Question to those who already have and have read it (be honest!)...

Is it really worth the $18-ish dollars most of us in the US had to pay to buy it online? :unsure: My dad was nice enough to pay for mine, but he still kinda guilt-tripped me about it (parents... *sigh* :rolleyes:), so I'm really hoping that once I get it, it'll all be worth it! :p

They didn't have it at my Barnes and Noble. :( But I found the Guitar Player mag with Matt on the cover! :)

Same here, except it was at a Schuler's books, which is like, a smaller chain around the region. When I went to B&N, I just had the guy look it up on the computer, and they didn't have it. I also went to Guitar Center, but I got there 3 minutes after they closed. Then I went to the music shop at Best Buy as a last ditch effort, and this is how it went:

Me: "Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to carry magazines, would you?"

Guy: "Magazines..."

Me: "You know, like NME."

Guy: "Anime...?"

Me: "No, NME, like the British music magazine."

*confused look from guy*

Guy: "Uhhhh, no. Sorry."

Just for reference, on the job application to work at the music shop in a Best Buy, at least a year of music playing/teaching/etc. experience is required. I find it hard to believe that this guy, who seemed to be a fairly competent drummer, had NO idea what NME was.

Even if this is Michigan.

They didn't have it at my Barnes and Noble. :( But I found the Guitar Player mag with Matt on the cover! :)

I just struck out at Borders. They don't carry NME, had the June release of Q, and were apparently all out of Guitar Player.

Me: Do you carry Guitar Player magazine? I don't see any on the shelf.

Associate: *looks through all the magazines I just checked* Let me go check.

Me: *waits*

Associate: We carry it but don't have any right now. Maybe they sent them back. We have lots of other guitar magazines too though!

Me: :facepalm::noey:

No point in trying to explain that none of those "other" magazines have Matt in them.

I can see it now.... "No, you have to finish Absolution before you have dessert!" :chuckle:

I used to be like that, except the other way 'round. Demanding my parents to play me so and so song before I would take another bite of food. :LOL:

As for whoever asked a few pages back, I ordered my copy online with the preorder link thing on nme... yeah. I've not seen NME sold at any Borders or Barnes & Noble that I've been to and I don't feel like peeling through every single one in the area, especially since I don't drive and I don't want to bother my parents with something like this.... I'm sure some place will have it though from what I can tell it's gonna be released late in the US anyway.

Same here, except it was at a Schuler's books, which is like, a smaller chain around the region. When I went to B&N, I just had the guy look it up on the computer, and they didn't have it. I also went to Guitar Center, but I got there 3 minutes after they closed. Then I went to the music shop at Best Buy as a last ditch effort, and this is how it went:

Me: "Hey, you guys wouldn't happen to carry magazines, would you?"

Guy: "Magazines..."

Me: "You know, like NME."

Guy: "Anime...?"

Me: "No, NME, like the British music magazine."

*confused look from guy*

Guy: "Uhhhh, no. Sorry."

Just for reference, on the job application to work at the music shop in a Best Buy, at least a year of music playing/teaching/etc. experience is required. I find it hard to believe that this guy, who seemed to be a fairly competent drummer, had NO idea what NME was.

Even if this is Michigan.

I'm the only one I've met that knows what NME is. :LOL:

From Magazine Cafe (located in NYC but can ship) :

"Here is the link to order the NME special issue featuring Muse.

http://stores.magazinecafeny.com/-strse-228/NME-magazine,-New-musical/Detail.bok

Please place your order as soon as possible we have limited quantities in stock.

Also let others know who need this issue. "

So, I'm letting you all know! :)

:happy: Cheers!

http://stores.magazinecafeny.com/-strse-228/NME-magazine,-New-musical/Detail.bok

Please place your order as soon as possible we have limited quantities in stock.

:D Cheers! Wish this came sooner before I ordered from NME though. :LOL:

:awesome::dance::party:

I love you :kiss:

After combing every Borders and Barnes & Noble within a 10-mile radius and giving up on the NME link b/c it wasn't working for me (for some odd reason :indiff:), I just ordered with the link you gave :happy:

My dear, you just saved me from myself :LOL: I was willing to wait, but I know I would've torn my hair out within days. Thank you so much :kiss:

*cheers* :awesome:

i've made my day...

i've placed my order :D

So...for the people who ordered it off the NME website - I contacted customer services to see if they could even estimate a ship date for me. I explained that I am moving in about six weeks and wanted it delivered to the right address. This was the response I received:

:eek::stunned::mad: Guys...I think this is going to take awhile. :(

Whaaat i hope it's not the same for the UK... it won't be will it??:( i 'pre' ordered mine last night...

You Life Saver! youve done it again

I have several copies yet unclaimed; going into town today to see how much it will cost to ship the box of NME's home to the US. I can send them to Musers in the US/Canada when I get home, or if you are elsewhere and desperate I can mail one from here in England. (Already mailing one to Hong Kong and one to Denmark). Asking only my cost for the magazine and shipping/postage; not a scalper!

So? Why the hell do I have to ration it out. If you like them that much go to another town to get it? No need for a tantrum :rolleyes: What are you like 12?!

Yes I am 12 so??? And omg do you think I'm stupid??? I've looked literally everywhere and I never have seen it in my life ever.

Anyone trying to answer the questions at the end?

I'm stuck with question 8...

When Maverick refused to release 'Origin Of Symmetry' in America, which US rocker tried to license the album for release on his own label?

Archived