommend wembley stadium being the first time to try it :)

lol, but srsly. i need mah water!

While you're in the queue get to know the people immediately around you and ask them to save your place while you go to the toilet, get food etc. Then, if you can, try an only drink small sips for the last hour before you go in.

Once in the stadium, if you need to go to the toilet then you will lose your position, nobody's THAT nice!:)

The Big Pink's going to suck ass in the mean time

seriously they were one of the worst acts I've ever seen in my life

Nah, Dirty Pretty Things were FAR worse than TBP!

a semi-related question

i'm not a first time gig-goer but this will be my first time seeing muse standing, and im going wembley too

im a 5ft 4 not particularly strong girl, going with other equally short and weak girls, in the opinion of standing-at-muse-gigs veterans, are we going to be crushed to death? lol

If you avoid the mad crush torwards the front middle and stay to sides you will be spot on. I always feel bad for small people being crushed as they suffer AND see nothing. Best Tip I can give if you do get trapped in crowd keep trying to jump or move with the crowd otherwise it gets worse, and move back. You probably will see alot more from the side then far back in the middle :)

If you avoid the mad crush torwards the front middle and stay to sides you will be spot on. I always feel bad for small people being crushed as they suffer AND see nothing. Best Tip I can give if you do get trapped in crowd keep trying to jump or move with the crowd otherwise it gets worse, and move back. You probably will see alot more from the side then far back in the middle :)

eat some salty food before going in with your water. It helps retain water so you won't have to pee as much. Plus, once you are on the barricade, you will be crushed, and since people tend to sweat in confined spaces, you'll be sweating out a fair bit of what was consumed.

(Every year at Warped Tour, I usually go through about 6 bottles of water/gatorade and usually don't have to pee until I get home - with doors usually at 12pm and it running until about 9pm.)

Eat some potato chips and reduce your water intake. Take a few aspirin before doors to head off your lack of water induced headache

Thanks all for the info for first-timers.

Plus it included lots of peeing advice which, believe me, as you get older becomes much more relevant.

where are you driving from?

We're coming from Great Yarmouth.

(Which doesn't look like a long journey at all on the map, but you have to allow for truly terrible roads and a large number of tractors ;))

Guest Smit
i cant remember exact times, but muse usually come on pretty late. they do usually have a schedule on the internet for what time everyone's supposed to come on, but muse have been half an hour late both times ive seen them, so you should be fine

a semi-related question

I would start near the back/sides and if you get more confident then gradually move your way closer to the middle. It does get a bit ruff at times and a mosh pit can come from nowhere around you so be aware of that. Luckly I am 6 ft so i usually dont have a problem with getting squashed but I have a few smaller friends and they seem to do fine.

a semi-related question

I would seriously consider going into the Level 1 GA seats. Everyone stands and dances through the whole gig anyway but you are raised above the level of the crowd on the floor so you get a great view. And you can sit down if you feel tired lol!

I wouldn't expect Muse on stage before 9.00 pm tbh. Depends on how long they will play, but it's usually between 1 hr 30 and 1 hr 45. Gig will finish at about 11.00pm.

I wouldn't expect Muse on stage before 9.00 pm tbh. Depends on how long they will play, but it's usually between 1 hr 30 and 1 hr 45. Gig will finish at about 11.00pm.

Muse will be on earlier for a couple of reasons:

1. Longer set - they'll be doing two hours at the very minimum, more likely two and a half hours if you include all the encore gaps, etc.

2. Noise curfews - I believe at Wembley they are 11pm like everywhere else, but on Sundays it's 10:30.

Archived