How would you rate Neutron Star Collision  

939 members have voted

1. 1. How would you rate Neutron Star Collision

Queen ... again?!

And what's with this lame text ... this would be a shame for every trashy emo-band!

Don't ever think to play this live at Wembley...

What's wrong with sounding like Queen? :wtf:

I actually really liked the resemblance to Queen here. Ok it IS a bit too cheesy and they could've done better, but it's a grower. I love the piano :D aaannnd it maybe has the potential to be better live, we'll see.

I'd give it a 3.5 / 5

Maybe after a week or so there should be another poll. I think some people judged it without listening to it enough. It sounded chaotic to me, like several different songs, first couple of listens, even though I still picked up on it emotionally, but it works perfectly for me now. Doesn't sound chaotic at all. There aren't many songs that are instants.

1/5. to be honest i don't like it. i love all of their songs before, that i can't stop to listen to them every single day and every second i have chances to listen to them. but nsc, i think i just listen to it twice and i don't want to hear it anymore. it may be means something to matt. and for that reason i respect to it.

Maybe after a week or so there should be another poll. I think some people judged it without listening to it enough. It sounded chaotic to me, like several different songs, first couple of listens, even though I still picked up on it emotionally, but it works perfectly for me now. Doesn't sound chaotic at all. There aren't many songs that are instants.

I agree.

Though I'm actually surprised, these days people seem to love or hate something (give it 5/5 or 1/5, and nothing in between).

That doesn't seem to be the case here though :)

After first hearing it I gave it a 1/5:(, sorry Muse. I was I a bit horrified TBH:eek:. But after listening to it a few more times it is now stuck in my head, not sure if this is a good thing but I'll go with it. The vocal at the beginning still really bothers me and the lyrics are still terrible, its as cheesy as hell, but can't deny the chorus is catchy, and overall sounds nowhere near as bad as I first thought.

So I'm going to upgrade my score to 2.5, its never going to be a favourite of mine, but I think it could be good live, as a replacement for Guiding Light (I hope)

The vocal at the beginning still really bothers me

Do mean because the song goes straight into vocal or the sound of Matt's voice as that would amaze me?

I actually like the more recent songs as I think the vocal sounds very natural. I love the beginning. Soft, sensual, gorgeous imo. It wouldn't matter if there was a piano intro through rather than straight into vocal. There still could be another version.

I'm not arguing btw, just interested.

I would of given it a 4 if it wasn't for Twilight.

I like it, its quite a good song. Its pop, yes, but it's interesting.. and I like the beat and the piano.

But yeah, the whole Twilight thing.. it drops back to a 2

I'll open another poll maybe after a month or something as it would be nice to see some more reflective opinions. Maybe after it's been played live so it can heard in every context, since the first poll was up before we saw the video too.

Do mean because the song goes straight into vocal or the sound of Matt's voice as that would amaze me?

I actually like the more recent songs as I think the vocal sounds very natural. I love the beginning. Soft, sensual, gorgeous imo. It wouldn't matter if there was a piano intro through rather than straight into vocal. There still could be another version.

I'm not arguing btw, just interested.

Its not his voice itself I don't like, I love his voice, I actually prefer it now to earlier Muse. Its just the delivery, to me it sounds like he's going to break out into a West End musical showtune:LOL:. Don't know if that makes any sense, that and the actual lyrics which when I first heard I was:eek: :$, but now its more:LOL:, although I don't think that was probably the reaction he was trying to convey.

But you never know, by next week I might even be up to a 4;). I think this song has some kind of mind control thing going on that makes you like it however much you try to resist:LOL:

When I heard this song for the first time I didn't like it. I was disappointed. It sounded stupid and full of romantic pathos. But after listening it several times (more than 10...) it seems just funny and ironic. It always make me smile when I hear it.

Its not his voice itself I don't like, I love his voice, I actually prefer it now to earlier Muse. Its just the delivery, to me it sounds like he's going to break out into a West End musical showtune:LOL:. Don't know if that makes any sense, that and the actual lyrics which when I first heard I was:eek: :$, but now its more:LOL:, although I don't think that was probably the reaction he was trying to convey.

But you never know, by next week I might even be up to a 4;). I think this song has some kind of mind control thing going on that makes you like it however much you try to resist:LOL:

Thanks for clarifying. :)

OK, I've listened to it a few times now and every time it does my head in. I can't wait for the song to end. Stilton cheese comes to mind. Boo!

I originally gave it a 2 and that was being nice. Disregarding the fact that they're damn talented musicians, I have to go with a 1.

Sorry. :(

Very true, I now change my rating to 2.

However I was really blown away by Hysteria the first time.

Very true, I now change my rating to 2.

However I was really blown away by Hysteria the first time.

I was blown away by pretty much all of their early singles, except maybe a couple off Showbiz. I have absolutely no desire to even listen to this song again, let alone try and force myself to like it :LOL:

That's one of the problems I have with it, I find it comical and funny... and I could imagine myself enjoying it strictly on that level some day (it hasn't quite grown on me that much, it's gone from unlistenable to bearable at this point) but since I don't believe it was meant that way, it'll still bother me.

I remember when I first heard USoE, I laughed at it the same way I did with this one and felt sort of bad about that until I saw an interview where the guys described it as funny and said they laughed at the queen burst every time and that's why they left it in. Once I knew they were laughing about it too, I could enjoy the song more because I didn't have to feel bad laughing at something that was meant to not be taken seriously.

But with this song, Matt described it as being this personal thing, and I can't belp but think this one was meant to be completely serious. If that's the case, laughing at it seems a bit awkward and I don't know if I could ever truly enjoy it.....

That's a bit of a ramble, does any of it make any sense? :chuckle:

Not really, the average rating'd still be the same, as I think there are some here who, were it not for the fact it's a muse song, would have hated it, but because its muse, have subconsciously upped what their rating would have been

That's one of the problems I have with it, I find it comical and funny... and I could imagine myself enjoying it strictly on that level some day (it hasn't quite grown on me that much, it's gone from unlistenable to bearable at this point) but since I don't believe it was meant that way, it'll still bother me.

I remember when I first heard USoE, I laughed at it the same way I did with this one and felt sort of bad about that until I saw an interview where the guys described it as funny and said they laughed at the queen burst every time and that's why they left it in. Once I knew they were laughing about it too, I could enjoy the song more because I didn't have to feel bad laughing at something that was meant to not be taken seriously.

But with this song, Matt described it as being this personal thing, and I can't belp but think this one was meant to be completely serious. If that's the case, laughing at it seems a bit awkward and I don't know if I could ever truly enjoy it.....

That's a bit of a ramble, does any of it make any sense? :chuckle:

I was mixed on USoE. I found the intro really difficult and the SIA bits just stupid, however live it really works quite well, and the lyrics aren't as over-the-top cheese like this one. Plus musically USoE does have some excellent moments in it. I'm still not sure of the point of Collateral Damage though, sure Matt can play it well but it's just sort of there :stunned:

I was mixed on USoE. I found the intro really difficult and the SIA bits just stupid, however live it really works quite well, and the lyrics aren't as over-the-top cheese like this one. Plus musically USoE does have some excellent moments in it. I'm still not sure of the point of Collateral Damage though, sure Matt can play it well but it's just sort of there :stunned:

I'm still not a huge fan of USoE. It's OK live and I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I do agree, though, that overall it's a better song. (musically and lyrically)

The thing is, with USoE, I feel like I'm laughing with the band.... with NSC, I feel like I'm laughing at them... to me, that makes all the difference :erm:

About that last bolded bit - can he? :p;)

I love the fact that it is a very personal song and as Matt said, it may be cheesy but that's the way he felt at that moment.

It takes a lot of courage to express your feelings, and he did a great job, to me the music and lyrics are beautiful.

I just ignore all the Twilight related hype.. because to me that's completely irrelevant.

:matt: :matt: :matt: :matt: :matt: :matt:

I'm still not a huge fan of USoE. It's OK live and I don't hate it, but I don't love it either. I do agree, though, that overall it's a better song. (musically and lyrically)

The thing is, with USoE, I feel like I'm laughing with the band.... with NSC, I feel like I'm laughing at them... to me, that makes all the difference :erm:

About that last bolded bit - can he? :p;)

I'm still not a huge fan of it, it's good fun live but on record it doesn't really capture that atmosphere and just sounds......well like Queen :LOL:

As for the bolded part, LOL, I assume he played it himself in the recording studio unless he mimed while Morgan did it :LOL:

Archived