Pah. Night one had the Dead Star/Micro Cuts. Still the best thing I have ever seen Muse do live.

:yesey:

So wish I'd been able to get a standing ticket for the gig. Still, had seats really near the stage and had an amazing time :)

A bit OT, but Earls Court related: does anyone know where can be found (if it still exists) the footage taken from Matt's camera during the Dracula Mountain intro?

Earl's Court footage is hard to come by. I've only seen one person who's camera wasn't terrible.

• 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
  • 1 month later...
  • 4 years later...

When I did it last time...

Le Zenith 2001

Wembley 2003

Pinkpop 2004

Earl's Court 2004

Reading/Leeds 2006 (Leeds had the better setlist but more rain)

Wembley 2007

V Festival 2008

Tokyo 2010 (Dead Star, CTMEOFY, Dom as Gaichapan - whats not to like?)

I think thats all I can think of.

I think as a shortlist of 5, I'd say Le Zenith, Wembley Absolution, Pinkpop, Earl's Court and V08. Zepp or Montreux would also make the new longlist, for obvious reasons.

Montreaux 2016.

Yes, I'm still salty af about that list. And yes, even if we got MC, CE and AP in provinssi. Still salty.

I was only ever salty about it 'cause I genuinely nearly went. Think I was choosing between that, Sziget and Rock Am See but chose the Eiffel Tower gig when that got announced. In fact, the only reason I didn't go with Montreux was 'cause the setup seemed a bit more confusing than other fests I've been to and didn't wanna risk a mixup when I'd already be nervous af about being on me own in a foreign country.

Got over it pretty quick though. Futurism would've been the only song I haven't seen, crowd seemed pretty dead and, goofy costumes aside, the encore was pretty gash. Don't even really regret doing Paris instead either.

Edit: If we're talking gigs I considered going to and do regret skipping though, then I'd love to go back and go to Exeter and Ulster Hall on the Psycho Tour (as much as that Assassin tease would've murdered me). Hopefully gonna make up for them by travelling around as much as I can whenever they next do something like that.

Archived