What song would you most like played in Melbourne?  

949 members have voted

1. 1. What song would you most like played in Melbourne?

Depends if you want to be ON the barrier, or not!!

Exactly Catherine! There is a vast difference between being near the barrier and being on it, as I well know from my Oxegen experience when I was one person from the barrier.

Why do people always jump in and tell those who like to queue early they are mad, that it's unnecessary, they they shouldn't do it? WTF has it got to do with anyone?!

You get there early again girl and get that barrier again!:happy:

Exactly Catherine! There is a vast difference between being near the barrier and being on it, as I well know from my Oxegen experience when I was one person from the barrier.

Why do people always jump in and tell those who like to queue early they are mad, that it's unnecessary, they they shouldn't do it? WTF has it got to do with anyone?!

You get there early again girl and get that barrier again!:happy:

I think the point was that you CAN be on the barrier without having to line up overnight :rolleyes:

I think the point was that you CAN be on the barrier without having to line up overnight :rolleyes:

One can also be at the front of a queue and not get barrier because the dude operating the scanner is a total n00b... But one certainly has a better chance of being *exactly* where one wants to be if one gets there before most other people :) And in the end it's all a choice, there is fun to be had in queueing regardless.

No. The point mentioned was that you can get near the barrier, I believe second row and 1-2 metres were mentioned?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh lookie! I can do roll-eyes too! Damn, I'm good!

Oh and where did I mention queueing overnight? Kids:rolleyes:

I was in the first group of people to arrive at the Teignmouth entrance. We arrived at 5:30am and it was pouring with rain. We had so much fun in the queue, and there's a huge diff between being ON the barrier and a couple of meters back. Well, I think so anyway.

Chances of getting ON the barrier without queuing early? Slim, even with crowd surges etc.

I was in the first group of people to arrive at the Teignmouth entrance. We arrived at 5:30am and it was pouring with rain. We had so much fun in the queue, and there's a huge diff between being ON the barrier and a couple of meters back. Well, I think so anyway.

Chances of getting ON the barrier without queuing early? Slim, even with crowd surges etc.

I got to Wembley #2 at 10.30-ish and I squeezed onto the barrier. It's not impossible but it is VERY unlikely.

Hay people im going to my 1st gig on the 14th and just want to know if there will be any mercendise stands?

Im not sure what to expect because it is my 1st time to an event like this and i was hoping to get a tour poster and maby a shirt.

Hay people im going to my 1st gig on the 14th and just want to know if there will be any mercendise stands?

Im not sure what to expect because it is my 1st time to an event like this and i was hoping to get a tour poster and maby a shirt.

Yeah, there are. Shirts are $45 :eek:

eeeee I'm so excited! Bit sad me and my friend probs won't get barrier (both short) but ah well, got high hopes on a decent set list! and I've never really been to a big show, been to lots of gigs and festivals but nothing at a big arena! It should be a great experience :happy: Is it pretty clear where the gates are and stuff at rod laver? Sucks going somewhere that you have no idea about :chuckle:

No. The point mentioned was that you can get near the barrier, I believe second row and 1-2 metres were mentioned?? :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes:

Oh lookie! I can do roll-eyes too! Damn, I'm good!

Oh and where did I mention queueing overnight? Kids:rolleyes:

Ouch. Sorry I hit a nerve, there. Refer to my original post.

:rolleyes::rolleyes::rolleyes:

:p

Yeah there is a massive difference between barrier and even just second row.

We got to Acer at 9am, thinking we'd be all good for barrier but nope.

Tbh though I loved being second row- crazy intense, don't think I would have liked barrier more than where I was- I like being able to jump. At times it would have been nice to have something to hold on to though, but yeah

So if you don't get barrier Melbournians don't despair.

Well I'm in ballarat and I'm either getting the 10am or 9am train to melbourne, so probably get there either 12 or 11ish. I'm going with a few friends so I'm curious to how early the Melbourne musers will line up.

And how rough are Muse crowds? I went to BDO this year and was second row so I wasn't in the worst of the mosh, but heaps of people were passing out including my friend, and I probably would've too if was a few metres back. But I'm thinking the majority of the crowd were drunk and such seeing as it was Australia Day I doubt it was the highly sophisticated intelligent people that are Muse fans. Can I expect that at all haha?

Archived