209 =

MUSE

Dead Inside

8.820 -0.050 2164 +78 198 192 9.473 2164 Alternative/Active Rock/Rock/Triple A

muses amuse ! is this a bad sign ?

why they lose airplay audience impressions ????

is this normal ?

XFM said the single is released 4 May though...

209 =

MUSE

Dead Inside

8.820 -0.050 2164 +78 198 192 9.473 2164 Alternative/Active Rock/Rock/Triple A

muses amuse ! is this a bad sign ?

why they lose airplay audience impressions ????

is this normal ?

I'm not musesamuse but I'll give it my best shot. (& please correct if wrong!)

First, we can expect a 2nd week 'stabilization' from huge numbers in 1st wk bc now each day is being compared with the last week, & week before last all #'s were 0- not anymore.

But as for the audience drop, if you look at other chart indicators, you'll see that DI is up in spins in all genres & also up in # of stations playing. So my guess is- bad news- that some huge market station (LA?NYC?) dropped the # of spins from the first days, but- good news- it's now being played more often in more smaller cities. I'd say that's Warner promo- they pushed it hard the 1st days at top stations but appeal is now spreading all over, which is good.

The only question- is it catching on fast enough? I'm not sure. Mumford will be at #1 on alternative tomorrow. DI (today at #10) has *great* momentum, but others like Monsters&Men's Crystals (today at #16) might have even more. We'll see. US charts are slow & methodical, compared w rest of the world!

First, we can expect a 2nd week 'stabilization' from huge numbers in 1st wk bc now each day is being compared with the last week, & week before last all #'s were 0- not anymore.

But as for the audience drop, if you look at other chart indicators, you'll see that DI is up in spins in all genres & also up in # of stations playing. So my guess is- bad news- that some huge market station (LA?NYC?) dropped the # of spins from the first days, but- good news- it's now being played more often in more smaller cities. I'd say that's Warner promo- they pushed it hard the 1st days at top stations but appeal is now spreading all over, which is good.

Good explanation and analysis 29pearls!

Both 'Believe' and 'Dead Inside' were playlisted by all reporting US alternative rock stations monitored by Billboard (50) and Mediabase (67) in the first two days of release for each single. DI is ranked #5 in audience impressions and #11 in airplay by Billboard while 'Believe' is currently at #2 in both metrics on the latest chart. DI will slowly move up the Alternative chart in the coming weeks but it is unlikely to set longevity records achieved by supermassive hits 'Madness' and 'Uprising.'

What might Apple Beats (Jimmy Iovine, Trent Reznor, and Zane Lowe) offer Muse that Tidal and Jay Z (3% equity stake and $3 million+ upfront payments to 16 A-listers) apparently could not? Do either of these two upstarts have a chance of competing with Spotify and Deezer? Are music consumers willing to pay $120/$240 annual subscriptions to these streaming services for exclusive content?

Good explanation and analysis 29pearls!

Both 'Believe' and 'Dead Inside' were playlisted by all reporting US alternative rock stations monitored by Billboard (50) and Mediabase (67) in the first two days of release for each single. DI is ranked #5 in audience impressions and #11 in airplay by Billboard while 'Believe' is currently at #2 in both metrics on the latest chart. DI will slowly move up the Alternative chart in the coming weeks but it is unlikely to set longevity records achieved by supermassive hits 'Madness' and 'Uprising.'

What might Apple Beats (Jimmy Iovine, Trent Reznor, and Zane Lowe) offer Muse that Tidal and Jay Z (3% equity stake and $3 million+ upfront payments to 16 A-listers) apparently could not? Do either of these two upstarts have a chance of competing with Spotify and Deezer? Are music consumers willing to pay $120/$240 annual subscriptions to these streaming services for exclusive content?

Were muse definitely approached by tidal?

Note they're the only source that claims this.

i hate JIMMY IOVINE + DR DRE AND the whole BEATS enterprise

i bought headphones by dre 2,5 years ago and the quality is shit. After 6 months 50 percent of the plastic was damaged.

amazon gave me new one (warranty) and 5 weeks ago i had to send the newer ones back and they gave me my 180 euros back

what a shame

@all One question- I have read 2 years ago that BBC Radio one won't play and support MUSE anymore

but seems that they have changed their opinion because Dead inside was premiered on Radio 1

and they also play Psycho

They never said they wouldn't play Muse any more. They just didn't like Panic Station and said they'd 'have to think carefully' about future material.

They never said they wouldn't play Muse any more. They just didn't like Panic Station and said they'd 'have to think carefully' about future material.

It was a blatant grab for attention/views, and I really wish people would get over it already.

If Muse puts out a single that fits in with their current "view" of the music climate, it's not like they're going to avoid playing it just because it's Muse.

UPDATE

'Dead Inside' Billboard Charts Debuts for Week Ending 29 March 2015

#6 Rock Airplay

#11 Alternative Songs

#35 Mainstream Rock Songs

#17 Rock Digital Songs with 11k downloads sold (Psycho ranks #45 in its 3rd chart week with 30k downloads sold to date)

#13 Hot Rock Songs (Psycho ranks #33 in its 3rd chart week)

#11 Twitter Top Tracks

Adult Alternative Songs - Greatest Gainer

Apple Beats Music reportedly has been wooing several high profile acts to sign exclusive window deals to promote its new subscription streaming service to be launched later this year. Tidal got a head start earlier this week. Not sure if they ever approached Muse.

Spotify Revenue Stream Breakdown for Rights Holders (Avg $0.005 per stream):

73% Record Label

16% Publisher/Songwriters

11% Performing Artist

A track with over 100 million streams will earn only several thousand dollars for the songwriter. That is why Taylor Swift pulled her music from Spotify.

Edited by muse s'amuse

Spotify Revenue Stream Breakdown for Rights Holders (Avg $0.05 per stream):

73% Record Label

16% Publisher/Songwriters

11% Performing Artist

A track with over 100 million streams will earn only several thousand dollars for the songwriter. That is why Taylor Swift pulled her music from Spotify.

Hmm, if I use those numbers (thanks btw), the artist would get a lot more than a few thousand!

DI has 1.5M Spotify streams so far, so revenue to Muse is pretty paltry for now but song is 10 days old: 1.5Mx $0.05x 11%= $8250.

But Uprising & Madness have 63M & 61M streams respectively. 63Mx .05x 11%= $346,500- not too bad! I wouldn't turn it down.

And that's just to the artist. Matt as songwriter would get an additional cut of the publisher %.

Now, no doubt that those songwriter & artist %'s are pitiful. But with these new services coming in, hopefully artists can negotiate better numbers & threaten to leave Spotify in droves. Should be interesting!

Hmm, if I use those numbers (thanks btw), the artist would get a lot more than a few thousand!

DI has 1.5M Spotify streams so far, so revenue to Muse is pretty paltry for now but song is 10 days old: 1.5Mx $0.05x 11%= $8250.

But Uprising & Madness have 63M & 61M streams respectively. 63Mx .05x 11%= $346,500- not too bad! I wouldn't turn it down.

And that's just to the artist. Matt as songwriter would get an additional cut of the publisher %.

Now, no doubt that those songwriter & artist %'s are pitiful. But with these new services coming in, hopefully artists can negotiate better numbers & threaten to leave Spotify in droves. Should be interesting!

Thanks for sharing the Spotify stream numbers for Muse. I made a typo in my original post. I meant to say the average stream royalty per song for all rights holders including record labels is $0.005 or half a cent. It can range from $0.001 to $0.009 depending on the streaming service and whether it is free ad-supported or subscriber paid. If you re-calculate using the much lower rate, you will see the estimated artist earnings are significantly less.

http://business.time.com/2013/12/03/heres-how-much-money-top-musicians-are-making-on-spotify/

DI sold about 11,000 downloads in the US last week while Psycho has sold over 25,000 downloads to date according to Nielsen Music. Album sales and digital download sales for almost all acts have been trending downwards over the last couple years while streaming is increasing. Adele and Taylor Swift (albums) and Imagine Dragons (digital single downloads) are the exceptions.

Edited by muse s'amuse

'Dead Inside' Billboard US Chart Updates (2nd week of release):

#7(+4) Alternative Songs - 2nd Greatest Airplay Gainer after 'Believe' by Mumford & Sons

#9 Rock Airplay (Alternative, Mainstream and Triple A)

#18 Hot Rock Songs (Combines airplay, download sales, and audio and video streaming)

#27 Adult Alternative Songs (Triple A) - Debut

#30(+5) Mainstream Rock

France Singles Chart Update:

#59 'Dead Inside' - Debuted last week at #23 with 1,500 copies sold

#109 'Psycho' - 4th week

Italy Chart Update:

#23 'Dead Inside' - Airplay peak #22

#73 'Dead Inside' - Debuted at #53 a week ago on the singles chart

#94 'Psycho' - Debuted at #70 four weeks ago on the singles chart

Switzerland Singles Chart Update:

#49(-17) - 'Psycho' - 4th week

#53(+17) - 'Dead Inside' - 2nd week

Drones iTunes Album Chart as of 10 April (two months before drop date):

#5 Moldova

#13 Italy

#18 Switzerland

#22 Mexico

#23 Russia

#26 France

#29 Ukraine

#38 Belgium

#48 Hong Kong

#51 Macau

#61 United Kingdom

#68 New Zealand

#69 Canada

#71 Austria

#72 United States

#75 Australia

#84 Kazakhstan

#84 Turkey

#96 Denmark

#98 Cyprus

#117 Kyrgyzstan

#120 Israel

#123 Ireland

#125 Germany

#127 Netherlands

#129 Bulgaria

#140 Spain

#142 Japan

#198 Malaysia

#200 Indonesia

Edited by muse s'amuse

Dead Inside seems to be the #1 digital single in the "Indie & Alternative" section on Amazon.it right now

oh no

MUMFORD AND SONS released a single named BELIEVE and it will top the alternative songs chart on thursday according to Billboard.com

i think it would be difficult to reach # 1 for MUSE

'Believe' #1 for a second week appears to have peaked at US Alternative radio with stations already play-listing second single 'The Wolf' so expect a short reign at the summit.

'Dead Inside' currently at #7 at US Alternative and climbing has a chance to take the crown in the coming weeks perhaps when the official video for the track is released and the album hits retail. Some major market modern rock stations in Houston, Seattle, San Francisco, and Chicago have yet to add DI in heavy rotation so it has room to grow in spins and audience.

In the UK, DI ranks at #25 at BBC Radio One: http://hitsdailydouble.com/bbc_radio1

Mumford & Sons worth over £30m according to the Sunday Times' 2014 UK annual rich list slam Tidal...

http://www.thedailybeast.com/articles/2015/04/12/mumford-sons-diss-jay-z-s-tidal.html

Edited by muse s'amuse

What promo has Muse planned for the 9 June release of Drones in the USA?

Club show(s)??

TV live performance??

Interviews??

Apple exclusives??

Latest 'Dead Inside' US Billboard airplay chart moves:

#6(+1) Alternative (Could rise to #4 or #3 next week)

#7(+2) Rock (All formats)

#20(+7) Triple A

#27(+3) Mainstream

France:

#75(-16) 'Dead Inside' Top Singles Downloads

#167(-10) 'Dead Inside' Top Singles Streaming

#123(-14) 'Psycho' Top Singles Downloads

Edited by muse s'amuse

30 million pounds ?

and Muse ? more or less worth ?

Career touring income and album sales for Muse exceed the comparable numbers for Mumford & Sons.

2015 Wealth Rankings (except Muse) for notable 21st century UK breakthrough artists according to the Sunday Times Annual Rich List published on 26 April:

Coldplay £208m (£200m in 2014) Ghost Stories album and singles sales plus new album and tour in 2015/16

One Direction £125m (£70m in 2014) $300 million plus grossing stadium tour last year almost doubled their worth plus more stadium gigs and new album in 2015

Muse £80-90m estimated pre-tax earnings per FORBES.com - New Album to be released in June 2015 plus tour in 2015/16

Calvin Harris £70m

Adele £50m

Arctic Monkeys £45m

Mumford & Sons £40m

Ed Sheeran £20m

Ellie Goulding, Jessie J, Leona Lewis £13m each

Sam Smith, Florence Welch £12m each

Olly Murs £10m

Edited by muse s'amuse

It means Muse is worth more ..... The numbers will be based on album/single sales . Tour ticket sales against production estimates. As well as all other things Muse my guess things such as merchandise etc.

Edited by Execution Commentary

Drones singles climbing the US Billboard airplay charts for the week ending 19 April:

#4(+2) 'Dead Inside' Alternative Songs (Billboard & Mediabase)

#19(+1) 'Dead Inside' Triple A

#23(+4) 'Dead Inside' Mainstream Rock Songs

#35(NEW) 'Psycho' Mainstream Rock Songs

DI is also ranked at #10 at BBC Radio One with 22 plays the past week.

Muse is the 11th most followed UK artist on Spotify (1.5 million) and 44th overall.

iTunes album and singles chart positions of Drones and first two released tracks in selected countries as of 22 April 2015:

#15 Mexico #106 DI, #112 Psycho

#19 Switzerland #51 DI, #77 Psycho

#30 Italy #33 DI, #102 Psycho

#31 Austria #99 DI, #150 Psycho

#45 Russia #66 DI, #81 Psycho

#47 Belgium #127 DI, #190 Psycho

#55 France #95 DI, #140 Psycho

#56 Ukraine #187 DI, #125 Psycho

#60 Netherlands #54 Psycho

#76 United Kingdom #78 DI, #160 Psycho

#78 Spain

#155 Australia #188 DI, #180 Psycho

Edited by muse s'amuse

hmm not sure how to judge their new era yet

i don't think that PSYCHO and DEAD INSIDE are awesome songs like MADNESS or UPRISING or SUPERMASSIVE

plus Its sad, that they CANNot repeat the mainstream top 40 success of UPRISING (it reached #23 on the mainstream top 40 charts /pop songs ) in 2013

the audience impressions of MADNESS was 44,000,000 but DEAD INSIDE reached only a mere 10,000,000

and DI has not reached hot 100 in the us yet ??

UK Certification: 'Time Is Running Out' Silver (200,000) BPI - Fifth Muse single to attain this sales mark

Muse in Italy: 730,000 est. albums sold (2000-2015)

http://worldwidealbums.blogspot.nl/2015/04/artisti-con-piu-album-venduti-stime-in.html

'Dead Inside' Latest Weekly European Chart Positions:

#19(+4) Italian Airplay

#76(-3) Italian Top Singles

#107(-32) French Top Singles

Edited by muse s'amuse

'Dead Inside' rises to #3(+1) at US Alternative Songs according to Billboard. It may top the chart next week in its sixth week of release, the same number of weeks it took 'Madness' and 'Uprising' to reach the summit.

BBC Radio 1 Airplay for DI last week: 21(-1) plays

Debut Week Album Sales Comparisons:

The 2nd Law/Ghost Stories/Babel:

108k/168k/159k UK Winner: Coldplay

102k/383k/600k US Winner: Mumford & Sons

90k/52k/3k France Winner: Muse

475k/1023k/951k Worldwide est. (http://www.mediatraffic.de) Winner: Coldplay

How many copies will Wilder Mind and Drones sell in their first weeks of release in May and June 2015, respectively? Stay tuned.

Edited by muse s'amuse