Best Songs to Introduce Someone to Muse?

TrebleRose689

Skip the cds. Just go straight to a YouTube of a live performance. No one tops them live. :happy:

:yesey:

I tried to convert my friend and showed her Citizen Erased and she didn't like it :noey:

then I tried with Uno and it was a WIN! :D

Well.....

I put on Space Dementia for my Dad while we were driving somewhere today (one of the first songs of theirs he's heard) and it.... didn't have great results. :p

"I would go crazy if I had to listen to these guys all day."

:'(

So note to self and everyone else: Do NOT introduce someone to Muse via Space Dementia. :LOL:

I would recommend not trying Micro Cuts... It doesn't work. But maybe try Time is Running Out, Stockholm Syndrome, Bliss, or Resistance.

I introduced two people with Micro Cuts actually, and they loved it, one of them being my sister who listens to Backstreet Boys, Westlife and Celine Dion.

The other one loved it, but nothing else, because it was never even close to Micro Cuts.

Actually, as Muse is so varied in genres, it's possible to show people songs that match their favourite genres. For example, my friend is somewhat into electronica and stuff and I showed her MotP and she liked it instantly. Now she's converted and listens to the whole discography :D

The only thing that remains mysterious to me is that she doesn't like CE. Why, oh why? :noey:

depends on the person. But Citizen erased used to be a good one.

Or with a friend I used a couple of songs which gave funny reactions:

United states of Eurasia: "Ey, that's Queen!"

Supermassive Blackhole: "Oh my...."

Stockholm Syndrome: "Ok, now I'm getting horny!!!"

It seemed to work well :p

Hysteria works.

Also, I think Starlight is awesome as a first song, after all, it's the song that got me liking Muse. That was when I only knew like 3 of their songs? TIRO, SMBH and Starlight.

Then I went ahead and listened to Absolution and OoS. WHOOOOAHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH

I tried Hysteria with my friend who shares the same taste of music with me.

His reaction:

Friend: I listending to that Moose song you recommended.

Me: You mean Muse.

Friend: Yeah, Hysteria I think it's called.

Me: Awsome song, don't you agree?

Friend: uh, no... It's too slow. You said Muse were awsome. They suck.

Me: :stunned:

I tried Hysteria with my friend who shares the same taste of music with me.

His reaction:

Friend: I listending to that Moose song you recommended.

Me: You mean Muse.

Friend: Yeah, Hysteria I think it's called.

Me: Awsome song, don't you agree?

Friend: uh, no... It's too slow. You said Muse were awsome. They suck.

Me: :stunned:

That right there, I can explain that, that's someone who listens to real rock which is secluded to the underground these days....not some RnB fan that wasnts a bit of pop rock on the side. These people do exist!

Guys, don't try Dead Star

One of my colleagues at school said that muse sucks but when I asked him what songs he knew, he only said like SMBH, Starlight and Uprising (and Hysteria but he kinda liked 'the bassline'). Today on facebook, i saw a post saying MUSE SUCKS. Obviously, I found this very offensive and went on chat with him. He asked me to name him a good muse song so of course i start typing in every muse song but stop and write DEAD STAR LIVE in caps like so. He then says that dead star is 'awful' but good drumming though (him and I are both drummers at school). I mean, how can you not like Dead Star?

He then says that dead star is 'awful' but good drumming though (him and I are both drummers at school). I mean, how can you not like Dead Star?

:noey: *sigh* I seriously think some people are just determined not to like them, you know? Dead Star is amazing!

As I mentioned in my original post, it helped begin the conversion process of my friend who's into a bit heavier stuff :p But I was purposely playing to her interests with that one :LOL:

(Hey, but at least he acknowledged Dom's awesome drumming! :dance: That's something, right? :))

If I was going to use an album to introduce them, I'd give them HAARP.

By song? Hysteria, Time is Running Out, Stockholme Syndrome, Starlight, MotP, Plug in Baby, and USOE would all be good ones. Theres more but those come to my mind right now.

Or just drag them to a concert. Both my friend and my dad loved the concert :p My dad expected to hate it too (He even brought his ipod "just in case")

Archived