I remember wearing eyeliner for the first time, just before I left. I remember writing MUSE on my knuckles, and on my bandage, because I was in a bike accident a few days before. I remember scratching half the scabs off my face during the gig when no one saw... I remember my stupid homemade shirt. Expensive gig shirts. crappy acer food gave me a stomach ache. catching glimpses of Biffy warming up. seeing the size of the arena and going all :O Seeing where my seats where and going :D Listening to Battle Royale and getting totally pumped before Muse came on. screaming like a fangirl when the lights went off and the WAtU visuals :O

Seeing the glint of Matt's kaoss pad through the curtains and totally flipping out. The curtains falling... NEW BORN, and jumping up, but mum pulling me back down, SUNBURN and CE. everyone going what did Dom say? and me going "Julian Assange" :p

MOTP :D :D :D my favourite song. so amazing.

And Undisclosed Desires. I know a lot of people dont like that one, but the way they played it live, plus the visuals, and Dom's fucking awesome blue/red bongos or whatever... speechless.

Time is runinng out... EVERYONE SANG! I loooved that. fucking STOCKHOLM SYNDROME BOO YEAH. So amazing to witness that song... And of course, everyone chanting to knights. then the mindblowing riffage... ahh. then getting pissed off when it ended and walking back like a kilometre to the car, and then some guys shoving their muse shirts out the window of their car, and me showing my shirt back, and then listening to Sheridan, our GPS lady guide us back to the Parramatta Waldorf... haha. not going to sleep til 2am cuz I was too excited.

<3

I remember wearing eyeliner for the first time, just before I left. I remember writing MUSE on my knuckles, and on my bandage, because I was in a bike accident a few days before. I remember scratching half the scabs off my face during the gig when no one saw... I remember my stupid homemade shirt. Expensive gig shirts. crappy acer food gave me a stomach ache. catching glimpses of Biffy warming up. seeing the size of the arena and going all :O Seeing where my seats where and going :D Listening to Battle Royale and getting totally pumped before Muse came on. screaming like a fangirl when the lights went off and the WAtU visuals :O

Seeing the glint of Matt's kaoss pad through the curtains and totally flipping out. The curtains falling... NEW BORN, and jumping up, but mum pulling me back down, SUNBURN and CE. everyone going what did Dom say? and me going "Julian Assange" :p

MOTP :D :D :D my favourite song. so amazing.

And Undisclosed Desires. I know a lot of people dont like that one, but the way they played it live, plus the visuals, and Dom's fucking awesome blue/red bongos or whatever... speechless.

Time is runinng out... EVERYONE SANG! I loooved that. fucking STOCKHOLM SYNDROME BOO YEAH. So amazing to witness that song... And of course, everyone chanting to knights. then the mindblowing riffage... ahh. then getting pissed off when it ended and walking back like a kilometre to the car, and then some guys shoving their muse shirts out the window of their car, and me showing my shirt back, and then listening to Sheridan, our GPS lady guide us back to the Parramatta Waldorf... haha. not going to sleep til 2am cuz I was too excited.

<3

Yess! <3 :D But Matt was the one who said the Julian Assange thing, not Dom :p Just saying.

This is cool reading everyone's memories.

First thing I can remember is getting prepared for it in the hotel and getting muse written on my arm in purple something or other. Oh and listening to muse on amber's ipod dock in the hotel. Then we went to olympic park and parked really far away in the wrong carpark - walked to acer and when i saw the line of people and heaps of people in muse shirts i got heaps excited. Then bought a shirt :)

Umm had some shitty food in there, i remember watching all the ads for other concerts on the tv screens and laughing at the justin bieber one. Also when you bought a drink the people poured it out of the bottle into a cup, such a waste of bottles.

Then the MASSIVE wall of noise coming from inside the actual arena from biffy, i was like holy shit how loud is it gonna be when we actually get in there. Oh and then we bumped into someone from amber's mums work a few times. Went up to the top floor and i laughed at the binocular hire thing - tried to sneak underneath the curtain to look at the arena but was told to go away.

Then went back down to where our entrance was - went into the arena and HELL YEAH - best fucking seats in the house! About 30-40m away from the stage, perfect view it was unbelievable. Then i was getting really excited to see biffy even though i didn't like them at that stage (i really like them now, thanks to their awesome live performance introducing me to them). Their sound blasted through my body and i remember trying to talk to amber and the music being way too loud to even hear yourself speak

The break between biffy and muse seemed like forever because I just really wanted to see muse... but listening to some awesome songs over the speakers helped - of course DIOYY right before muse coming on was a highlight.

Then BOOM - lights out, WATU starts and the incredible walking up stairs things starts, that was so amazing i can't even describe how great it felt to be there at that moment.

Finally the curtains come down and holy shit they're actually there!!! I can see muse with my own eyes! It was a really surreal moment for me.

Uprising fucking rocked, its such a great opener. Then i really enjoyed resistance, its one of my favourite tracks off TR. New born was AMAZING - going into the riff was incredible, to watch matt rock out.

MoTp - i'm really glad they played that one of the best songs of the night

SMBH sounded so beefed up and awesome, i really loved it live way more than i thought I would.

Hysteria was fucking awesome - great to see chris go into some intense headbanging during that.

Nishe started, so i just automatically said to amber "okay USoE is next"

But then it ended and matt didn't go over to the piano and instead he was like "i'd like dedicate the next song to berkgehrgekrjgteh"(yeah i couldn't hear what he was saying)

And FUCKING CITIZEN FUCKING ERASED COMES ON!!! Highlight of the night, the riffs, the breakdown the whole song was incredible. I am so honoured to have seen it live!

USoE with collateral damage intro was epic! The SIA'S! from the crowd were really awesome and I just thought the whole song worked incredibly well with the crowd singing along.

Sunburn omg hell YES! Another highlight of the night - it was really great.

Helsinki Jam - I had this stuck in my head for hours afterwards. I've always loved this jam and seeing it live was so cool - aesthetically it was great as well with dom and chris back to back and chris rocking the fuck out

UD- Pretty cool, not my fav though

TiRO - Liked it much better than I imagined i would, the singalong was great

Starlight - Clapping along was really fun, and just a fun song in general.

PiB - Awesome as I expected, eyeball balloons were cool, didn't get to touch one though. I remember seeing them before the concert started and got really excited

Between the encore break it was so loud and I was waiting for people to start singing happy birthday to dom from the moshpit, but there was no way they would have been heard over the foot stomping.

Exo was really cool, even if the start was drowned out a bit by the noise of the crowd

SS pure epicness, what more can I say.

KoC perfect closer as always, singing along was epic and everyone was standing up for it.

Then the smoke bursted out of the stage, lights came back on and aww shit it was over :(

Oh and i completely forgot to mention the actual stage and stuff. The stage, lasers, lights and overall design weren't like anything i'd ever seen. It was an out of this world experience and i think it definitely made the songs even better. Watching videos of performances is so comparison to actually being there, it was AMAZING

Went back to the hotel and texted my friend who was at the concert but not sitting with me and talked for a bit about it. Couldn't really sleep cause i was just so pumped from it.

It was my first concert i've ever been to for any band and will be a night i'll always remember truly incredible. And its great now to have the bootleg to relive the whole night again. Can't wait to see them when they come back.

Thank you Muse for the best night of my life :D

Most vivid memory is the start of Uprising and just how crazy all of GA went. After 5 minutes I had been pushed to the very centre of the stage, having started 2nd row right in front of Matt. I remember just looking at my friend and saying 'holy fuck.'

The crowd :eek: Everyone knew all the words, everyone was just ecstatic and everyone was losing their shit and the band were loving it as well :happy:

By the encore I ended up over to the left, maybe fifth row back. SS just blew my mind. I was almost in tears.

I loved looking up and seeing the people with rear view seats just going insane, and waving to Dom everytime the drum riser was facing them and pointing to the mosh :LOL:

Such, such a good night.

Not really related about Muse, but I typed up my Study timetable for Year 12 this year. God damn this is brutal.

Any tips from post-HSC Musers on how to stick to something like this?

My suggestion would be to not stay up so late. When you have such a rigorous study schedule it will tire you out and you will need your sleep. If you are exhausted come 8.00pm you will have more trouble staying up to 10.30pm and your studying won't be as efficient.

Is there are reason you have left your weekend blank? I'd go to bed earlier and do some of the work on the weekend.:happy:

Oh & one more suggestion. If you are travelling in a car/bus/train try and make the ride recreational. Whether its music, reading whatever try and enjoy it ;)

Hope they help :D

Go to bed earlier, and use your weekends. Best advice I can give you. Sleep is useful.

And whatever you do, don't just use the study timetable to "fill" time with study. Half an hour of intensive, well-directed study >>>>> Four hours of mindless busywork. That's why I stay away from study timetables like the plague.

EDIT: Although I will mention that when it comes to study methods, I tend to be an opinionated bastard. My methods are fairly unique and I'm aware they don't work for everyone. They work brilliantly for me though.

Archived