I don't know if anybody else pointed this out but on page 25 about Knights of Cydonia...

:facepalm:

:LOL: Yes I saw that too! Also from the reprinted artical about the Muscle Museum EP on page 11:

Who's to say this Exmouth trio won't become the biggest band in the world?

:LOL: Dude, I live in Exmouth! I think I would know if the band originated here or not! We maybe close (and similar) to Teignmouth but still, get your facts right! :facepalm:

Wish they were from Exmouth though :ninja:

$18? :stunned: Shit, that's a lot of money for a magazine, don't think I'm gonna be buying it there. I'm gonna have my boyfriend look for it in Chicago for me lol.

Is the shipping that jacks up the price. Who knew Royal Mail was so expensive. :eek:

Did you see the link to order it in online? :awesome:

It's $9.99 + $8 shipping... it seems a bit high, but not too bad all things considered.

Has anyone ordered it, btw? I was wondering what kind of shipping it is/how long it might take to arrive and if there are any taxes?

I must be crazy because I ordered it. :D The $17.99 price includes shipping, sales tax, and the silly UK "VAT" tax. This is what the order confirmation said:

All products are usually dispatched within 28 days of an order being received depending on stock and availability.

If an item is unavailable for longer than this period you will be notified by email.

You will be notified by e-mail when your item has been dispatched.

I'm wondering how long this is going to take to get to me, especially since it still says "preorder". Better arrive before I move. :indiff:

I must be crazy because I ordered it. :D The $17.99 price includes shipping, sales tax, and the silly UK "VAT" tax. This is what the order confirmation said:

I'm wondering how long this is going to take to get to me, especially since it still says "preorder". Better arrive before I move. :indiff:

Thanks for the info :D I was wondering if that was part of the reason the shipping was so high. I got Q magazine back in the fall when they were on the cover at borders and it was $10 for the magazine, so I don't know that $18 is all that crazy for a special issue, including the price of shipping.

That said, I have no idea how much it might cost to just ship the magazine if someone were to buy it in the UK :unsure:

EDIT:

You can order it online? To Norway? I'm willing to pay the price! How and where do you order?

This is where I'm looking:

http://www.backstreet-merch.com/stores/nme/product.asp?item=nme105

:)

This collectors special is bringing back so many lost memories of my youth.

Is this the only time Matt ever admitted to being influenced by Radiohead?:eek:

we take our influences from a lot of american bands, like Nirvana, '' Matthew asserrts. ''And, yeah Radiohead at the time of 'The Bends' were doing new things with guitar music that it's hard not to be influenced by.

http://www.flickr.com/photos/50414153@N02/4627146056/sizes/o/

Just ordered it, hope it doesn't take too long. Don't really understand the pre-order thing though :erm:

how did you do it? I'm trying to order it through NME shop but can't get anywhere. Is there anything I have to do in advance?

Hi, I have purchased 2 more copies of this magazine and have listed them on ebay UK. Any money made over and above the £4.99 cover price will go to Pancreatic Cancer UK for whom I am fundraising for this year.

I already have one listed on ebay and its proving very popular, so hopefully I will be able to give a few £'s to the charity. Thanks to anyone who has bid on this item already. :D

p.s. will post worldwide.

my order went through no problem on NME. but $18?! this magazine better be fireproof and shit... :LOL:

I know, right? :LOL: I'm legit gonna have to encase mine behind bulletproof glass or something to keep it nice forever so it's worth the ridiculous price I paid for it :p

It says 'Pre-order' for US... Does anyone know when will they actually ship it? :erm:

It said Pre-Order for me, too when I ordered it (ordered it Friday evening though).

I suppose they just haven't changed it by now and if more people are ordering it they're gonna notice and change it.

Well, it cost 18€ (nearly 17 Pound) for me now. Ordered one special (turned out we're unable to send magazines by ourselves o_o) and September's NME with Muse on the cover - surprisingly cheap, isn't it (thought that couldn't be)? :stunned: I wonder when it's gonna be sent though, then I can count down the two weeks it takes to be delivered. *sighs* Such a long time to wait.

Archived