Save for Starlight, Rock For People looked like it had a solid setlist. Thank the FSM that the piano rejected Feeling Good, that setlist looks like the best all season.

I like Starlight a lot and enjoy it live, I'd be disappointed to not hear it. And while I'd much rather a better song replace Feeling Good, if the choice is Feeling Good or nothing, I'd take Feeling Good over no song.

To each his own i guess

Oh dear. What a terrible, terrible set list. I feel sorry for all those from here going to Oxygen today.

And yes, Muse are wankers... just look at the set V Festival got in 2008 to the shit that they played last night. 'Freedom to play older songs' Dom said (or something like that)... where are these songs?! Muse want to do as little as possible with the least amount of effort. There are nothing special about either the festival shows or the cheese of a stadium tour (well, apart from B&H coming back once) and with a really bad arena tour where quiet frankly I wasted money on them... this is one hell of a shit Muse tour.

I can't believe the 'best live band' back in 2004(?) has turned into this pile of shit.

Right... back to bed... to listen to non-Muse stuff. :LOL:

[/bIG rant]

I never went to one of the earlier crazier performances, though I've seen them and yes, I'd kill to go to one of those. But, the arena show I went to, I was not disappointed. I did not feel I wasted my money. I'd gladly see it again. Multiple times. I enjoyed it a ton. And while my list of bands I've seen isn't that large (its growing. at about like 15 right now), so far, Muse has been the best I've seen live. Only one other band I've seen has even come close.

Again, to each his own, but while Muse could do better, to call them a pile of shit is a stretch.

Sometimes it's good to have your expectations set really low for them like I have, that way you're never disappointed.

:LOL: Indeed.

The reaction to these festival performances compared to peoples amazed and uber-envious reactions after they played V 2008, it's pretty funny.

:LOL: Indeed.

The reaction to these festival performances compared to peoples amazed and uber-envious reactions after they played V 2008, it's pretty funny.

Pretty much every gig in 2008 had something special in it (song wise, not tacky stage stunt wise)

Their lies are getting tiring, their false promises are getting pathetic, and I really have no reason to like the band anymore.

A band that can't do anything for their fans doesn't deserve to be admired by anyone.

I don't know, the second and third albums are pretty good. But like the setlists its always the same songs every time you listen to them :(

They are such a lazy bunch of arseholes Muse...they, through the management or whatever set up these polls to actually maybe play what the fans wanted and they don't fucking listen! It's just a load of shit but all of these sites like NME will keep bumlicking the performances because of some lights. It's a load of bollocks.

And Muse will keep thinking that everyone loves them no matter what they do.

Exactly, nothing can actually stop them from doing what they want (except health and safety lol). If matt wants shitty, static setlists filled with new album songs and greatest hits thats what we will get unfortunately. Wanker.

Can't believe I actually thought they would properly do the setlist polls instead of playing Citizen Erased/Bliss once in a while...CUNTS.

Sometimes it's good to have your expectations set really low for them like I have, that way you're never disappointed.

Though somehow they managed to do even worse than said expectations. The fuckers.

Oh dear. What a terrible, terrible set list. I feel sorry for all those from here going to Oxygen today.

And yes, Muse are wankers... just look at the set V Festival got in 2008 to the shit that they played last night. 'Freedom to play older songs' Dom said (or something like that)... where are these songs?! Muse want to do as little as possible with the least amount of effort. There are nothing special about either the festival shows or the cheese of a stadium tour (well, apart from B&H coming back once) and with a really bad arena tour where quiet frankly I wasted money on them... this is one hell of a shit Muse tour.

I can't believe the 'best live band' back in 2004(?) has turned into this pile of shit.

Right... back to bed... to listen to non-Muse stuff. :LOL:

[/bIG rant]

Their lies are getting tiring, their false promises are getting pathetic, and I really have no reason to like the band anymore.

A band that can't do anything for their fans doesn't deserve to be admired by anyone.

Feel the love :yesey:

Funniest thing is, 6-7 years down the track many fans will look back on The Resistance tour through rosy-tinted glasses, as the happy days when Muse still actually played their old songs. Because the oldies will keep dropping out as time goes on and albums keep on coming, eventually even the singles. Just mark my words :p

:LOL: And the fact they don't play the good songs on the album much too...

Oh yeah thats what I was getting at. Obviously The Resistance is going to get most of the focus but the songs they play frequently are dreadful and don't work live that well :LOL: I read on another forum about how people thought Glasto had a bad set, and it wasn't because of Feeling Good or Starlight, it was that Muse only played the first 5 songs from The Resistance, so it's not just us miserable lot that feel the sets are lacking.

As for the old stuff, playing CE/Bliss is great (even if management have basically told them they have to), and if they had started the tour playing one or two songs of that 'standard' (i.e. old regulars/lesser known singles) and less focus on the 'drab' of the new album then I don't think there would have been so much moaning, although a lot of the moaning is about the unity. Unite in your disappointment of Muse! :awesome:

To me, the set really starts to lose it with Unborn. That song is so fucked up now, it's just not how it used to be. I just remember the anticipation with Matt on piano thinking "Oh man, this riff is gonna be insane" but I just don't get that feeling anymore! Luckily Chris, can keep it beefed up with his bass. SMBH and MOTP did sound rather beefy, mind, at T in the Park, just watching now.

They still sound good but setlist wise the effort is really lacking. And you would've thought they'd be playing Neutron Star Collision a lot more if it was a top 20 single in the UK (though thats a blessing for most people - I like that song though).

This is why Green Day is overtaking Muse as my favourite band - at Wembley we got a song played on a fan request (a song played/sung by the drummer no less) and they mix their setlists up much more frequently (they recently ditched 'The Static Age', which has been a tour regular, for a different album track that has only been played 10 or so times before).

I wish Matt would just man up and finally do Hyper Music live. They've soundchecked it a gazillion times live, I think we all know it's probably Matt that is the one who doesn't want to sing it live :erm:

It's probably because the theme doesn't fit their 'theatric' performance. Guiding Light, Feeling Good, can't you just feeeeel the emotion?! SO THEATRICAL.

Fuck you, Muse.

Based on what they've played on this tour, worst possible realistic set:

Uprising

Resistance

New Born (Matt doesn't play piano)

Neutron Star Collision

Guiding Light

Interlude + Hysteria

United States of Eurasia

Feeling Good

Soldiers Poem

Unintended

Undisclosed Desires

Starlight

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Plug In Baby

Stockholm Syndrome

Knights of Cydonia

A great set:

MK Ultra

Map of the Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Uprising

Bliss

Butterflies and Hurricanes

Citizen Erased

United States of Eurasia

Ruled By Secrecy

Cave

New Born

Resistance

Undisclosed Desires

Time Is Running Out

Unnatural Selection

Take a Bow

Plug In Baby

Dead Star

Stockholm Syndrome

Sunburn

Knights of Cydonia

Alas, that is more hopeful than likely :(

We thought that last time, Matt said that last time. Look what happened! Muse are travelling theatre now, the band sometimes re-appear (2008) but the 'band on tour' ended in 2004 really.

A great set:

MK Ultra

Map of the Problematique

Supermassive Black Hole

Uprising

Bliss

I have a good feeling there gonna use MK Ultra to open at each of the Wembley shows, don't ask why but im sure it will happen :p

And why not:

- they've played it a few times now

- It's off the album there promoting

- they know the fans want it

- and it will give an epic opening just like KoC did in 2007

I live in hope atleast :rolleyes:

I have a good feeling there gonna use MK Ultra to open at each of the Wembley shows, don't ask why but im sure it will happen :p

And why not:

- they've played it a few times now

- It's off the album there promoting

- they know the fans want it

- and it will give an epic opening just like KoC did in 2007

I live in hope atleast :rolleyes:

I was hoping that MK Ultra would be the standard festival opener, but I guess its not. Only sometimes.

IMO when theres no intro like at a festival, much better opener than Uprising.

And it should be a regular from The Resistance. Guiding Light should not. And US should be a regular, and UD (which is boring as hell live) should not. Thats not even getting into classic songs, just if they are going to play 5 songs from the Resistance.

Archived