How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

0/5

Muse can fuck off :LOL: :LOL: I'm not even going to take the 30 seconds to download it and put it on my iPod.

Seriously though, I'm sick of this cheesy, annoying crap Muse has been producing lately. I don't even want to know what the next album will be like. The music alone isn't completely horrible, but the vocals and lyrics bring it down, a lot. I think I've finally given up on them :(

0/5

Muse can fuck off :LOL: :LOL: I'm not even going to take the 30 seconds to download it and put it on my iPod.

Seriously though, I'm sick of this cheesy, annoying crap Muse has been producing lately. I don't even want to know what the next album will be like. The music alone isn't completely horrible, but the vocals and lyrics bring it down, a lot. I think I've finally given up on them :(

So I take it you're not going to the So. Cal shows then?

So I take it you're not going to the So. Cal shows then?

Just because I don't like their new material doesn't mean I don't want to see them live. Obviously they play some of their back catalog at shows, and it's more about the experience than the band for me. That's why I'd rather not go at all if I can't get pit tix.

Just because I don't like their new material doesn't mean I don't want to see them live. Obviously they play some of their back catalog at shows, and it's more about the experience than the band for me. That's why I'd rather not go at all if I can't get pit tix.

I wasn't addressing your dismissal of their new material. I was referring to your "giving up" on them. Why pay to see a band that you've given up on?

I wasn't addressing your dismissal of their new material. I was referring to your "giving up" on them. Why pay to see a band that you've given up on?

I've given up on them because I don't think they've ever go back to the unique style of music they used to produce. That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of their old music. And concerts can be fun no matter how much you dislike some of the songs; at ACX I stood up and sang along with Guiding Light even though I think it's a cheesy song. I can be excited to see them live without being excited for their new music.

I've given up on them because I don't think they've ever go back to the unique style of music they used to produce. That has absolutely nothing to do with my opinion of their old music. And concerts can be fun no matter how much you dislike some of the songs; at ACX I stood up and sang along with Guiding Light even though I think it's a cheesy song. I can be excited to see them live without being excited for their new music.

And on the plus side, if the music is shit you can watch the visuals :awesome:

So considerate of them :LOL:

0/5

100% agree. with this and lady gaga potentially doing wembley with them, i think i may go and sell my ticket.

Gave it 2 stars. I thought GL was just a mistake, but it seems to have set a new standard. NSC is too easy, very predictable. If I want predictable I'll buy me a Bon Jovi record, never thought I'd feel the same about Muse. Its still Muse, so eventually I'll force myself in liking it, but it doesnt feel special at all, sort of mix between Resistance, GL and IBTY, an unbalanced leftover from The Resistance.

After listening to the interview with Matt and his explanation of how the song came to be written, I don't find it cheesy at all. He explains that he wrote the lyrics for the times and the moments when you begin a relationship and it seems that nothing could ever go wrong.

I wanted to hate this song because it did sound so cheesy. But, after listening to it and taking in

everything Matt had said, it just fit. It almost breaks my heart thinking that Matt wrote this song after his break up. To write a love song when the one you were in just ended? That's a task.

So, I forgive the "cheesy" lyrics and I think the music is great. The piano at the end lingers for me when it ends and then I hit repeat because the song is so damn catchy. I hate that Twilight is going to gobble the thing up, but Muse is still Muse at the end of the day. Great bands never stay static.

David Bowie had his career ups and downs, but that man is still my idol. If a band doesn't move forward, then they are just going to fall through the cracks and be forgotten.

Sorry haters, but if you can't stand listening to the new album or wherever Muse decides to go in the future, then stop fucking listening to them. Grab your Absolution and OOS and sit in your room and cry.

I love Muse I really do, and I love 'The Resistance', I'm not a hater. But this song is truly awful:eek:. The intro makes me wince with horror/embarrassment, the lyrics are so cheesy and clumsy. I've listened to it 4 times now and its now stuck in my brain, not in a good way. This is the first Muse track that I actually hate:(. I personally had no problem with them doing a song for Twilight, but why did they have to make one like this:facepalm:.

I don't understand concidering all the promotion and airplay this song is going to get they could have made an amazing love song. Love songs do not have to=cheese. I guess the only saving grace for me is its not on an album. Please Muse never ever make another song like this again, enough of the cheese. I give this song 1/5. I'm now off to bleach my brain of this song:LOL: I'm still a Muse fan BTW, one song will not put me off them, I just hope they have got this out their system.

Well i was expecting it to be cheesy and perhaps they would be kind of taking the piss, because of the film, but if so at least i got the joke.

when i heared it i innitially cringed at the part about snowflakes dissipating. it sounded like mat was singing to slow for the music and had to cram the whole line in at the end. other than that i thought it was alright and as cheesy as i expected. after a few listens its grown on me and i can say even the snowflakes dont bother me.

Well i say lets EMBRACE THE DODGYNESS and take it for what it is, a dodgy 80's style movie soundtrack song made for an equally dodgy film. and perhaps that was what was required for the film. Can i also point out that if it was so terrible or ill suited than it would never have been picked to represent a major (yet crap, but how can i argue with the masses) film as the lead single.

I gave it 3.5 and by the way, I like Guiding light so get over it.

It was in no way written for Eclipse. Matt wrote that about his ex as soon as he broke up with her, long before he agreed to any involvement in Eclipse. It was written about how when you first get together with someone, you think the relationship will last forever, and when it ends, you see how wrong you were. Kind of sad, in the end. Not that cheesy at all.

3/5

It's Guiding Light meets Starlight meets Knights of Cydonia-lite.

It's cheesy, it's lovey-dovey, it's happy.

And you know what? It's growing on me. It's not their best, but not their worst. It's in the middle, just as my rating is (approximately of course, seeing as how the middle would be 2.5/5. I'm rounding up, okay?)

+ 10000000

exactly what i think...

I don't think it's happy tho :$

I don't usually like the pop-factor of the latest releases but for some obscure reason, this track gets to me.

Not their best track, not by a fair bit but not their worst. I would say 3.5/5 from me.

I don't think my opinion will bring anything new to the table.

Archived