Best Songs to Introduce Someone to Muse?

TrebleRose689

I apologize if a thread like this already exists. I honestly tried to do a search and I couldn't find anything. But if one DOES exist, feel free to lock this thread and slap a giant n00b sticker on my forehead :LOL:

I was just wondering what you guys thought were the best songs to use when you're trying to "convert" someone into a Muse fan (:LOL:) or simply introduce them to the band. (Not necesarily your favorite songs)

For me, it sometimes depends on the person and what type of music I know they already like. (Example: My friend Aleida is very much into heavier stuff, so the first Muse song I ever played for her was Dead Star ;) )

But in general, I tend to stick to OoS and Absolution stuff at first, since that was what I first listened to. I usually start with TiRO or something "safer" like that first, then move on to the more unique/interesting stuff once I know I've got their attention :LOL:

I've found lots of people like Bliss too, so that's a useful one to try :p

I was just curious of what you guys thought... I have a bunch more friends that need converting, and I need some ideas ;)

Sunburn

Muscle Museum

Showbiz

New Born

Bliss

Plug In Baby

Citizen Erased

Dead Star

Apocalypse Please

Stockholm Syndrome

Hysteria

Butterflies & Hurricanes

Take A Bow

Map of The Problematique

City Of Delusion

Knights Of Cydonia

Uprising

United States Of Eurasia

Unnatural Selection

MK Ultra

Exogenesis

Just, y'know, the good ones?

I've just lent my friends all the studio albums and told'em to start studying :LOL: And by that tactic I've now lured a few persons to join me on their first Muse gig (after that, I'm sure I won't need to try to convince anymore:)).

Also myself I always listen the albums as a whole, I'm weird/oldschool that way..

I sort of try to refrain from pushing thinks I like to other people, but can't help it :p Just sort of hate to think they'll miss the brilliance that is Muse Live :D

Have been going on about muse to my friend for years and she has never really been that interested. However after I showed her Knights at Wembley shes had it playing on repeat and is going to Manchester with me. My mum now loves Muse to she got interested when listening to songs such as take a bow and hoodoo :D

Have been going on about muse to my friend for years and she has never really been that interested. However after I showed her Knights at Wembley shes had it playing on repeat and is going to Manchester with me. My mum now loves Muse to she got interested when listening to songs such as take a bow and hoodoo :D

how cool is that:D

It does depend on what the person already likes, but as a one-song suggestion, Butterflies & Hurricanes would be a good choice. It's an example of various things Muse are good at, and if you like B&H, chances are you'll like plenty other Muse songs too.

Alternatively, try something catchy, like TIRO, KoC, Bliss, PIB or SMBH. Maybe Uprising, but it is a bit weak.

Microcuts :D

Ok, thats perhaps a way to scare them away :happy:

It depends on the person. If they like heavier rock, Citizen Erased or Stockholm Syndrome. Newborn and PLug in Baby are good too, and Time is Running Out is loved by a lot of people.

But its impossible to define muse's sound in one track... perhaps one (or two) from each album is more helpful.

In which case:

Cave

Muscle Museum

Newborn

Citizen Erased

Stockholm Syndrome

Hysteria

Knights of Cydonia

Hoodoo

MK Ultra

Exogenesis

Archived