How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

Guest jessychickin

I don't love it, but don't hate it, the lyrics are cheesy and make me cringe slightly but I still find myself singing with it :LOL::D

NSC sounds like a tribute-to-Muse song...It's got the KoC beat, arpeggios, Telstar-style guitar solo, romantic piano, very cheesy lyrics...

You can tell it was done in a hurry.

Plus it's got the spacey metaphor to love...."our hearts combined like a neutron-star collision" which really looks like as if someone was taking a piss out of this aspect of Muse's lyric writing...

I would give it a 3;

It's perky. upbeat and catchy and is great to have a laugh with. The lyrics are cheesy beyond belief which all add's to it. I don't think you will ever be able to take it seriously purely based on the first 4 lines :p but it's a fun song in the same way as B+H is: extremely cheesy but catchy.

And yes, Pink Ego Box > NSC ;)

starlight + time is running out + sing for absolution + guiding light

this song took things out of the worst songs muse made. but this song was made for twilight. (best thing twilight ever gave to the world, 2nd is vampires suck)

:noey: Don't compare NSC to the beautiful eeriness of Sing For Absolution.

NSC is under-rated. By no means there best song but it would be looked at FAR differently if it was not associated with Twilight.

4/5

Basically this, and I can only hear Knights of Cydonia in this song once it kicks up. Other than that, it's it own entity.

I still like it. Still feels like it could be a James Bond theme. Would fit in well with the 80's bond themes. The middle part of the song does sound very similar to Knights of Cydonia, but I suspected the purpose of this song was to condense all that was Muse into 4 minutes of cheesy goodness. The outro is still one of the best outro's they've ever done.

Wow, I had no idea people hate that song so much. :stunned: Yes, it's not a typical Muse song, and the lyrics are a bit cheesy, but I still think it's a catchy song and I quite enjoy listening to it. I've never seen Eclipse and it doesn't even come to my mind when I think of this song. It wasn't written for the film as far as I know so, yknow. :)

Archived