How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

3/5

This song OOZES in cheese. The lyrics are extremely painful to listen to and the first section before the first chorus is not so hot either. However, the chorus is uplifting and the last piano section at the end is magnificent.

Quite honestly, I am worried about the future of this band. :$

Really, really not a fan of the beginning. Or any of the verses for that matter. I love the chorus however. The keyboard and guitar combined with the vocals are just spectacular. I think Matt's voice has hit a new level of awesomeness. Not going to say anything about the lyrics. I think that's for the best.

But that piano section at the end? Absolutely orgasmic.

I gave it a 2 because the verses really bring it down for me. I'm kind of all over the place with my opinion about this song. We'll see what I think in a few days.

I like the song overall so I give it a 3.7

Things I don't like are:

The corny lyrics, but I guess this is for Eclipse so what do you expect

The sound of the first line in each verse

I don't dig the KoC style guitar that starts in the second verse either

Apart from that, not bad.

I like it a lot better now that i know its about looking back to the beginning of an ended relationship.

Cool synths, great chord progressions, interesting song structure, great vocals (backup as well), awesome drums, ADAGIO SOSENTRO. Too queeny but I like it. However, its not what I want to hear with the next album.

I'd give it about a 2.8, but obviously I have to round up to a 3.

In 1982 I might have given it a 4.

:LOL: this.

I voted four but I meant 3.5. The cheesy lyrics are a huge fail, doubly so since they're so understandable compared to Matt's usual draaaaaaaaaaaaaaaawing ouuuuuuuuuuuuuuuut of woooooooooooooooords. It feels like a lot of ideas crammed into one tune, so more points lost there - t'would have been much better if it were dragged out. I don't mind the KoC influence at all, but the blatant 80's needs to stop, it loses a lot of points there. ESPECIALLY IN DOM'S DRUMS. I CANNOT STRESS THIS ENOUGH. The first chorus beat is so 80s cheese it's awful. After that though, it's really not too bad, but I hope the 80's + Queen + classical + synth arpeggio = one song formula doesn't become a Muse trademark, it's just too much in one song to handle.

Overall though, it was so much better than I expected, which was a simple, boring Starlight-esque track. This has a lot more to it.

2/5. I get what this song is about, but I just cannot forgive the first minute of the song, plus the fact that to me, it sounds like several other Muse songs sewn together with a layer of cheese crusted on top. The song doesn't have it's own essence to me, and I'd say that most Muse songs do, whether they are good or bad.

2/5. I get what this song is about, but I just cannot forgive the first minute of the song, plus the fact that to me, it sounds like several other Muse songs sewn together with a layer of cheese crusted on top. The song doesn't have it's own essence to me, and I'd say that most Muse songs do, whether they are good or bad.

I agree with your comments about it not having it's own substance :erm:

Between Feeling Good and Guiding Light :awesome:

Dead Star:$

yeah, i figured that :D

Archived