RADIOACTIVE for a 11th week # 1 maybe next week muse

Edited by panicstation8400

according to mediabase

Panic station reaches # 3 this week

madness # 10

but mediabase positions differ from the alternative songs position

RADIOACTIVE for a 11th week # 1 maybe next week muse

according to Billboard

Panic Station moves down from #2 to #3 on Alternative Songs this week overtaken by Sweater Weather by The Neighbourhood. Some large market stations such as KROQ still have Madness in heavy rotation compared with the play count for PS.

The debut of the music video for PS should cause the track to climb the Rock Songs chart. It has been holding steady at around #35 the past three weeks. Unfortunately, it appears it does not have enough points to debut on the new Hot 100 chart. It does not rank in the Top 400 on iTunes in the US but does have over 5 million weekly audience compared with about 28 million for Madness according to Nielsen BDS/Billboard. A song needs about 50k chart points to debut on the Hot 100. PS only has about 10k (combination of digital download sales, radio audience impressions and streaming views/plays on services such as YouTube and Spotify).

Madness had another good week at American pop radio reaching a new peak of 14 million weekly audience impressions and over 3k plays according to Mediabase.

Madness has also now spent 36 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 on Alternative Songs. Uprising spent an amazing 43 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 on the same chart during 2009-10.

Edited by muse s'amuse

"O Canada!"

Box Office Chart Performance for Muse*

TR 2010: USD 3.7 million Tour Gross (6 shows/6 cities)

T2L 2013: USD 4.6 million Tour Gross (8 shows/6 cities)

TR 2010: 71,000 Attendance - Avg ticket price USD 52

T2L 2013: 83,000 - Avg ticket price USD 55

*Estimates for T2L. Will be updated when actuals are reported by Billboard and Pollstar.

Click below for the latest ranking for Muse on the Top 20 Concert Tours in North America:

http://music.yahoo.com/news/top-20-concert-tours-pollstar-214845584.html

Edited by muse s'amuse

madness # 9 up from # 10

not bad

and that PS falls 1 position could be a sign that it had its peak at # 2

i dont think that the release of the video would help, it is ignored by tv totally

madness # 9 up from # 10

not bad

and that PS falls 1 position could be a sign that it had its peak at # 2

i dont think that the release of the video would help, it is ignored by tv totally

Panic Station climbed the Hot Rock Songs chart from #36 to #27 this week due to small increases in airplay and sales. The release of the music video helped the song gain streaming points, too. PS would probably rank somewhere between #126 and #150.

It is worth noting that current alternative songs by the Neighbourhood, Capital Cities, Phoenix and 30 Seconds to Mars still have not entered the Billboard Hot 100 chart. These songs all rank in various positions from #101 to #125.

Madness now has sold over 40,000 copies in the US for ten straight weeks bringing its cumulative sales to date to 1,226,000. It ranks at #2 on the Billboard Hot 100 recurrent chart right behind Gangnam Style and is still in the top 50 on each of the three component charts (sales, airplay and on-demand/streaming) which make up the Hot 100.

Edited by muse s'amuse

High profile artists generally make 70-80% of their earnings from touring concert ticket sales and merchandise sales.

Below is a line item break-down of estimated hypothetical revenue streams for Muse in the U.S. after the release of T2L and the start of the first U.S. leg of the concert tour:

$5 million - Touring (28 shows) - $15 million Gross x .33 (what is left after tour costs and promoter and booking agent fees are paid) - Avg ticket price $57 x 270k attendance

$800k - Tour merchandise sales - 270k ticket buyers at $3 per head

$800k - Album sales - 400k x $2.00 (assuming a 15-20% royalty rate and album retail cost ranging from $10-$12)

$300k - Royalties and Fees (Songwriting/Publishing, Performance, Streaming, Synch)

$200k - Single sales for Madness, Survival, Panic Station (1.3 million x 10-15% royalty rate) assuming a 30/70 split between Apple/Amazon and the record label and a 50/50 split between the songwriter and the publisher and the cost of the single ranging from $.99 to $1.29

$5 million/$7 million = 71.4%

Record label recoupment costs totaling $1 million or more and management fees of 15-20% and various taxes (state and federal in the U.S. and the UK) ranging from 45-50% must also be taken into account and be paid.

The U.S. represents about 16-20% of the market for Muse. You can do the math to figure out the totals for other territories and globally for the above revenue streams.

It is rather shocking artists make so little money from record sales especially singles. Bands also get no money from songs being played on terrestrial radio stations but the songwriters do get royalties along with the publisher.

Musician Digital Royalties Chart

https://docs.google.com/spreadsheet/ccc?key=0Aqe2P9sYhZ2ndE9iZHhWc0pMcDlCdmxNdmFRQXRPY3c&hl=en_GB#gid=0

Edited by muse s'amuse

so happy that 30seconds didn't reach the hot 100,

this era they are flopping

MUSE Panic Station 8.013 +0.078

for the first time they reach 8 million limit

on the other hand madness still has 41 million , and stations like kroq have ps only in the top 30 of their playlist

Sales Certifications Awarded to Muse for Albums and Singles

United Kingdom (8)

3x Platinum - Black Holes and Revelations

2x Platinum - The Resistance

Platinum - The 2nd Law

Platinum - Absolution

Platinum - Origin of Symmetry

Gold - Showbiz

Silver - HAARP

Silver - Hullabaloo

Source: BPI

Australia (7)

Platinum - The Resistance

Platinum - Black Holes and Revelations

Platinum - Absolution

Platinum - Origin of Symmetry

Gold - Showbiz

Platinum - Undisclosed Desires

Gold - Uprising

Source: ARIA

United States (7)

Gold - The Resistance

Gold - Black Holes and Revelations

Gold - Absolution

Gold - HAARP

Platinum - Uprising

Platinum - Madness

Gold - Starlight

Source: RIAA

France (5)

Diamond - The Resistance

3x Platinum - The 2nd Law

Gold - HAARP

Platinum - Uprising

Source: SNEP

Canada (5)

Gold - The 2nd Law

Gold - Black Holes and Revelation

Gold - Absolution

Platinum - Madness

Source: MC

Switzerland (5)

Gold - The 2nd Law

Gold - Absolution

Gold - Origin of Symmetry

Source: IFPI SWI

Italy (4)

Platinum - The 2nd Law

Platinum - Madness

Gold - Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever)

Source: FIMI

Ireland (3)

Gold - The 2nd Law

Source: IRMA

Germany (2)

Gold - The Resistance

Gold - Black Holes and Revelations

Source: BVMI

New Zealand (2)

Gold - The 2nd Law

Source: RIANZ

Edited by muse s'amuse

according to mediabase

IMAGINE DRAGONS at # 1 on alternative songs (could beat Muse madness with the ammount of weeks by a few weeks)

madness up from # 10 to # 9

Panic station falls from # 3 to # 4

it is very likely that Ps has reached peak last week with # 2

$44 million - Estimated Box Office Gross for the T2L tour (Sept 2012-April 2013) thus far from the 67 shows in Europe, Japan, the US and Canada

Another $35-40 million is forecast for the 20 stadium shows this summer in Europe before the 2nd US leg commences in September.

Madness sold another 42k downloads in the US last week while T2L sold 4k copies.

Interesting development: Because of the performance on "The Voice" of Starlight by one of the reality show contestants, it may sell more digital downloads this week in the US than Uprising for the first time since 2009.

On the Billboard Hot 100 recurrent chart Madness has spent the last four weeks in the Top 4 and has also extended its current streak of 37 consecutive weeks in the Top 10 on Alternative Songs and still ranks in the Top 25 at pop radio.

#4 Panic Station has been leapfrogged by two songs (Sweater Weather & Safe and Sound) on the Alternative Songs chart the past two weeks. The gap between Radioactive (12 weeks at #1) and the #2 song is now less than 200 spins.

Panic Station (Official Music Video) has now been viewed over 1.1 million times on YouTube in the past three weeks. I like the concept and Tom Kirk's direction and camera work. Dom A and Morgan and Kate are featured too. Foo Fighters have made hilarious videos in the past. Why not Muse?

Muse MVs ranked by view counts on YouTube:

Uprising 49 million

Supermassive Black Hole 35 million

Madness 32 million (The lyric video for this track has an additional 10 million views)

Undisclosed Desires 28 million

Resistance 27 million

Starlight 26 million

Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) 24 million

Edited by muse s'amuse

it is very likely that Ps has reached peak last week with # 2

I don't think so, considering that PS hasn't even been released as a single yet. I believe after the June 3rd they should be starting to push this song to get even more popular :)

I don't think so, considering that PS hasn't even been released as a single yet. I believe after the June 3rd they should be starting to push this song to get even more popular :)

yes thats possible

i think muse are like daft punk, they are not eager to have hits,

with a better management and strength they couild have another hit

by the way 42,000 sold copies of madness last week is not bad

it s not impossible that by the end of that year it would have sold 2 million

i think muse are like daft punk, they are not eager to have hits

wat

daft punk

they are not eager to have hits

wat

I just hope Muse will shrug off that "breaking through the charts" thing, though. It's fine if they are genuinely interested in making that sort of music and actually come up with something 'uniquely' theirs, but not so much if they have to go for genre-hopping on the latest trends or something.

Muse MVs ranked by view counts:

Uprising 49 million

Madness 31 million (The lyric video for this track has an additional 9 million views)

Undisclosed Desires 28 million

Resistance 27 million

Starlight 26 million

Neutron Star Collision (Love is Forever) 23 million

SMBH video is at 35 million. It's quite hilarious though as the picture quality is 144p, I don't think many of us even remember that being a thing (and only less than 7 years ago!). I guess they don't want to lose the views with a re-upload. It's dubbed "alternative live version", I have no idea why. Musewiki states "There is also an alternate Supermassive Black Hole video which Thomas Kirk directed. It is a simple live performance by the band. In this video, Matt has his Kaoss Manson and Dom wears pink trousers." but this is clearly the official one in terrible quality.

according to mediabase

IMAGINE DRAGONS spend another week at # 1 on alternative songs

while panic station still # 4

weirdly MADNESS still in the top 10

it will be hard for ps to reach number 1

SAFE AND SOUND could reach # 1 by the next weeks

IMAGINE DRAGONS-- RADIOACTIVE is the most played alternative song this year so far

and the most played song on kroq for example

SMBH video is at 35 million. It's quite hilarious though as the picture quality is 144p, I don't think many of us even remember that being a thing (and only less than 7 years ago!). I guess they don't want to lose the views with a re-upload. It's dubbed "alternative live version", I have no idea why. Musewiki states "There is also an alternate Supermassive Black Hole video which Thomas Kirk directed. It is a simple live performance by the band. In this video, Matt has his Kaoss Manson and Dom wears pink trousers." but this is clearly the official one in terrible quality.

Thanks for letting us know about the view count for SMBH. I updated my post above to reflect this correction.

SMBH remains the highest charting Muse song on the Official UK Top 40 singles chart. It peaked at #4. The song has also spent more than 6 years (317 weeks and counting) on the UK Rock chart.

http://www.bbc.co.uk/radio1/chart/rocksingles

SMBH has also appeared on 3.8 million records (albums and single) in the USA:

Twilight (Soundtrack) - Track #1 - 2.8 million copies sold

Black Holes and Revelations - Track #3 - 800k copies sold

SMBH - Single Download Sales - 200k copies sold

Muse has had 29 charting singles in the UK. Below are the rankings of the highest charting songs for each Muse album release in the UK:

#20 Unintended - Showbiz

#11 Plug in Baby - Origin of Symmetry

#13 Dead Star/In Your World - Hullabaloo

#8 Time Is Running Out - Absolution

#4 Supermassive Black Hole - Black Holes and Revelations

#54 Feeling Good - HAARP

#9 Uprising - The Resistance

#22 Survival - The 2nd Law

Edited by muse s'amuse

according to mediabase

IMAGINE DRAGONS spend another week at # 1 on alternative songs

while panic station still # 4

weirdly MADNESS still in the top 10

it will be hard for ps to reach number 1

SAFE AND SOUND could reach # 1 by the next weeks

IMAGINE DRAGONS-- RADIOACTIVE is the most played alternative song this year so far

and the most played song on kroq for example

Thanks for providing the Mediabase PS update.

Panic Station also holds at #4 on the Billboard Alternative Songs chart but is still gaining airplay spins and audience although at a slower pace than Sweater Weather and Safe and Sound. Either one of these songs could dethrone Radioactive as soon as next week. The gap is fewer than 100 plays.

Madness now has sold 1.3 million downloads in the US and could leave the top 10 on the Alternative chart next week after 38 weeks in the top tier.

Starlight did re-enter the iTunes Top 200 singles chart for a few days this week after the song was performed Monday on The Voice on NBC television in the US. It actually sold more copies last week than the cover version.

Edited by muse s'amuse

i hope that SAFE AND SOUND will soon reach # 1 on alternative songs

otherwise it could be dangerous for muse and their record breaking MADNESS

Panic station is on a good way to reach 10 million audience impressions

no song of backstreet boys are not ranked here why . i think there is being a partiality here

"Chart history stats for Muse"

Muse

I may be getting you wrong though.