No offence to Irish fans, but you getting what we didn't the night before is seriously a kick in the teeth. Especially since they never played anything off OOS at the Glasgow gig either.

I feel sorry for you guise, I really do.

I'd forgotten they did that set, and when I looked at it tonight after thinking about it earlier, I just facepalmed at how much they just don't even bother putting effort into their setlists anymore... :noey:

Oxegen was the only time this tour Muse have put effort into a setlist to do something positive for the crowd...

Probably because it had rained continually for the last 3 days and they felt a bit sorry for us all standing there completely drenched. It rained at T though didn't it?

/excuse fail.

As soon as they wheeled out the piano at the BDO, I stared around frantically for the megaphone, waited a minute or so to see if they'd bring it out, and then they soundchecked the piano... I joyously declared, "YAY, WE'RE NOT GETTING FEELING GOOD!" :LOL:

The megaphone was spotted at Oxegen but wasn't used. Interesting.

I know! I know a fan from Africa who feels that she has no hope of ever seeing them. I remember a little while back on some site the British Muse fans were getting mad at the American Muse fans because Muse were touring too much in America and not enough in Britain (yeah right). Then the Americans got mad because this was the first proper tour they had ever done in America, even though they've been in Britain loads. The African fan put everyone in their place though by saying they're lucky to even see them XD

/random story

:rolleyes:

Anyone remember this setlist from Japan? My God, I don't know what the hell happened to Muse.

- 22 songs + Forced In instrumental and plenty of riffs/interludes that I didn't include.

- This was only an arena gig AND an album ago.

- The set has a piano section of 4 songs + end of CE.

- The set lacks any real cheese, excluding the SP + Invincible combo, but the momentum is quickly regained with SMBH and SS.

- Completely random order. This setlist was completely different to the next one in ordering of the songs alone.

- Although it's true that all of these songs are either singles or BH&R songs (excluding CE), they've played their not so well known singles, e.g. AP, SFA.

- TWO ENCORES! Muse have only played more than one encore this tour in the stadium gigs.

:facepalm:

Unless I'm reading wrong, they have played two encores at the stadium gigs

http://www.musewiki.org/Bern_Stade_de_Suisse_2010_(gig)

Unless they put the set list wrong. I agree that the setlist you posted was killer though.

Also, for set lists on this tour, I don't expect one like that. But hell, I'd just take this set list

http://www.musewiki.org/Punchestown_Racecourse_2010_(gig)#Set_list

plus New Born, piano song or two (Feeling Good, Ruled By Secrecy, Sunburn), plus MK Ultra, plus MotP, and for stadium gigs, plus Take a Bow, Exo Part 1, and B&H. Thats only 19-20 for arena gigs and 22-23 for Stadium gigs. Not too much to ask right? All regulars in, plus a few fan favorites that aren't regulars like CE, Bliss, MK, and B&H. I mean dream set list would change it up a little but for a realistic set list for this tour, that could work couldn't it?

eh. set list I got at show I went to wasn't particularly great (And every song they played opening for U2 got played again, was hoping for something a little different, but it didn't matter anyway) but I still had an amazing time. But I haven't been to a ton of shows, so I guess that changes things, im sure i might be tired of the set list if i went to many.

I know! I know a fan from Africa who feels that she has no hope of ever seeing them. I remember a little while back on some site the British Muse fans were getting mad at the American Muse fans because Muse were touring too much in America and not enough in Britain (yeah right). Then the Americans got mad because this was the first proper tour they had ever done in America, even though they've been in Britain loads. The African fan put everyone in their place though by saying they're lucky to even see them XD

/random story

But ya. I really do sympathize for the fans in areas that Muse never tour.

They played a festival in south Africa in 2008, therefore your friends argument is invalid.

What's this the Scandanavian "rehearsal gigs" comment that people are referring to? :erm:

Probably how the October 2009 gigs in Finland, Sweden, Norway, etc. were regarded by Muse themselves as "warm-up gigs" due to the fact that they had just done a series of support slots on the American U2 tour and didn't have the time to properly prepare for their own European tour.

Probably how the October 2009 gigs in Finland, Sweden, Norway, etc. were regarded by Muse themselves as "warm-up gigs" due to the fact that they had just done a series of support slots on the American U2 tour and didn't have the time to properly prepare for their own European tour.

Yes I think they (or Matt, to be exact) said so themselves.

And they are saying the similar thing for the stadium tour, saying the UK stadium dates would get the better performance after doing rehearsals in Europe.

Yes I think they (or Matt, to be exact) said so themselves.

And they are saying the similar thing for the stadium tour, saying the UK stadium dates would get the better performance after doing rehearsals in Europe.

Thank God I'm going to Wembley then. Stade de France was pretty epic though.

At best:

Uprising

Supermassive Black Hole

New Born

Map of the Problematique

MK Ultra

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Hysteria

United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires