How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

Not really, the average rating'd still be the same, as I think there are some here who, were it not for the fact it's a muse song, would have hated it, but because its muse, have subconsciously upped what their rating would have been

And the reverse! ;)

I still think that people may have upped their rating after listening to it more as I've seen posts saying that.

There's definitely an air of Queen about NSC and also parts of The Resistance. What surprised me though, was seeing references to Queen in the early reviews in the NME Muse special! I never thought Muse sounded anything like Queen before TR!:stunned:

I'm still not a huge fan of it, it's good fun live but on record it doesn't really capture that atmosphere and just sounds......well like Queen :LOL:

As for the bolded part, LOL, I assume he played it himself in the recording studio unless he mimed while Morgan did it :LOL:

He played it on the Friday at Tinmuff before getting scared off, the poor dear :chuckle:

And the reverse! ;)

I still think that people may have upped their rating after listening to it more as I've seen posts saying that.

Nah, it doesn't really work to the same extent unless they're despised by people who're rating lowly as the are loved who are rating highly - It requires a real intensity of feeling for it do affect the ratings of stuff

I'm still not a huge fan of it, it's good fun live but on record it doesn't really capture that atmosphere and just sounds......well like Queen :LOL:

As for the bolded part, LOL, I assume he played it himself in the recording studio unless he mimed while Morgan did it :LOL:

He played it at Teignmouth on 4th September. I reckon he lost confidence playing it live when he forgot it on the 5th. I'm sure he can still play it though.

About the averages changing - the other day I computed the average leaving off the 0 and the 5 votes, thinking they might be outliers/people going to extremes, and got roughly the same average as the total avg at the time (somewhere between 2.5 and 3)

I rated the song 4/5 after several listenings. well, maybe it's not the greatest one, but when you forget where the song was 'put' and restrain from other's opinions, you'll realise it's a good one to listen to. anyway, I'm waiting for the full piano version ;)

• 3 months later...

Archived