Dunno if it's been asked before (I don't want to go wading through all the comments :p), but:

I live in Canada and I think all the British magazines we get are a bit behind (the NME I see everywhere isn't the one listed on the site, it's the one with M.I.A on the cover) - so do you think the mag won't even be in stores yet?

I wanna know cause I can't find it, and I want to know if I should just order it online before it's too late.

:)

The cover says "Special Collector's Magazine" and "Limited Edition Publication" - regardless of the journalistic quality, it's bound to attract collectors. Just like the Exogenesis vinyl - I don't even own a turntable and I was on the hunt for a copy (no luck :indiff:). It's the rarity factor, I think. I know for me, I stopped subscribing to and reading magazines a long time ago, but I'm willing to shell out a little extra for special edition issues on people and things that interest me, if only because they're so - or at least, meant to be - rare and in limited supply and circulation :rolleyes: So even though there are scans of the entire issue online and NME breaks no new ground on the Muse front, one-off occasions like this are meant to be celebrated :happy:

/poetic thesis

+1. Even though its mostly stuff I've already read online/other sources I got it because it is limited edition so it feels special :) (that doesn't apply to those awful awful neon bright polo shirts that came out a few year ago though :p )

I have two spare copies left. I can send you one for cover price plus postage. I bought extras to help Musers out.

oh that's lovely, but the problem is, I don't have pounds, I just can send you a cheque in euros :s

I'll try to find a website to buy it with my credit card...

thanks very much anyway :);)

Picture0048.jpg

I got it all the way from Glascow, Scotland.

My friend Lucy was gracious enough to send me one.

Excuse the crappy photo. It was 2 AM when I saw it in the mailbox. XD

*Glasgow :LOL:

I'm jealous though, just got back from there and didn't see any when i was up! When i asked in 3 different WHSmith's they all just gave me funny looks and tried to sell me the normal NME :facepalm:

:wtf: I just walked to the music shelf and saw them right away.

huh, i guess you were lucky, or i was unlucky. I tried the one in Braehead, another when i was out and about, and then the service stations coming up and down... unless i completely over looked them, i didn't see any :(

huh, i guess you were lucky, or i was unlucky. I tried the one in Braehead, another when i was out and about, and then the service stations coming up and down... unless i completely over looked them, i didn't see any :(

That's a bummer. I went to the one in the city centre though. You could always order it online if you're desperate. Another £2 of shipping charges though :indiff:

I got mine at the services on the M5 going to South Wales... Saw it yesterday at the Hilton Park services coming back so I suppose there are still some copies about.

Is there much point me checking in somewhere like Tesco for this? :$

Probably not, I checked in about 3 different Tesco, Asda and Co-op where I live, and not one had it. I ended up finding the last copy in WHSmith's.

I have an extra copy. I offered it on the oldies thread but they are all sorted. Send me a PM if you'd like it . (Only to someone who hasn't been able to get one, as I could put it on ebay for a ridiculous amount of money) :)

Sorry. It's gone. It's on its way to France. :)

Archived