Muse Megaphone from tour 2000

Arthur

Hello there.

I was at Muse's last concert on the leg on the 2000-tour at "Lille Vega" in Cophenhagen (11/04/00) and Matt threw out his megaphone after playing "Feeling good" and I got a hand of it.

It is a Radio Shack with 99 different programmed tunes with possibility to record and play. With M.Gain and possibility to use external mic to.

It is obviously well used with a black tape wrapped around some areas (for instance the batteries wich is now taken out). But most important it works with great sound!

I am considering to sell it :$, but I need a picture from the 2000 tour where Matt uses it, so that people can see that it is same Radio Shack. Does anyone know where to find a picture of Matt using it.

Good question. Why sell it?

First of all - I never use it.

Second - I think other people could get more out of it than I. For instance someone who are playing in a band or something... And I think a pure and true fan would get more out of having it than I.

Third - I am interested how much its worth (and I will never sell it for a low price...

So how much do you guys think I could get for it? If its a good price - its yours...

Or else...you will soon find it on ebay...

:)

PS. When Muse played at Lille Vega with only 200 people they werent big, but a couple of months later they got their breakthrough (probably at the same time as Coldplay, who also played at the same venue that autumn). So we got backstage passes and drank beers with the band. Unfortunately Matt had gone to the hotellroom, but it was cool drinking beers with the rest of the band and the crew. They were really nice people I can remember, but I don't remember much more of it... Who thought they would get that big...??!

So I also got a backstage-pass from the concert wich the buyer of the megaphone will get included in the price... :)

I am just there for the music Muse create - collected items arent my thing. Really looking forward to see them in Bergen this summer!

ooh see the way i see it is when i get things from gigs, i find a sentimental value in it. like if i get a setlist i find it so exciting, ive gotten so many things at gigs i could sell but i just keep for sentimental value.

if i had gotten the megaphone i would have that thing like displayed with all my other muse stuff ya know. itd be really cool to liek get it it signed or something, then keep it in like a shadowbox. i dunno thats what i would try to do.

ooh see the way i see it is when i get things from gigs, i find a sentimental value in it. like if i get a setlist i find it so exciting, ive gotten so many things at gigs i could sell but i just keep for sentimental value.

I do the same thing. :)

I think selling band items, especially autographed memorabilia, is tacky. You're profiting off the band.

I totally understand your views and respect them.

We are moving to a new place these days, and my wife found this crappy megaphone and were about to throw it! Happily I found it before it got lost and explained the story behind (it was before she was in my life..:) I had totally forgot about the megaphone.

And since I am not the biggest Muse-fan anymore I thought someone else who are bigger fan or are inspirered by their great music for their own music could get it.

So before more people speculate if its the real thing. Here is the picture and I guarantee you that this was the megaphone he used (04/11/00):

Bilde+tatt+28.05.2010+kl.+10.43.jpg

I think selling band items, especially autographed memorabilia, is tacky. You're profiting off the band.

yeahhh, see i am huge fan of the killers and i got 2 setlists from their last tour, and i got them both signed after the shows, i could never bring myself to sell them!

same with my muse autograph i got in march, im going to frame it :)

ooh and i totally believe its the real thing. like i dunno i have stuff from bands i use to like, like signed posters and stuff, i could just never bring myself to sell them. ive actually given things to people cause they were huge fans of the bands ive gotten stuff from, and people have said theyd buy it. im not saying you should just give the megaphone away though lol. i think itd be something cool to auction off if muse ever did a charity auction or something. i mean i doubt thatll happen anytime soon, but ya know lol.

but it is ultimately up to you, even though you arent a huge fan anymore id still keep it to remember the time you were, and the concert it was at :) especially it being at a gig before they were big

Why did they have the megaphone in 2000? OoS wasnt released till 2001, what was it used for before?

AYe, read up on your Musey history a tad, chum ;).

Srsly though, don't sell it unless you desperately need the money. It's a one-off item, that, and if you're still a die-hard Muse fan, few people will get as much from it as you will :).

Archived