SMBH used as wake-up call for space shuttle Atlantis

bunerz

Smells like a Muser at Mission Control :awesome:

Or a wry sense of humor :chuckle:

oh hey what an amazing avi you have there

So really, they happen to play a pretty mediocre song through a sound system with the intention of waking someone up.

cool_story_bro.jpg

YEAH BUT IN SPACE.

This was also the very last flight for Atlantis. Only 2 more shuttle missions after this one. So the last song played on the last flight of Atlantis was SMBH! The ISS missions(the program I work for) are ongoing though. However, they don't wake the crew with music on ISS. Sadly this year will likely see the last of this tradition.

It being the last flight for Atlantis makes me sad, but it's really awesome that Muse got to be associated with something so special on the last flight. :)

There's an audio file for this event if you wanna hear.

There's a link of the file in this myspace article

http://www.myspace.com/music/blog/2010/5/26/nasa-shuttle-lands-in-florida-and-immediately-listens-to-muse

OMFG there's actual proof?! :eek: This is so epic!! :awesome:

I really hope Matt hears about this (if he hasn't already) cos i reckon he'd be pretty damn chuffed! :D

• 2 months later...
This was also the very last flight for Atlantis. Only 2 more shuttle missions after this one. So the last song played on the last flight of Atlantis was SMBH! The ISS missions(the program I work for) are ongoing though. However, they don't wake the crew with music on ISS. Sadly this year will likely see the last of this tradition.

That sucks. But at least the guys will have some satisfaction in knowing how important and significant this was.

Now, since we played their song in space, I demand that they must repay us by coming back to Houston! Now!...maybe?...please? :supersad:

That sucks. But at least the guys will have some satisfaction in knowing how important and significant this was.

Now, since we played their song in space, I demand that they must repay us by coming back to Houston! Now!...maybe?...please? :supersad:

THIS!

Though I am happy with ACL and Voodoo---almost as good.

Archived