We can't listen to critics who give 5 stars to TIRO and 4 to B&H :noey:

And Assassin 3. :eek: Showbiz also only got 3. and....Darkshines got 2??

I'm not saying everyone has to like every Muse song, but I'm just surprised. :LOL:

I barely got any of the questions on the back page :LOL:. They were too hard/ I'm not that much of a loser to know them all. I mean, who gives a shite what the Stereophonics had to say, or who Muse were supporting back in 2000/2001 or whatever the Q said! I think I knew the answer to the Chris's arm-breaking one and the robot thingy that delivered Matt's guitars at Wembley and nothing else :chuckle:. Crap quiz is crap :phu: lol

Seriously, I disgust myself with the amount of time and brainpower I devote to finding out everything I can about Muse, and I have to say those questions, while a nice change from "obvious" things is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone that actually knows those answers without looking them up on the internet is beyond creepy.

Seriously, I disgust myself with the amount of time and brainpower I devote to finding out everything I can about Muse, and I have to say those questions, while a nice change from "obvious" things is absolutely ridiculous. Anyone that actually knows those answers without looking them up on the internet is beyond creepy.

Finally got my mag from my folks today, and yeah, that quiz? :stunned: I'm glad I'm not the only one who doesn't have all those answers at the tip of my brain. Good grief!

We can't listen to critics who give 5 stars to TIRO and 4 to B&H :noey:

It's NME nuff said, crappy mag is crappy:rolleyes:.

Muse have never been 'cool' enough for NME:phu:. Makes me love Muse even more, I usually love all the bands they hate. But they do love 'The Big Pink':facepalm::LOL:

The mag is so nice (pictures, composition, etc.), but I find the articles strange. I know that journalists aren't there to make friends with everyone. That's one of the big music journalism misconceptions. People think that the mag has to be nice about a band when really, they're trying to give as broad of a view as they can and if that means taking a hit at the band, then so be it. But I found it strange that in an edition that's supposed to praise Muse that there were little snarky comments here and there taking pot shots at them. Maybe it's just honesty? And I also found it strange that only the singles ever got 5 stars and that the highest a song got on TR was 4 stars. I felt that, at times, the magazine was a bit repetetive not to mention, it seems like I read all of that info at some time or another in 'Out of this World' (granted that Mark B. is connected to both the mag and the book). I'm not so familiar with NME, so I'm not sure if it's a normal thing for NME to cater to the opposers. And that quiz was bs. I thought I was stupid for not knowing any of it, but it seems like I'm not the only one having this problem. lol

They rated Intro 3 stars, for god's sake :LOL:

That's higher than Hoodoo, Dark Shines, I Belong To You, and half of Showbiz!

:LOL:

Anyway, I totally got this magazine for the pictures, not the articles. :LOL: There's nothing in it I didn't know already, except the answers to most of the quiz questions, which are so stupidly specific I don't care if I know them or not anyway. It's still nice, though, and I don't regret my purchase one bit. :yesey:

The mag is so nice (pictures, composition, etc.), but I find the articles strange. I know that journalists aren't there to make friends with everyone. That's one of the big music journalism misconceptions. People think that the mag has to be nice about a band when really, they're trying to give as broad of a view as they can and if that means taking a hit at the band, then so be it. But I found it strange that in an edition that's supposed to praise Muse that there were little snarky comments here and there taking pot shots at them. Maybe it's just honesty? And I also found it strange that only the singles ever got 5 stars and that the highest a song got on TR was 4 stars. I felt that, at times, the magazine was a bit repetetive not to mention, it seems like I read all of that info at some time or another in 'Out of this World' (granted that Mark B. is connected to both the mag and the book). I'm not so familiar with NME, so I'm not sure if it's a normal thing for NME to cater to the opposers. And that quiz was bs. I thought I was stupid for not knowing any of it, but it seems like I'm not the only one having this problem. lol

These articles weren't written for this particular magazine special though, it's mostly a collection of articles published in NME over the years. So of course it's not all going to be praise. There's bound to be lots of criticism in there. That's what music magazines do.

These articles weren't written for this particular magazine special though' date=' it's mostly a collection of articles published in NME over the years. So of course it's not all going to be praise. There's bound to be lots of criticism in there. That's what music magazines do.[/quote']

Yeah, I know. I think I was just hoping for a hippy-dippy we love life and Muse magazine. Of course it's cool that they have archived all of the past NME stuff in one mag, but still... I want all sunshine and happiness! :D

These articles weren't written for this particular magazine special though' date=' it's mostly a collection of articles published in NME over the years. So of course it's not all going to be praise. There's bound to be lots of criticism in there. That's what music magazines do.[/quote']

I didn't find the articles particularly critical, rather sensationalist though. I found some of them a bit of a difficult read mainly because of the sensationalism they contained. Most of them were written by Mark Beaumont who wrote Out of This World so these interviews were source material for his book and the majority of the content has already been in the book but it was good to see the interviews in their original form and there were additional things in there. I would take some of it with a pinch of salt though. They were marketing rock stars.

Guest Sarah-x

walked into asda yesterday for food with the mother, came out with this muse magazine :awesome: didnt think i was going to get it. i like it though, not read it all. picutres are :LOL: especially when they are young!

My copy was all bent when it came in the mail.

So when I entered Borders a week later and noticied they had a thousand freakin' copies of it I promptly had a little bitch fit in front of my friend. I could have save ten bucks on a far nicer copy! Boo.

Archived