:LOL: I adore this thread.

Now I'll be waiting for the day when Matt walks onstage with this:

CowL.jpg

:LOL: That was beyond lame, but I am having ridiculous amounts of fun in this thread. *fights the urge to make incredibly lame joke about "MOOse"* Pleae forgive me :facepalm::p

:LOL:

...or maybe one of these:

Banjo.jpg

Here he is now! :chuckle:

banjo.jpg

Get ready for the bluegrass version of Stockholm Syndrome! Maybe they'll put out a country music album?! :erm:

I can see the headlines now: "Muse cancels four shows: singer's contaminated goat cheese to blame".

I can see it now: as the nuclear-winter-like haze gradually dissipates, some two or three years after The Catastrophe That Wiped Out Civilization As We Know It (I'm betting on either a supervolcano or an asteroid), the world will be re-booted by a preponderance of survivalist nutters (not so nutty, after all!), Mormons (ditto), and Matt Bellamy (he too was wight all along! I hope he had a can-opener along with that axe...). Should be an interesting mix.

:LOL::LOL::LOL:

Oh, this thread is fun!

Knowing Matt, I doubt he's doing it as a capitalist venture somehow. It will be about self sufficiency I expect. And he's probably still got the old joggers and baggy jumpers. :happy:

yep, I think you got it, sounds like a good move to me :happy:

:chuckle: This is awesome. Now Matt just needs to buy himself some collies and LED lights. Then, when Muse release their next album, the visuals for the stadium tour will look like this:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=D2FX9rviEhw

:LOL: Expect a Muse logo made out of sheep, running around in time to TIRO.

:LOL: :LOL: :LOL:

I really hope Matt somehow sees this thread and all of our awesome farm-related ideas ;)

:)

I don't know why you guys are all laughing.... you're so insensitive!

I, for one, am completely heartbroken to learn that Matt has bought the farm :'( :'( :'(

oh, don't be sad.Matt will make some beautiful yoddle songs

Farmer mat bellz of bel air... :facepalm: that is lame kays while on this i couldnt resist but to make this caption i tried to get the words so its easy readable.

And I had no idea matt was in to the whole nature thing which means if he came to where I live he wouldnt want to leave.

farmingcampaign.png.759785f0416e5354a8d15914215f852b.png

I do hope that either Matt or Dom buys a top-of-the-line metal detector and finds some antique metal bits of this-and-that, old Roman coins, etc. on their respective estates, hopefully beginning with Matt's Como properties. (Ancient European civ doesn't get much older than what you can dig up there... but hopefully not beneath his beloved "Bellini Bunker"!) I dunno if Dom's place in France has much in the way of acreage or even if it's urban or rural, but either way, there should still be a shot at finding something, even in a small garden or on a small lot.

Of course, if you're really serious about probing the earth, you need to use more sophisticated equipment still -- using magnetic resonance imaging, IIRC -- to seek areas of disturbed earth, variances in density, buried walls and foundations, etc., to find the many non-metallic traces of civilization.

We 'Merkins are so deprived in that way. The oldest European-settled continuously-occupied town & port in the whole continent is St. Augustine, Florida (good trivia Q., that; est. by the Spanish conquistadores in 1565 as a military fort, natch, and yes, I just googled it), but I wouldn't expect any gold coins to turn up there. OTOH, we have an easy time of it zoning for new shopping strips and gas stations without worrying about disturbing the archaeological strata of any of a half-dozen civilizations... :rolleyes::D

Skimming the Wiki article on metal detectors linked to above, I was struck by the apparent similarity that m.d. technology bears, generally speaking, to the electrical pick-ups (or is it humbuckers?) on electric guitars! Am I crazy, or aren't both devices basically [not so] distant cousins to each other, electrical-engineering-wise? Wouldn't somebody attuned to the finer points in one field have a ready acumen for the other? And if Matt should take up metal-detecting as a hobby, how long would he pursue it before approaching Hugh Manson to build a custom-designed metal detector for him...? :LOL:

Great interview! :LOL:

So wait, he bought the sheep primarily so they'd keep the grass from growing too high? Yeah, that's easier than buying a riding lawn mower. I guess. :stunned:

I'm just picturing Matt on a riding lawn mower, and that provides all kinds of entertaining mental images. :LOL:

:supersad: At least last song he has written is a master piece :'( :'( Out with a bang..

that's true :supersad:

And it's also going to be forever in our memories because it's linked to one of the greatest film franchises of all time!

This vid comes to mind now... :chuckle:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Ib-_LYxiVP4

That video is a lie!

MattKillsBirds.gif

:chuckle: sorry, i just never get tired of that gif :$

Archived