How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

After about 10 plays, it's really starting to grow.

I agree with the majority that the intro and first verse are not that good. Let's say we give that part a 1/5. Afterwards, it starts to get better. The speed and power of the song are increasing and I'm getting that 'The Resistance' feeling again. 3/5 here.

When the chorus kicks in from the preview and onward, the song is at it's best. This really is Muse going all out again, just like ''the old days''. You have to be honest about that. And of course the piano outro is sublime. 4/5.

Overall I would rate it 3,5/5. If you judge it as a song in it's own right, it's great. Just not that great if you compare it with things Muse have done before.

Edit: Don't mind the grammar, I have exams coming up in an hour or so.

ok 1/5 because it's not worse as Guiding Light BUT it's still very very very bad. It makes me wonder "when was it the last time i heard a real good riff from Muse?", hummm answer : "Supermassive black hole in 2006 :eek: ". Well i'm waiting for a new real riff yet. I don't want something like 2 notes (=sound) sounding in a long time (sorry i don't know the word to express myself, i'm french so... hope you understand me :rolleyes:) as in Take a Bow or Knights, it sucks. This song is awful ! :vomit:

1 star and it could only be a nought if Jedward did it.

I think the lyrics are pathetic, school-boy tripe. The music is a half-arsed attempt to sound like songs they've made before and parody isn't something the fans should be expected to pay for. Glad I heard it on YT and saved myself buying it.

I find myself listening to Muse less and less as the years go by. Songs like this won't pull me back. As it is, Resistance is barely listened to.

David Bowie had his career ups and downs, but that man is still my idol. If a band doesn't move forward, then they are just going to fall through the cracks and be forgotten.

Even in his most coked-up state, Bowie still innovated. At no point did he go into self parody.

How have Muse innovated? Each album is largely a sequel to the last, with the sounds turned up and the political overtone forced down your neck whereby you get to the Resistance and it's been overblown to sound trite and as if the band feel they have to expand what being Muse is to the point where it lost all meaning.

The music is no longer ambitious enough. We've heard them expand this genre, yet when they make more poppy songs, they sound like they're taking the piss. Lady Gaga is huge, because she's happy with making pop music. I'd quite happily see Muse go pop if they did it properly and not insult popular music with generic rock ballads that make them look petulant.

2/5 I feel tempted to give it 1, but it is catchy and the synth is good if slightly predictable (as in Muse have used the same pattern and synth in how many songs now?).

So for Muse, certainly the Muse of old, it is another poor song (1/5), but for what it is it's not bad (3/5) = 2/5

Even in his most coked-up state, Bowie still innovated. At no point did he go into self parody.

How have Muse innovated? Each album is largely a sequel to the last, with the sounds turned up and the political overtone forced down your neck whereby you get to the Resistance and it's been overblown to sound trite and as if the band feel they have to expand what being Muse is to the point where it lost all meaning.

The music is no longer ambitious enough. We've heard them expand this genre, yet when they make more poppy songs, they sound like they're taking the piss. Lady Gaga is huge, because she's happy with making pop music. I'd quite happily see Muse go pop if they did it properly and not insult popular music with generic rock ballads that make them look petulant.

+1 to this.

If you're going to do pop, do it properly and go properly full on.

This. It's becoming a bit of an embarrassment to even like them these days with some of the crap they are making.

Sorry... But even i'm starting to think that they are doing it for $$$ and quick fame in the states...

Don't get me wrong i wish them all the success in the world, but it's a two way street in my opinion.... You make half decent records... We buy 'em

But this. :mad:

Because of this song, you guys given up on this band? Wtf! Total bullshit. You guys just want the OOS and Hullabaloo times where they get all those heavy riffs and songs. Then go ahead! Tired of people saying the latest album too poppy and this song pop.:mad: But thats their opinions which I dont care. I think the song its good in my opinion and I know this song is not what you expected to be. Hate it or love it, just appreciate the music they are playing, please? My rating, give it a 4/5. Above average but below amazing.

Because of this song, you guys given up on this band? Wtf! Total bullshit. You guys just want the OOS and Hullabaloo times where they get all those heavy riffs and songs. Then go ahead! Tired of people saying the latest album too poppy and this song pop.:mad: But thats their opinions which I dont care. I think the song its good in my opinion and I know this song is not what you expected to be. Hate it or love it, just appreciate the music they are playing, please? My rating, give it a 4/5. Above average but below amazing.

Its not that the new album is too poppy, its just shit

Its not that the new album is too poppy, its just shit

+1

They do very good 'pop' songs (Uprising, Supermassive, Knights of Cydonia, TIRO) but it's the amount of 80s style cheesy ballad love songs (Resistance, Guiding Light) and the complete incoherence of the album (all over the place, going from pop-rock Uprising, the aforementioned cheese, a couple of random heavier riff songs, some ridiculous 5 minute laugh about cabaret french thing and finishing in a three-part classical piece) that make it almost impossible to listen to as a single album that makes The Resistance poor in my eyes.

Or you are just expecting WAY too much out of Muse.

To expect something that sounded at least vaugely similar to the albums that went before? If it's made up of songs he doesn't like then he's not going to like the album. It's not unreasonable to have liked Absolution and half of BHaR and think 'yeah the next album could be great' and then listen to The Resistance and find it disappointing and going in a way you didn't really imagine it would.

But of course people will be accused of being narrow minded and unable to grasp change if they had this view :rolleyes:

To expect something that sounded at least vaugely similar to the albums that went before? If it's made up of songs he doesn't like then he's not going to like the album. It's not unreasonable to have liked Absolution and half of BHaR and think 'yeah the next album could be great' and then listen to The Resistance and find it disappointing and going in a way you didn't really imagine it would.

But of course people will be accused of being narrow minded and unable to grasp change if they had this view :rolleyes:

People are hoping to come across the second coming of Dead Star and Absolution, which is not going to happen. To suddenly lose interest in a band just because of one album or one song that isnt up to your expectations is a bit silly to me. You still have the four albums before it, lighten up and move on.

People are hoping to come across the second coming of Dead Star and Absolution, which is not going to happen. To suddenly lose interest in a band just because of one album or one song that isnt up to your expectations is a bit silly to me. You still have the four albums before it, lighten up and move on.

2 albums, 2 gigs and a whole host of recent single choices.

I think thats fair enough. Maybe you should lighten up and accept some people have different opinions to you. They're not my favourite band, I don't like them nearly as much as I used to but I will still occasionally listen to Origin or Absolution if I feel like it. However I don't like this one

2 albums, 2 gigs and a whole host of recent single choices.

I think thats fair enough. Maybe you should lighten up and accept some people have different opinions to you. They're not my favourite band, I don't like them nearly as much as I used to but I will still occasionally listen to Origin or Absolution if I feel like it. However I don't like this one

I understand people have different views and opinions which is fine, hate the song I don't care, but taking it to a different level and spewing insulting crap to other people, about the band, and whatnot then being dramatic and such is a totally different thing. Acting like a pretentious know it all doesn't help people's arguement's either.

Archived